Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 20 "Nothing Personal"

Wouldn't it more likely that she saved Ward so she has some chance of pulling Mike from the brink?

He after all was the one who wounded Ward and up to this point appears to have been severely brainwashed so given he's had obvious chances to kill quite a lot of SHIELD Agents but hasn't (although I exclude Blake from that) and has seemingly chosen to leave them injured at least as far as I've seen Blake is the most seriously hurt barring that Italian shindig.

I originally thought Ward was a Clairvoyant agent and by that I mean not Garrett since it would make sense that this was done sometime after Eyespy since Coulson caught the Clairvoyant's attention but I don't know how long it would actually take for them to pull that off and noone realise they need to give all SHIELD Agents medical check ups for obvious replacement optical cybernetics...

So I can see him being imprisoned at the very least but I hope Amador makes a reappearance since she was locked up somewhere secure well was secure so we might have someone other than Fury wearing an eye patch hopefully!

You really just don't get it. It's not about what they deserve. It's about what we do. How we act. We don't become killers.

I don't give a flying **** if someone else kills Ward. Maybe Deatlok or Garrett tortures him and he dies an agonizing painful death, whatever, I won't cry about it. I just would refuse to be a part of it. I wouldn't have that blood on my hands.

Basically, I know this sounds incredibly trite and cliche, but... two wrongs don't make a right. My mom taught me that very, very early on, and it stuck. And then Batman taught me that again. Or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, murder is wrong. You don't make a point about how bad murder is by murdering.
exactly!

You really just don't get it. It's not about what they deserve. It's about what we do. How we act. We don't become killers.

I don't give a flying **** if someone else kills Ward. Maybe Deatlok or Garrett tortures him and he dies an agonizing painful death, whatever, I won't cry about it. I just would refuse to be a part of it. I wouldn't have that blood on my hands.

Basically, I know this sounds incredibly trite and cliche, but... two wrongs don't make a right. My mom taught me that very, very early on, and it stuck. And then Batman taught me that again. Or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, murder is wrong. You don't make a point about how bad murder is by murdering.

Great post! my thought exactly.,.,Ward will get punished for his crimes but its not up to Skye or any of the team to decide whether he dies or not..there are courts and trials to decide these things..

Yeah, AIM was basically invented/founded by Aldrich Killian in the MCU. They're a relatively new group (a decade or so old).

My hope is it'll be revealed that AIM was funded by the US government at the pushing of Senator Sterns. Then they'll reveal that, even if Killian was the main driver of the organization, that there are still others who were part of it left (that Extremis wasn't their only project). Really what I'm getting at is I still want MODOK on the show. ;)

Also, I do think Baron Von Strucker's research could also have been part of AIM as well (or an AIM splinter group if we want to deemphasize the connections to Killian).

A reminder to everyone -

You can discuss, debate, and argue points without being rude, offensive, or calling people names.

This is a thread about a TV show....while politics is of course involved with the plot...if you want to have extensive and comprehensive debates about politics, go to the political forum for it.

Hypothetically..... of course.......What if it were Ian Quinn writhing on the floor instead of Ward, would Skye behave the same?

Hypothetically..... of course.......What if it were Ian Quinn writhing on the floor instead of Ward, would Skye behave the same?

OOH, that's tough.

She could tell herself they were bluffing, let him suffer/die. She'd feel bad but get over it. Or she may decide to make them stop, but at the last second. Some emotions did factor into her decision to "save" Ward.

I like the idea that not letting Deathlok kill Ward was a factor in her decision, so Mike can be saved later.

afan, I understand how you feel. But Skye is not a trained assassin.

But Quinn did shoot the crap out of Skye so there is that.

OOH, that's tough.

She could tell herself they were bluffing, let him suffer/die. She'd feel bad but get over it. Or she may decide to make them stop, but at the last second. Some emotions did factor into her decision to "save" Ward.

I like the idea that not letting Deathlok kill Ward was a factor in her decision, so Mike can be saved later.

afan, I understand how you feel. But Skye is not a trained assassin.

nogolf....I agree she isn't.....just tryin' to see where the limit of the character's compassionate quality might lie.
I to like the idea that she is much more sympathetic to Mike's plight than Ward's, and by stopping the death of Ward she is also delaying Mike's progression to the dark side.

nogolf....I agree she isn't.....just tryin' to see where the limit of the character's compassionate quality might lie.
I to like the idea that she is much more sympathetic to Mike's plight than Ward's, and by stopping the death of Ward she is also delaying Mike's progression to the dark side.
This is a good and perfectly reasonable perspective as well.

Redeeming Mike makes more sense then Ward. Since Mike is not exactly involved in this on his own free will either. Mike reminds me of Teal'C from Stargate. Forced to do horrible things until he met Jack & co. Here Mike is being forced to do things or there are consequences just like with Teal'C

Last edited:
I think that's why Mike is being set up for redemption and possibly survive this whole ordeal while they're setting up Ward to die in the finally.

For me it also nicely mitigates Skye's character.......she's not Mother Teresa or a love sick torch carrier...she's a calculating tho caring(for Mike who is worthy of compassion)Agent of SHIELD!......especially so if she rigged the hard drive!!

Last edited:
Man, if they ever have a chance to train Skye at hand-to-hand she will be an amazing Agent.

Telling you right now we will find out that A.I.M was secretly backed by Baron Strucker and Hydra.

well I wouldn't think that Killian would be able to start up a shady organization like that without being, at least, approached by Hydra. Hydra's roots are in mad science, anyways.

Mike as Deathlok has already killed for Garrett though. Granted it was just some other bad guys who'd failed him, but still...

A reminder to everyone -

You can discuss, debate, and argue points without being rude, offensive, or calling people names.

This is a thread about a TV show....while politics is of course involved with the plot...if you want to have extensive and comprehensive debates about politics, go to the political forum for it.
amen

Skye has been trained in hand to hand combat. They've had a few scenes dedicated to it. If memory serves, she was too disinterested to really focus on doing it well. Plus, she is at a distinct disadvantage when her opponents will not only be generally stronger than her, with years more training, but they will be trying to kill her.

Skye has been trained in hand to hand combat. They've had a few scenes dedicated to it. If memory serves, she was too disinterested to really focus on doing it well. Plus, she is at a distinct disadvantage when her opponents will not only be generally stronger than her, with years more training, but they will be trying to kill her.
She would have benefited from going to the actual academy immensely.

That training was BS. It was equivalent to about the same amount of training I did in karate class.

As someone else already stated, Skye got a crash course from Ward while on the plane. She never went in-depth into any particular field, other than tech.

That training was also the bulk of the emotional scenes between her and Ward...and yet we are expected to believe that so much more happened when the cameras are off that they developed a connection. We should also expect that she learned more about shooting and fighting.

Here's how this would have played out if she let Ward die.
Garrett: "Good job Skye, you just let a man die in one of the most agonizingly painful way possible so that you could keep the information secret. Even a guy like me think's that that's cold. Luckily, we have other ways of getting the information out of you, and we will sooner or later. So congratulations, you just let someone die horribly for absolutely nothing. We'll still get what we want from you in due time."

To which Skye replies: "Then what the hell was the point in nonchalantly trying to kill your padawan? I mean, if you 'have vays off making me talk' anyway, then what does it profit you to kill off Ward, over you playing a miserable hunch? Wouldn't you be better served by letting Ward torture or seduce or whatever to get the information out of me? Good job, Garrett....you have to be the stupidest HYDRA agent on the face of the planet."

You don't make a point about how bad murder is by allowing a murderer to kill again, either; you just reinforce the point. That scenario happens time and again when societies place their faith in courts that have become weak-willed and corrupt; that scenario never happens when the murderer is six feet under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"