Iron Fist Carrie Anne-Moss IS Jeri Hogarth

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Marvel’s Iron Fist,” coming soon to Netflix, just got some extra legal expertise with the addition of Carrie-Anne Moss to the cast!

Moss will reprise her role as lawyer Jeri Hogarth, first seen in “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” before also appearing in the Season 2 finale of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” to provide Danny Rand (Finn Jones) with help as he returns to New York. “Carrie-Anne has fast become a fan-favorite part of our street level saga, and we share our viewers’ excitement in bringing her into ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist,’” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “As Marvel fans know, Hogarth in the comics plays a critical role in the life of Danny Rand so it seems only fitting that Carrie-Anne join in.”

“Danny Rand lives in the highest stratosphere of New York’s business society and he’s going to need a ruthless lawyer to help him navigate this alien world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “I’m very happy to have the opportunity to bring Carrie-Ann Moss as Jeri Hogarth into ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist"

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26205/car...iginal_series_marvels_iron_fist#ixzz49EKuxFNr

She wasn't really like her comic counterpart personality-wise, but it's still nice to see her return for Iron Fist.

I'm pretty sure all of us expected it anyway. Wonder if Foggy will make an appearance?

She wasn't really like her comic counterpart personality-wise, but it's still nice to see her return for Iron Fist.

I'm pretty sure all of us expected it anyway. Wonder if Foggy will make an appearance?

What's Hogarth's personality in the comics?

Hogarth always came off like a weaselly lawyer type to me. Not a malicious type, but very much a lawyer type.

Hogarth always came off like a weaselly lawyer type to me. Not a malicious type, but very much a lawyer type.

He definitely a lawyer type, but he was far less colder and ruthless than Jeri. If you look back at some of his older appearances he was very warm to Danny, Luke, Misty and Colleen.

Well he wouldn't have done the acts that female Jeri Hogarth did with Kilgrave.

Good for CAM.

I actually really disliked her side story in JJ though. Her performance wasn't bad, but it was too stoic for my liking.

He definitely a lawyer type, but he was far less colder and ruthless than Jeri. If you look back at some of his older appearances he was very warm to Danny, Luke, Misty and Colleen.

Yeah he's a weasel, but he's one of the good weasels. Hogarth was borderline sociopathic in Jessica Jones. She's always looking for an angle to capitalize off of something no matter who gets hurt.

Sounds like her appearance this year will be rather limited then. Oh well.

Sounds like her appearance this year will be rather limited then. Oh well.

Yeah, I expected her to have a pretty decent role in the show. Obviously not in every episode, but maybe about half of them.

Yeah I mean each season you can spot some characters who had a multiple episode arc.

Like season 2 of Daredevil you had Claire Temple and you had the crook who came to him for help, and the DA subplot.

This is just me totally spitballing here. But am I misreading Hogarth's plan at the end of Daredevil S2. Does she maybe want to try and go after legally representing costumed vigilantes?

So I thought, well what if she becomes a legal spokesperson for the Defenders and basically helps get them out of some sticky situation with authorities, government etc?

My other thought this could be a way to bring the Accords in. Perhaps there's an Accord element here, but Hogarth makes legal moves to protect them. IE in Civil War, Ross calls Hulk and Thor WMD's, but then Hogarth will say, "yeah but my team are still American citizens and human beings and they are still guaranteed due process, trial by jury, basic human rights, etc."

Now I highly doubt the show would take it that far, but I think that would be a perfect way to connect this with the rest of the larger Marvel universe, connect Hogarth to Iron Fist and the rest of the Defenders.

Yeah I mean each season you can spot some characters who had a multiple episode arc.

Like season 2 of Daredevil you had Claire Temple and you had the crook who came to him for help, and the DA subplot.

This is just me totally spitballing here. But am I misreading Hogarth's plan at the end of Daredevil S2. Does she maybe want to try and go after legally representing costumed vigilantes?

So I thought, well what if she becomes a legal spokesperson for the Defenders and basically helps get them out of some sticky situation with authorities, government etc?

My other thought this could be a way to bring the Accords in. Perhaps there's an Accord element here, but Hogarth makes legal moves to protect them. IE in Civil War, Ross calls Hulk and Thor WMD's, but then Hogarth will say, "yeah but my team are still American citizens and human beings and they are still guaranteed due process, trial by jury, basic human rights, etc."

Now I highly doubt the show would take it that far, but I think that would be a perfect way to connect this with the rest of the larger Marvel universe, connect Hogarth to Iron Fist and the rest of the Defenders.

In the press release, it says she'll help Danny with his transition back to NY. Perhaps that's her story line or arc.

So it seems she will be in more than one episode at least?

She's an Iron Fist character of course she'll b in a fair amount of episodes.

Worrying about nothing

She's an Iron Fist character of course she'll b in a fair amount of episodes.

Worrying about nothing

Because of this.

"I think it really comes down to obviously the creator, but also the lead character has to hold so much," she said. "With us, Krysten was that person, and she embodied that character. To be watching Finn Jones was just fascinating, because I'm watching it unfold. They're finding their way, and I'm watching it unfold, but I'm not in it. I'm kind of watching it, because I'm not a regular. It's interesting."

I mean, she's not typically a Jessica Jones character, but she was a regular in that show.

Last edited:
Could simply be that she doesn't appear in every episode, because there are swaths which don't involve legal counsel amidst the kung fu fights. That would downgrade the role from "regular" to "recurring".

Well just saying, she's an Iron Fist character, but she's a regular on Jessica Jones but not on Iron Fist. It's a bit semantical but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"