Iron Fist Finn Jones IS Danny Rand / Iron Fist

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
iron-fist-finn-jones-slice-600x200.jpg

Marvel and Netflix are pleased to announce that Finn Jones (“Game of Thrones”) will star in “Marvel’s Iron Fist,” the newest series coming soon only to Netflix.

Jones will play Daniel Rand, who returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

“Danny Rand is a very complicated character. He’s a billionaire New York Buddhist monk martial arts superhero who’s still trying to figure out what exactly that all means,” said Executive Producer and showrunner, Scott Buck. “Finn is able to play all these levels in such an honest, revelatory way that as soon as I saw him I knew he was our Danny.”

“Finn wonderfully blends confidence with vulnerability, making him the perfect choice as he struggles to find his place in the world,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV, Jeph Loeb. “Now that we’ve found our Danny Rand, we’ve completed our principal cast for the upcoming Defenders on Netflix and we are thrilled to continue to show audiences unexplored corners of the Marvel Universe.”

Finn will next be seen in the upcoming season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” where he reprises his role of Ser Loras Tyrell. He is also known for his work on the British series “Hollyoaks” and “Hollyoaks Later.”

"Marvel's Iron Fist" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

For more information on "Marvel's Iron Fist," and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com.
Marvel

Original Post:

This is just breaking.

Marvel has found its newest superhero: Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones has landed the coveted series lead of Iron Fist.

Jones, who plays Ser Loras Tyrell on the HBO hit, will take on the role of the martial arts master, EW has learned.

Iron Fist is set to be the fourth Marvel and Netflix collaboration, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the forthcoming Luke Cage. Scott Buck (Dexter) has been tapped as showrunner.

Netflix and Marvel had no comment.
Entertainment Weekly
The Wrap

Last edited:
Half the Defenders are Brits!

I'm ok with the choice.

Marvel Netflix hasn't failed me yet with the casting choices.

Awesome to see EW and the Wrap picking it up now. Suhweeet

Awesome. I only know him from GOT, but he's good on that.

Good choice! Hopefully he can pull off Danny's sense of humor.

Last edited:
And the overly PC crowd are going nuts on Twitter. Go figure. :whatever:

I haven't watched GoT in ages so I don't have much point of reference for this guy. Hopefully this guy pulls off the role. I'm just glad someone has been cast and they're still moving onto the Iron Fist series.

No idea who this guy is. Will he look good with a dragon tattooed on his chest?

And the overly PC crowd are going nuts on Twitter. Go figure. :whatever:

SJW on Tumblr are going crazy as well.

Reminds me of when the SJW on Tumblr started saying they will boycott Doctor Strange because they cast a white actor in the role :loco:

The irony is these folks are just as bad as the people that get mad about Heimdall or Johnny Storm being played by black actors :whatever:

Why the f*** are people complaining about the Iron Fist actor being white? Even Collider commented: "it would have been nice to cast an Asian-American in the role instead of the whitest dude imaginable"

ANyway, don't know about the actor. Don't remember him from GoT (I dont remember most of the characters). Hope he does well

Great. Another white man playing a white character.

#Oscarssowhite

Reminds me when they cast Spider-Man and Nick Mundy commented: "Congrats to another boring white dude"

I mean, as a black person myself I find the whole thing just stupid.

Reminds me when they cast Spider-Man and Nick Mundy commented: "Congrats to another boring white dude"

I mean, as a black person myself I find the whole thing just stupid.

Username checks out. Haha.

It's just another case of news media feeling the need to have an opinion.

Maybe it's better if the Asian/Asian-American non-issue is kept within the thread dedicated to it. I wouldn't want to see this thread bogged down by something that just isn't worth considering, especially since he has been cast now. Just my thoughts.

I think Jones can pull it off he needs to get in shape

It'd be kind of interesting if they could swing him looking like he does early on in GoT
tumblr_mii97vSN3X1rlm8gco2_r2_250.gif

until he masters the Iron Fist, at which point he gets totally jacked.

I think Jones can pull it off he needs to get in shape

If Mike Colter was correct, I'm sure Jones has been cast for a while. He looks to be in better shape from his most recent pics.

He probably trained, the marvel training can give abs to anyone.

Wouldn't it have been arguably more racist to cast an Asian in the role of a kung-fu expert? I feel like that would've ruffled even more feathers.

Almost every guy that plays a Marvel superhero gets into shape. Even Rudd lost a bit of weight to play Ant-Man and his costume covers his entire body.

This was always going to be a lose/lose situation for Marvel. the character is great but at the same time very problematic.

My main issue has always been that tiresome trope of a white dude going into another culture, submerging himself in it, and somehow emerging as the best that culture has to offer. Its the same reason why The Last Samurai was such a face-palmer for a lot of people despite the movie being pretty solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"