Fortress of Solitude

acedrake

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that the events of the movie have passed, where is superman going to go to get a couple of hours of R&R? He has no Kryptonian tech left and nothing to build a fortress with. Any toughs?

He can always do what he did in STAS and just convert a cave in the arctic

It's that ship, no?

Question is...does he keep that skeleton around?

Ah...I forgot somehow. When did it happen again?

Superman flew into it while Zod was piloting it. Zod said "if you destroy this ship you destroy Krypton!" Superman replies "Krypton had its chance!!" And then he hit it with heat vision and it crashed....

Superman flew into it while Zod was piloting it. Zod said "if you destroy this ship you destroy Krypton!" Superman replies "Krypton had its chance!!" And then he hit it with heat vision and it crashed....

Ah...that was that ship? I thought it was one of the ones from earlier. Strange. Gracias.

There's a lot of ships to keep up with. I found it confusing, luckily this thread exists.

Well, it's possible that Supes could save some of the wreckage and put it in an arctic cave. The wreckage of the World Engine is still pretty huge, and Kara's ship was not absorbed by the dimensional singularity. And now that Clark knows there are other colonies somewhere out there. Maybe he can find one.

I was really confused about the ship as well. I saw it a second time earlier today and it seemed obvious to me that Zod had overtaken the old scout ship the Arctic, but I didn't pick that up when I first saw it this weekend.

It's possible that the keycode thing with the S shield (sorry, don't know what it's called) could have survived the explosion. Or, he might be able to build something from the wreckage left from the various Kryptonian ships.

Well, it's possible that Supes could save some of the wreckage and put it in an arctic cave. The wreckage of the World Engine is still pretty huge, and Kara's ship was not absorbed by the dimensional singularity. And now that Clark knows there are other colonies somewhere out there. Maybe he can find one.

Kara's ship was the one that crashed after Superman destroyed it...

Zod had his own ship that had lots of smaller ships fly out of it.

There was another ancient Kryptonian scout ship that was buried in the ice for 20000 years and we see Clark fly off in it and land it somewhere. It seemed to me that this becomes the Fortress. It also had some pods inside with one missing body. The writers in an interview somewhere hinted this may lead to something.

Kal-El.9859 said this was the ship that Zod was somehow flying at the end that got taken out by Superman. If that's the case, somehow I don't remember Zod getting that ship from the North Pole or wherever. I only saw the movie once, so I may have missed it.

Didn't he tell the Army after he destroyed their drone not to look for his cave?

That's what I'm saying. Zod never got that scout ship. It's still sitting on the North Pole. He was in his own ship(s). I could be wrong tho.

That's what I thought too.

Anyone have a definite answer on this?

I watched the film again last night. The scout ship is destroyed when Superman flies into it and tears it apart with his heat vision. Zod pleads for him to not do so because the scout ship has the genesis chamber and is his only chance of rebuilding a new Krypton but Superman doesn't listen and destroys it.

There is no alien tech left.

I watched the film again last night. The scout ship is destroyed when Superman flies into it and tears it apart with his heat vision. Zod pleads for him to not do so because the scout ship has the genesis chamber and is his only chance of rebuilding a new Krypton but Superman doesn't listen and destroys it.

There is no alien tech left.

If this is the one that Clark got his suit (I guess it was in the USB key) from in the North Pole, when did Zod get that ship?

If this is the one that Clark got his suit (I guess it was in the USB key) from in the North Pole, when did Zod get that ship?

Zod got the ship when he said to Faora (I think it was her or maybe someone else) he has an old friend he needs to visit (referring to AI Jor-El). Then he gets dropped off there.

Zod got the ship when he said to Faora (I think it was her or maybe someone else) he has an old friend he needs to visit (referring to AI Jor-El). Then he gets dropped off there.

Aaaahhhhh......:up:

For some reason I remember it being one of the sips he already had with him.

Zod took the little pod ship down to the Scout ship which contained the Genesis Chamber which was parked somewhere either in the Artic or Antarctica (remember Clark moved it to another location). Zod left his little ship there and used his own key to override Jor-Els program in the Scout ship and took off. Also, remember Lois used the El Key to activate the ship in the C-17. That all disappeared (key and all) in the singularity when the plane crashed into Zods ship. But hey, who's to say that Jor-El didn't construct her another key for Superman (to use in the future) as he explained to her (which we didn't see) how to defeat Zod and crew before he put her in the pod to escape while in orbit. Or who's to say that when Clark initially met Jor-El for the first time that he didn't provide Clark with extra keys or something else to create a Fortress of Solitude. Guess we have to wait for the sequel.

Last edited:
So wait...those 'baby-pods' that Zod was staring at...I thought for some reason it was a projection of things to come on some big computer screen. It was an actual chamber of larval Kryptonians?

And Supes destroyed it?

Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"