Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 20 "Nothing Personal"

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
6wnmmVj.jpg

Just when there's no one left to trust, Agent Maria Hill returns to team up with Coulson as S.H.I.E.L.D. is being destroyed around them.

Guest Starring: J. August Richards as Mike/Deathlok, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, Adrian Pasdar as Colonel Glenn Talbot, B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett and Josh Breeding as parking attendant

Director: Billy Gierhart
Writer: Paul Zbyszewski & DJ Doyle
Original Air Date: April 29, 2014

Gallery

Promo

Clip #1

Clip #2

Last edited:
i feel as if i'm missing something. :shrugs:

Googam was a parking attendant at the Baxter Building at one time, as is mentioned on his Wikipedia page.

In other news, why the **** does Googam have a Wikipedia page?

(BTW, I ran a search on "Marvel parking attendant" and Googam came up, hence the "Googam confirmed")

Googam was a parking attendant at the Baxter Building at one time, as is mentioned on his Wikipedia page.

In other news, why the **** does Googam have a Wikipedia page?

(BTW, I ran a search on "Marvel parking attendant" and Googam came up, hence the "Googam confirmed")

got it. but now i'm disappointed. when you mentioned Googam, i thought that might allow for an introduction to pym particles.

Does anyone know if Paxton will be in this one, given that he previously said "nothing personal"?

No he won't be in this one.

So JAR is listed as "Mike/Deathlok" in Ep. 20, and just "Mike" in Ep. 21.

Interesting.
Sounds like somebody frees the slaves. ;)

So who does Hill work for now? TWS implied that she had gone private and joined Tony Stark's security, but here we see her in civvies guiding Talbot's soldiers to Coulson in the Canadian safehouse. Is she a civilian defense contractor? I thought Stark Industries had gotten out of the weapons and military business entirely....if she works for Tony, would he really sanction her helping the US military on an op? Especially if that op turned out to be a manhunt for "His Name Was Phil" Coulson, of all people....???

So who does Hill work for now? TWS implied that she had gone private and joined Tony Stark's security, but here we see her in civvies guiding Talbot's soldiers to Coulson in the Canadian safehouse. Is she a civilian defense contractor? I thought Stark Industries had gotten out of the weapons and military business entirely....if she works for Tony, would he really sanction her helping the US military on an op? Especially if that op turned out to be a manhunt for "His Name Was Phil" Coulson, of all people....???
Probably was asked by the US military to help track down whatever assets are left of SHIELD.

Probably was asked by the US military to help track down whatever assets are left of SHIELD.

That would be an impressive feat for Hill, considering that "Providence" is off the books and the only way that even Coulson found out about it was by being fed the coordinates by Fury himself.

Maybe it's just that Fury sent her to go check up on him. As a favor, not an order.

Stark does still have his military ties in Rhodey.

Stark does still have his military ties in Rhodey.

And Rhodey would make a helluva lot of sense in this episode instead of Hill.

Oh well, it still works; but Rhodey would've been better.

If Rhodey had been in this episode, would it have been the first time he's met Coulson? I don't recall them ever meeting.

Its possible this is before she goes to work for Stark.

For some reason, HYDRA never saw Hill as a threat until she took down one of the HYDRA guards that captured Cap, Romanoff and Falcon. Pierce and Company saw that Fury was a threat as were Romanoff and Cap. But they never saw Hill as any sort of threat.

Hill was Fury's second in command and protégé when he ran SHIELD. It makes sense to me that she'd probably know stuff about him and his secrets that no one else does. Or she'd at least know how to find out about said secrets if she felt it necessary.

I don't get why any of you think Hill needed any connections to do what we see in the preview. In all likelihood, May contacted Hill to try and convince Coulson to end his little crusade. Hill, perhaps in a nod to her more "severe" methods from the comics, decides the best way to do that is to give his location away to Talbot. I'm sure she did so in exchange for Coulson and his team avoiding charges (which I doubt Talbot will have much regard for). It's doubtful Hill was leading Talbot's team; she was likely just there to ensure there was no bloodshed. So I'm sure whatever she's doing for a job has little to do with why she's there.

I'm excited to see that conflict. It's obvious Coulson doesn't agree with Cap's assessment that SHIELD was beyond saving, and seeing as how Hill was the first person to agree with Cap's plan in the first place, she seems like the perfect surrogate to have that debate with Coulson. Considering I disagreed with Cap's view on SHIELD being beyond saving, I've been happy to see Coulson's dissenting view, and am kind of hoping he convinces Hill of that too.

Last edited:

Its possible this is before she goes to work for Stark.
I agree with Steyin, we don't know how long after the fall of the Triskelion the montage of Hill at Stark Ind., Agent 13 at the CIA, even the hearing that Widow is at, etc... is. It could be several weeks or even a couple months later. In the show, we're still only days - maybe a week or so - after HYDRA's coming out party. So this upcoming episode could be before she goes to Stark (who knows, maybe we'll find out there's a specific reason she decides to go hang out with Stark?)

Believe me if Rhodes were to show up, there would be no need for so many troops, he could handle the safe house by himself, which makes me wonder where he was during all this, he is still Air Force, as is Talbot, during TWS where was the Military, Rhodes would have been sent in first, just wondering out load mostly.

Believe me if Rhodes were to show up, there would be no need for so many troops, he could handle the safe house by himself, which makes me wonder where he was during all this, he is still Air Force, as is Talbot, during TWS where was the Military, Rhodes would have been sent in first, just wondering out load mostly.

The issue there would be whether or not the show's budget would allow him to suit up. If he showed up, he would look like this:

468px-Rhodey-im2.jpg

Instead of this:

Iron-Patriot.jpg

And it would require military backup.

And Rhodey would make a helluva lot of sense in this episode instead of Hill.

Oh well, it still works; but Rhodey would've been better.

how can we know what would be better? we haven't seen the show yet

If they had announced Don Cheadle as James Rhodes instead of Adrian Pasdar as Colonel Talbot, it would most likely have been Rhodey in his military outfit or even civilian clothes.

Guest Starring: J. August Richards as Mike/Deathlok, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, Adrian Pasdar as Colonel Glenn Talbot, B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett and Josh Breeding as parking attendant

Frying man!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"