Iron Fist Jessica Henwick IS Colleen Wing

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
ironfist.jpg

Jessica Henwick (“Game of Thrones,” “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”) has joined the Netflix original series “Marvel’s Iron Fist” as Colleen Wing.

A martial arts expert running her own dojo, Colleen will serve as an invaluable ally to Danny Rand as he returns to his life in New York. In the comics, Colleen first appeared in MARVEL PREMIERE #19 as one of Danny’s first friends after he left K’un-L’un.

“I’m very excited to have Jessica as our Colleen Wing,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “She’s shown us that she can bring both a sense of quiet strength as well as an engaging vulnerability to the character.”

“Jessica brings both a youthful vitality mixed with a strong sense of authority crucial to the character,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “And as anyone who’s seen her in ‘Game of Thrones’ can attest, she can throw down with the best of them, making her the perfect Colleen Wing.”

In “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” Daniel Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

"Marvel's Iron Fist" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

For more information on "Marvel's Iron Fist," and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com.
Marvel

No red hair. Casting fail. :o
(I kid, I kid).

I kind of hope that she gets her hair with red highlights instead of a full dye job.

Pretty good choice and I'm glad they are using Colleen Wing. Hope she does an American accent tho.

I hope they use more of the fun, well-rounded personality Colleen Wing that was presented in the old H4H books as opposed to more modern portrayals of Colleen as a silent, uber-serious character (which we see with many of Asian females in the media, including Agent May).

I wonder if her father Professor Lee Wing will appear on the show. And wasn't it revealed her mother was a member of the Hand in the books? Maybe Marvel will use that when it comes to the Defenders as a nice tie-in.

Do we have confirmation that Misty will be in Iron Fist yet?

Not sure. I think we are just assuming she will.

Will be curious to see if Wing ends up being a romantic love interest for Danny.

So, dangerous question here...
What kind of outfit would you guys like?

Traditional?
latest

Or tight one-piece suit with the zipper half open and pokies showing...?
latest

:gngl:

Last edited:
She'll get the costume in the last episode :o

Or the second option, but zipped up.

It'll probably be the first one. Easier to pull off in live action and fits the grounded tone they are going for. Though over time I think Marvel will give Misty and her their newer outfits.

The second one could just as easily fit the grounded universe since it's basically not much different from what Black Widow and Quake wear.

I imagine her V neck would not be that deep though for...obvious reasons.

Caught the news fri of jessica casting. Nice to see another cast mate added to the show. Also neat another game of thorns star. Marvel sure loves them just like doctor who lol. I hope she does well.

Perfect spot on casting Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijuW9lOoO8

^Great interview with Jessica Henwick on getting the role of Colleen and being a part of the Iron Fist show.

Some highlights:
  • She didn't know about Marvel's street-level characters until the Netfix shows were announced and started coming out, which is how she found out about Iron Fist and Luke Cage and the rest.
  • She started to look into the different kinds of properties Marvel was putting out. She heard about Iron Fist and proceeded to reseach his supporting cast to get a sense of who would be featured and what kinds of roles she could try out for. Found Colleen and thought "You can't do Iron Fist without Colleen Wing!"
  • She really wanted to audition for the part so she e-mailed her agent descriptions and character traits of Colleen Wing to look out for as she knew Marvel never releases the characters real names when it comes to the character breakdowns for casting.
  • She really wanted to play Colleen because there of how few Asian-American heroes in comics, and she views Colleen as one of the best.
  • Both Jessica and the panel hope that Colleen being on the show and Jessica getting the role will give Colleen a higher status and more permanent fixture in the comics (like Luke, Danny and Misty seem to have rather than disappearing for years)
  • She initially thought it was weird her and Finn would co-lead the same show after being together on Game of Thrones, but sees it as a positive, because that believable friendship chemistry will show on screen.

I'm impressed by how ambitious Jessica is. She looked into Marvel, researched and learned about the characters, carefully looked for and went after the part, AND landed the role. Talk about being a go-getter.

I'm impressed by how ambitious Jessica is. She looked into Marvel, researched and learned about the characters, carefully looked for and went after the part, AND landed the role. Talk about being a go-getter.

Yeah, that's pretty neat.

Last edited:
Good for her, she earned a spot! I say her current look is fine for Collen Wing.

looking forward to her appearing here and in the other shows. How much martial arts training did she have to go through?

Colleen Wing scene:

[YT]T7o0jJzKiqQ[/YT]

She's awesome! I dislike her in the books but loving the live version. I like that they got an Asian actress to play her despite her looking Caucasian in the books (I didnt even know she was half Japanese until a few years go)

I'm about halfway through the season and she's without doubt the best thing about this series. I kinda wish the show was centered around her because everyone else is on snooze mode.

She's the sole reason I continued to push through to the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"