Alex Proyas to Direct Paradise Lost

I like Belle, but Eve is supposed to be a blonde, and even though you can colour Belle's hair, she has such a strong brunette look to her, she may look weird as a blonde. That's of course if they even make her blonde like the book, they may not.

Her hair color won't affect her character. And if they do change it from blond, it might be to give it a more fact based look, since the cradle of civilization isn't really known for its blond haired, blue eyed denizens...

Dominic Purcell Cast In Paradise Lost
Legendary Pictures is producing the action-oriented take on John Milton's epic poem about the war between angels in heaven. Purcell has been cast as Jerahmeel, an angel who falls in with Lucifer and ultimately becomes the Dark One's right-hand man as the renamed Moloch.
Repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment, Purcell most recently appeared in Straw Dogs and Killer Elite. The actor has just wrapped filming on Vikingdom and has Bad Karma and Officer Down forthcoming. He was also one of the stars of the Fox series Prison

Diego Boneta and Camilla Belle were officialized as Adam and Eve.

Awesome, this will be a big cast, wonder who else will get cast?

Sam Reid (Anonymous) is playing the Archangel Raphael.

anonymous-20.jpg

An interview with Callan McAuliffe...

http://collider.com/callan-mcauliffe-great-gatsby-paradise-lost-interview/128230/

What is Paradise Lost about and how does the character that you’re playing fit into the story?

McAULIFFE: Paradise Lost is based on the [John] Milton classic about the war in Heaven, and it’s all about the creation of the world, and then Satan’s rise to evil and how he gets corrupted. There are all these huge, enormous battles and lots of things killing each other. I play archangel Uriel, who is the youngest of the seven original archangels. I’ve already started sword fighting, ballet and martial arts, but I don’t think I shoot that until January. We’re well into rehearsals now.

When you approach a role like that, do you do any research for it, or do you just go with what’s in the script and the original story?

McAULIFFE: I usually turn to the director and see what he wants from the role and the character. If I was looking up archangel Uriel on Wikipedia, and then decided to base my acting off that, it might turn out a bit too classic. I don’t think it would suit [director Alex Proyas’] vision. So, what I tend to do is research a little bit and figure out what the character is about, and the script usually provides that background and insight, and then I end up just talking to the director about it and seeing what he wants to do. It’s rather spontaneous on set.

With such a varied cast of actors in that film, is there anyone that you’re most looking forward to getting to work with on set?

McAULIFFE: I’ve actually been working with Djimon Hounsou, from Gladiator and Blood Diamond. He is one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, and I’m really looking forward to working with him. He plays archangel Abdiel. He’s a really cool guy. We’ve been doing sword training, ballet and martial arts together.

Do you enjoy doing that kind of physical work?

McAULIFFE: Of course. As a teenage boy, part of the reason to be in an action movie is so that I could do explosions and wirework and sword fighting. It’s definitely going to be a fun experience for me. Already in the training, I can see it’s going to be great because we’re working with sword fighting masters and martial arts trainers.

This could either be really, really great or it could be Immortals: Biblical Edition.

Her hair color won't affect her character. And if they do change it from blond, it might be to give it a more fact based look, since the cradle of civilization isn't really known for its blond haired, blue eyed denizens...

Who's the woman in your avvy?

Couldn't tell ya. It's just a random model from a steam punk site I found.

I like Belle, but Eve is supposed to be a blonde, and even though you can colour Belle's hair, she has such a strong brunette look to her, she may look weird as a blonde. That's of course if they even make her blonde like the book, they may not.

If I'm not mistaken, Belle is half-Brazillian which explains her exotic Latin features.

http://collider.com/paradise-lost-production-delay/132084/

Legendary Delays Production on PARADISE LOST to Reduce Budget

by Brendan Bettinger [SIZE=-2]Posted: December 12th, 2011 at 8:53 pm[/SIZE]

paradise-lost-concept-art-lucifer-image-slice-01.jpg
We were just starting to get excited about Paradise Lost. Neat concept art. A solid cast in Benjamin Walker, Bradley Cooper, Casey Affleck, and Dijmon Hounsou. A great pitch from director Alex Proyas:
“It’s not just armies battling in an epic war. This is an adventure about the origins of good and evil after Lucifer’s rebellion gets him cast out of Heaven and leads to a struggle with his brother archangel over the soul of mankind, starting with Adam and Eve.”
Alas, we must wait to see the adaptation of John Milton’s classic work come to fruition. It was announced tonight that Legendary Pictures is putting plans for a January start date on hold, because all the cool elements of this project add up to too much money. Details after the jump.

Deadline hears that the project is not cancelled, just delayed. Legendary’s Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, and producer Vincent Newman are looking at the budget now to see where they can cut 10-15% from an estimate that creeped past $120 million. Legendary hired crews to shoot in Australia next month, so the move comes as a big surprise. That said, this isn’t the first time this year a production company has second-guessed its commitment to a big budget film. Disney briefly put The Lone Ranger on ice, before bringing it back with a reduced budget. And Universal passed on the ambitious adaptation of The Dark Tower, though producer Brian Grazer promises it will see the light of day. Sadly, At the Mountains of Madness is dead.

So while it won’t be easy, Legendary should be able to get Paradise Lost back on track. Deadline suggests production could be rescheduled as early as next summer. Until then.

^Dissapointing to hear, was really liking the sound of this movie and Proyas has made some great films in his time. Big fan of Bradley Cooper in movies as well and Belle is stunning, wonder when it will re-start production?

I have a feeling that this might never see the light of day. Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

Interesting that the studio/production company didn't seem to have the confidence to give it a big budget. Proyas is a good director and it has a few stars in the cast. Plus the whole concept of the movie sounds pretty cool as a blockbuster.

It's probably not as bad as it sounds. If The Lone Ranger recovered so could this film.

Well, it seems some of these people need to figure out how to keep a budget from being so big especially when you're just dealing with a first film (in a possible series of others).

These things happen all the time, no biggie, i'm sure they'll get everything organized and producton will go ahead as it was meant to. Still, a delay in production means a delay in release, sigh.

^Yeah, we probably wont see this until 2014 at the earliest now which someone else mentioned, thats really dissapointing, was looking forward to this.

^Yeah, we probably wont see this until 2014 at the earliest now which someone else mentioned, thats really dissapointing, was looking forward to this.

I'm sure they could get it into theatres by the end of 2013.

If shooting starts again mid next year, what's the longest people will be on set to shoot?.......4-6 months maybe?

Then they can start a promo campaign for the film early 2013 with another 7-9 months of finishing effects/editing with an end of year release or something.

The delay isn't THAT long for the movie to take 2 years to come out, that's of course if infact it goes into production again by mid next year.

Last edited:
I'm sure they could get it into theatres by the end of 2013.

If shooting starts again mid next year, what's the longest people will be on set to shoot?.......4-6 months maybe?

Then they can start a promo campaign for the film early 2013 with another 7-9 months of finishing effects/editing with an end of year release or something.

The delay isn't THAT long for the movie to take 2 years to come out, that's of course if infact it goes into production again by mid next year.

With the film being motion capture I think they will need longer than that to get it out, Avatar was filmed in 2006 i believe but didnt come out until the end of 2009.

It's supposed to be 20 weeks of pre-production, 8 week of filming and 72 weeks of post-production.

OH it's motion capture? the WHOLE thing? where have i been? lol. I knew a lot of it would be CGI, but i didn't realize the actors were going to be motion cpatured, i thought they'd be real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"