Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x07 - "Chaos Theory" - Discussion Thread

One question
Where is "the book" now?
That seems like something Daisy should have to build her team.

Excellent episode. Loved it.

I kept expecting Fits to see something in the phone photos and videos that Gemma just didn't notice. Something more than the logo connection he already made, I mean.
Maybe he still will. There's no way he's already seen everything she recorded for 6 months.

Excellent episode. Loved it.

I kept expecting Fits to see something in the phone photos and videos that Gemma just didn't notice. Something more than the logo connection he already made, I mean.
Maybe he still will. There's no way he's already seen everything she recorded for 6 months.
She didn't record the whole 6 months. That was the whole thing about the last message he watched, that she was deciding it would be best to conserve battery power and not make any more recordings - but that she would still talk to him even if it wasn't being recorded

Well I know she wasn't constantly recording...
So you think Fitz has already thing everything there was to see?

Keeping with that MCU name trend.

"I don't know what you've got inside you already. The mix could be an Abomination."

"You wanna be the War Machine, take your shot."

Finally Andrew got something interesting to do. That guy has been boring as hell. I feel about him like other people felt about Season 1 Ward.

Lincoln still sucks. Rosalind is pretty cool. Fitz continues to bring his A game.

That's all I got.

Wait is Powers Boothe supposed to be playing the same dude he played in Avengers? I totally forgot he was on the World Security Council. That makes things a lot more interesting.

I don't think Rosalind knows he's Hydra though.

Same dude, it seems. I think it's starting to set a Civil War tie-in up, actually...

There's no reason to think that it isn't the same character.

He seems to have a bigger plan that just the same old Hydra vs SHIELD feud.
This happens just as Fitz discovers that there is some other mysterious group who has been messing with the monolith for a long, long time. And at the same time that Rosalind shows up as part of a new group.

My guess is that there has ALWAYS been a group above and beyond the Hydra/SHIELD dynamic...whose members were placed inside those groups to keep tabs (so, Malick was placed in the World Security Council, but possibly NOT Hydra...which is why his name wouldn't be outed as part of the leak).

Personally, I've thought that the show was leading to Zodiac ever since Agent Blake (I think) randomly asked May what her sign is. Agent Carter set up Leviathan, which is a part of the story as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Malick is wanting to recruit Coulson to bring SHIELD back under Zodiac authority...maybe Blake is in on it (we haven't seen him since Deathlok injured, but did not kill, him). You could say that Whitehall was a member and that maybe Malick is trying to talk Ward into bringing Hydra back under Zodiac authority as well.

If you really want to reach...the Zodiac Key could teleport people to its home planet (though otherwise the monolith isn't anything like the key).

Ignore all of this...there's no reason to think it has any truth to it.

If Malick is really Hydra, he shouldn't be comfortable as part of a large, legitimate organization. He should be on the run from the Avengers. I really don't want that to be the case because it seems like a plot hole for his name to have not leaked along with everyone else's.

It seems to me like he is part of an organization who knows the ins and outs of the power players in the world (but maybe doesn't know that Fury is alive) and basically manipulates the groups who seek to manipulate the world. It's stupid for me to hang an entire theory on the fact that Blake randomly asked if Agent May was a Scorpio back in season 1...but that line stuck out to me...so I'm hanging on for awhile longer.

Powers Boothe conveniently/tellingly wasn't in TWS (he was replaced by Alexander Pierce on the WSC). So I hope that the show explains that at some point. Maybe he was able to cover his tracks that well.

One question
Where is "the book" now?
That seems like something Daisy should have to build her team.

Well, Lincoln said that everyone is dead or missing so the book probably isn't much use anymore.

Well, Lincoln said that everyone is dead or missing so the book probably isn't much use anymore.

Everyone he knew, I think, there may be more people in the book that he's not aware of, already enhanced or not.

was lash trying to kill all InHumans or just those (he) felt was unworthy?

Wait is Powers Boothe supposed to be playing the same dude he played in Avengers?

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

was lash trying to kill all InHumans or just those (he) felt was unworthy?
It seems that he has an urge to kill inhumans, but rationalizes it as separating the good from the bad, and killing only the bad - which means nearly all of them, in his mind. But he fails to realize how evil he is, so he does not commit suicide as a means of killing a bad inhuman.

There was no indication that the couple who Andrew/Lash killed from like two episodes ago were "dangerous", though. He probably viewed them as a "threat", however, and it's his darker urges egging him on.

There was no indication that the couple who Andrew/Lash killed from like two episodes ago were "dangerous", though. He probably viewed them as a "threat", however, and it's his darker urges egging him on.

He killed what he thought were the "bad ones". How he came to the conclusion someone was bad or not, only he knows. That's IF he even thought about it that much, he's going crazy.
Which is ironic, considering he's a shrink :hehe:

I wonder what Lincoln's dark side is all about?

I think that the character has a secondary power that causes everyone to hate him, aside from those who are actually in the same room as him. Or at least...that seems to be the affect on viewers.

Okay, I'm going to have to watch again but where did that Book with the Terrigin mist Andrew have come from and why did he have it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"