Alberta Shoot = Fortress of Solitude Action?

That's a beautiful location for smallville, it almost makes me want to see them do another origin story. And for the fortress of solitude, you guys are thinking of this kind of style, right?

Fortress2.gif

I tried to find alex ross's version, but couldn't, and my scanner isn't big enough for the absolute version. This is close enough though.

I never understood why they ( in the comics) just didnt have him build the FOS underground somewhere, like in the sahara, or under the atlantic, etc etc.. I mean he is Superman, so carving out a massive underground cavern would be a snap.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful location for smallville, it almost makes me want to see them do another origin story. And for the fortress of solitude, you guys are thinking of this kind of style, right?

Fortress2.gif

I tried to find alex ross's version, but couldn't, and my scanner isn't big enough for the absolute version. This is close enough though.

Classic FOS is 100% the way to go. I want the key, the statues of Jor-El and Lara holding the globe of Krypton, Kandor, the weapons collection, and the intergalactic zoo, the labs, the robots, all of it. Maybe not in the first movie if it's an origin/begins movie, but I want the classics. Superman should be larger than life.

i find the giant key corny. when i was a kid i thought it was a cool idea but its just corny now.

i find the giant key corny. when i was a kid i thought it was a cool idea but its just corny now.
I know, seen from any planes flying overhead it says ''this way to something secret and fantastic'', not to mention all the satellites in orbit that could spot it.

Fortress2.gif

You know, that wasn't actually the first Fortress.

01_citadel.jpg

Back in the golden age Superman had this thing right outside of Metropolis. Though with both this and the Fortress, I have to wonder how he expects it to remain a secret if he has a giant door with an S or an over sized key right outside it. If he really wanted it to be secret the entrance would be way below the ice in a spot where only he could get to.

He wouldnt need a key. Just make the door weigh several thousand tons..problem solved.

I know, seen from any planes flying overhead it says ''this way to something secret and fantastic''.

The silver age explanation was that people would think it was an aircraft path marker. Which is stupid in retrospect, as anyone who knew that they should be looking in the arctic would obviously follow the giant yellow arrow pointing at a mountain that could contain a fortress, and if they were on the ground they would look up and see the giant door that the arrow is pointing at. But hey, silver age. We don't gotta explain nothin' yo.

The silver age explanation was that people would think it was an aircraft path marker. Which is stupid in retrospect, as anyone who knew that they should be looking in the arctic would obviously follow the giant yellow arrow pointing at a mountain that could contain a fortress, and if they were on the ground they would look up and see the giant door that the arrow is pointing at. But hey, silver age. We don't gotta explain nothin' yo.
I remember something like that..To me, it would make more sense to have a massive door that no one but him could move, or either have the fortress deep underground or at the bottom of the atlantic ocean.

If they are indeed looking at Alberta, it would most likely be for the Kent Farm and other related scenes. The irony of it all is that Superman: The Movie shot the Smallville scenes in Alberta.

Kent Farm
Cemetery Scene
High School Scene

I believe Superman 3 also returned to various locations in Alberta to represent Smallville.

if they indeed shooting scenes for Smallville in Alberta, hopefully it's a good omen.

Fortress2.gif

Do you mean the one he did for "Justice" with Doug Braithwaite?

scan0008.jpg

scan0007.jpg

Maybe they're knocking out two birds with one stone and using it for both Smallville (which according to the 'leaked' production timeline WILL be in the movie in Clark's younger days) AND for the Fortress. As for the Fortress itself I would like something like in All-Star, It's inside a mountain, but crystalline inside.

Why can't I upload pictures :(

Last edited:
If they are indeed looking at Alberta, it would most likely be for the Kent Farm and other related scenes. The irony of it all is that Superman: The Movie shot the Smallville scenes in Alberta.

Kent Farm
Cemetery Scene
High School Scene

I believe Superman 3 also returned to various locations in Alberta to represent Smallville.

Superman:TM shot about an hour out of Calgary for the Smallville scenes and the Luther scenes of stealing the rockets was filmed in the Rockies.

Superman 3 used Calgary as a fill in for Metroplois (Superman gets drunk at the "St. Louis" an old Calgary tavern). High River - just south of Calgary fills in for Smallville in 3...

http://supermancinema.co.uk/special_features/locations/alberta/alberta_page_3.htm

Maybe they're knocking out two birds with one stone and using it for both Smallville (which according to the 'leaked' production timeline WILL be in the movie in Clark's younger days) AND for the Fortress. As for the Fortress itself I would like something like in All-Star, It's inside a mountain, but crystalline inside.

Why can't I upload pictures :(

Save the picture to imageshack, then type

Ah, well thank you very much I was trying how to upload straight from my own documents. Anyway, like I was saying, if there was to be a crystalline fortress, I think it should be inside a mountain like in All-Star, but crystalline inside, so I got these pictures of real crystalline caves:

article108107202441a960.jpg

giantcrystalcave8.jpg

crystalcave1.jpg

p

I wonder if they'll show....

hey Snyder did great with Manhattan's fortress in watchmen that looekd beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"