Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 20 "Nothing Personal"

Overall a really good episode and Skye was on fire.
Such great acting from her. She was simply phenomenal.
Can't wait til the next week ;)

I just loved Coulson's replay after seeing the video... Huh? in a totally "isnt that interesting" sense... completely flabbergasted and playing it off...

I thought it was an in joke to the way Malcom Reynolds reacted to finding River on FIREFLY.

Look at the sequence of events.

When Mike threatens Ward, and Skye caves in she gives them the location - being that it's altitude, but she says first she has to put in a password and then when the altitude is reached, it starts the hack.

Now ask yourself when would she have had time to put a surprise on the hard-drive? She wouldn't have. Unless she already had a fail-safe in place. When she "put in the password to start the hack" she really entered the fail-safe whatever that is.

So now let's back up. She contemplates letting Ward die, but she's probably expecting to die herself once she gives them the password. She knows Ward is psycho, but he seems to be a psycho who's obsessed with her, so if he stays alive, her chances of staying alive also go up.

In that moment she makes the decision to put in the password that loads the "surprise", figuring that they'll think she behaved predictably and gave in to their ploy. She may still die anyway, but it gives the team more time to track her down.

She would much rather save the hard drive copy for the team, but at least this way either the bad guys don't get everything they want, or else something triggers that will lead the team to them.

And now I just remembered - earlier in the episode before they land the plane in LA, the device looks like it's going to start being decrypted - I guess because the plane reaches altitude - and Skye surreptitiously unplugs it from the laptop. It could be she set up the fail-safe right then.

She could have put the failsafe in place when at the cafe, no?

The books don't count as reality in the tv show. While I think it could be interesting for a company to set movies, tv shows, video games etc all in the same continuity...in the case of Game of Thrones, the book did not "happen." So, when judging a character, you have to go with the tv show continuity...although it would be wrong to drastically alter the character from the source (it would be wrong to have a Jason Voorhees tv show where he is a hunky teen who dates a bunch of hotties, for instance).

I know that audiences have accepted all kinds of awful behavior from characters that turn good. Personally, I'm not sure that I could ever cheer for a character that knowingly attempting genocide in an effort to overthrow and enslave the world. I'm really not sure what it would take to make me accept that person as a hero. I've always been a bit of a stickler with characters maintaining their cores while evolving in more natural ways.

Jamie in the show was also against rape, he mentions it. Also, his motivations were all the same as well. Every horrible action he commits is connected to his love for his family and Cersei, so him harming her made absolutely zero sense. And the show has basically been acting as if nothing happened. I believe the show runners said they wanted it to appear that Cersei consents towards the end of the scene, but they didn't do a good job of displaying that, hence why so many were angered at the scene. Point being, it was out of character for Jamie in the show as well.

And who are you referring to with the attempted genocide? I'm a bit confused on that one...I don't think Ward has done that to my knowledge. But as far as a redemption arc goes, yeah I think it could be pulled off. I don't really care one way or the other if they try it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"