Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x07 - "Chaos Theory" - Discussion Thread

Is anyone else a bit disapointed that the reason lash was killing inhumans was due to instinct? Think they missed an oportunity there.

It's mostly the royal family that's into that stuff. :o

(There's been more, er, genetic diversity with these modern Inhumans)

yeah get a bit of a banjo playing deliverance music vibe when ever i see royals in the real world. never got the fascination.

glad marvel is going for a bit more er diversity, no harm in it.

Is anyone else a bit disapointed that the reason lash was killing inhumans was due to instinct? Think they missed an oportunity there.

was it instinct associated with the charge or more an insane not dealing with my world changing prejudice. His job was to assess and judge people who where gifted in his life as andrew, basicly thats what he kept on doing as lash, though in a homicidal way. By his own rules he should have had someone evaluating him but he never turned himself in and allow himself become the subject.

Dwight presumably would have had his family line in the book as well. When I say they're not as inbred as the royal family it's because the modern Inhuman stuff brought way more latent Inhuman characters in. Back when the Inhumans were mostly a small side thing at Marvel we got Medusa shacking up with her "distant" cousin Black Bolt. Now THOSE Inhumans... yeah, not a whole lot of options, I suppose.
If someone related to Dwight were in the book, that would take a ton of geneology tracing finding Dwight.

He pretty much by large coincidence would've had to both been at afterlife in the past as well as by coincidence buying fish oil to turn. Also, even if he's in the book, how would Andrew locate him unless the book gave his exact whereabouts? (assuming he's in the book of course)

He still needed the e-mails Dwight sent out to find his targets for inhumans. Therefore, I can't see how Andrew could find Dwight even if by large coincidence he was in the book to begin the hunt.

I know it's a TV show but ALOT of coincidences one would have to connect together to grasp for an explanation. It seems this is a loose end that won't be tied up.

Last edited:
I'm loving that season three is filled will all kinds of awesomeness. The acting has reached a high level I didn't think possible for TV. It's not like it's been lacking for good performances in the past (Fitz and Simmons stuck under water for example) but this season has been filled with true tear jerking moments.

It reminds of a baseball comparison (something I'm sure Coulson would love)... it's like when one starting pitcher gets hot and gets on a roll. Soon, the entire starting staff feeds of of that and delivers better performances themselves. It's like a competition to keep up. I think the cast looks around and sees amazing stuff and they reach back for their best even subconsciously. Ming-Na Wen had to have been pushed by Elizabeth Henstridge's great solo effort and really brought the emotion last episode.

I hope it keeps up for the rest of the season!

was it instinct associated with the charge or more an insane not dealing with my world changing prejudice. His job was to assess and judge people who where gifted in his life as andrew, basicly thats what he kept on doing as lash, though in a homicidal way. By his own rules he should have had someone evaluating him but he never turned himself in and allow himself become the subject.

Even if that is the case they still missed an oportunity. He could have been working on behalf of another group of inhumans to kill the new ones and those associated with afterlife. Or he could have been recruiting worthy inhumans and killing the unworthy for some mystery purpose or something else that would have stretched his story. Now it seems over. Unless they try to bring him back (you just know the inhumans will get free somehow).

Even if that is the case they still missed an oportunity. He could have been working on behalf of another group of inhumans to kill the new ones and those associated with afterlife. Or he could have been recruiting worthy inhumans and killing the unworthy for some mystery purpose or something else that would have stretched his story. Now it seems over. Unless they try to bring him back (you just know the inhumans will get free somehow).

yeah i'd have liked to seen him as some sort of long term agent that infiltrated shield to evaluate gifted and spot any inhumans that came to shields attention but thats not the way they are taking it. Still early days, they might have more to do on it.

Eh, as long as Dwight was in the book (keep in mind they probably kept as many latent Inhumans as they could in the book, not just the ones they deemed worthy of Afterlife) it makes sense that Lash tracked him down. He tracked down Dwight due to his job. Dwight was necessary to get locations for Inhumans SHIELD hadn't located yet.

Given that Dwight's power is to visibly have an outbreak when near other Inhumans, maybe he just ran into him. Granted, maybe that's too big of a coincidence, but it's certainly something I could see.

It seems that he has an urge to kill inhumans, but rationalizes it as separating the good from the bad, and killing only the bad - which means nearly all of them, in his mind. But he fails to realize how evil he is, so he does not commit suicide as a means of killing a bad inhuman.

He needs Captain Kirk to set him upon that path of self destructing logic.

There was a lot of great action in this episode. Daisy using her powers to save Rosalind was fantastic. The fight scenes with Lash were fun, and Lash looked quite scary in a number of scenes. It was also neat to learn how Andrew became Lash and how he developed his motivations/instincts to hunt other Inhumans.

May had some great emotional scenes as she struggled to get through to Andrew and struggled to make herself take action to stop him despite her love for him and the man he used to be. It's going to be interesting to see whether they might be able to somehow stop Andrew's transformation into Lash. It's safe to say that even though Andrew/Lash is now contained, we haven't heard the last from him.

The problem is that:

-Andrew/Lash is clearly mentally unbalanced, so he's not exactly the most trustworthy person right now.

-He apparently was killing off MOST of the people in that ledger/Lincoln's friends. And I simply don't believe that ALL of them were "dark" or dangerous. And he was going to kill Joey, who seems to be neither of those things either.

No, I feel like it's probably just Lash's base instincts/bloodlust taking over, and the Andrew side desperately trying to rationalize it somehow.

I agree. Andrew seems to be trying to rationalize the bloodlust of Lash with pseudo-logical excuses, while Lash himself seems to want to kill other Inhumans because he wants to be at the top of the food chain, so to speak, by killing off potential competitors among Inhumans (this would explain why his instincts tell him to kill certain Inhumans). The Andrew half of his personality may be preventing Lash from killing Daisy, because Andrew cares for Daisy, but we have no idea how long Andrew's personality will be able to act as a check on Lash's personality.

I thought this was a really good episode. Fitz, Mae, and Andrew all put in great performances and Mae, especially, was very vulnerable. A side we don't get to see much of with her. She planned to kill him like with the little girl.

I like that the show isn't holding back revealing things that would normally be dragged out in these types of scenarios. Can't wait for next week.

No, he is killing for a reason, its going to be a twist by midseason finale!!!

Guys, about this Ep. When Roz tells Coulson to go have breakfast, is she talking about the cafe featured in the Netflix shows?

What cafe? I remember a bar in Daredevil, but not a cafe. Were they even in New York?

Wow, what an episode, best of the season so far, Lash was good again and I certainly don't think we have seen the last of him.

The Rosalind twist was good but surely there in more to it, plus Daisy saved her life so she owes her and the team. I totally forget Powers Boothe was in The Avengers so he must be playing the same character surely? This season has been great so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"