"Alias" remake......no seriously

Reboots are all the rage right now. Originally you were supposed to reboot something that was out of date, and ready for a new generation. Ha!

ABC should remake Flashforward but start it in the next season.

I absolutely loved Alias and I'd be more than willing to give another show a chance. But I have very high doubts about it being good. Especially if they don't involve anyone from the original cast and none of the mythology whatsoever. That'll piss me off.

I wonder if JJ Abrams is involved with these "talks"? If not then I'm definitely not watching it.

I would say just try to get Abrams to come up with another spy show. I'm sure that he'd do it.

Yes ABC, let's tarnish one of your greatest shows by looting its grave. Yes, just brilliant.

Coming soon in 2014, the remake of LOST!!

Ha, ABC is really freaking out now that LOST is gone...

Larry David: [to president of ABC] Here's a question for "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"- what kind of an idiot is running ABC?

They're desperate for a hit because there are rumours that Disney will sell ABC to private investors since it would be illegal for any other media empires (CBS, News Corp, Comcast) to own and others are not interested in it. So they have to make ABC worth owning with hit shows and this season they're likely to fall to fourth place amongst the networks which is not good.

Alias was never a big ratings hit anyways, only in its fourth season when it aired after Lost and started the season in January. ABC helped kill the show by moving it to a different night and then different timeslots for their fifth season. If they kept it behind Lost they might've gotten another three years out of the show.

They remade Cupid last season and that failed. There was talk of a Charlie's Angels remake.
They would be better off making a remake of Family Matters, Doogie Howser, M.D., Eight Is Enough, Moonlighting, Snoops, The Wonder Years, Hart to Hart, The Streets of San Francisco or thirtysomething.
Certain shows would piss people off or may outright fail but taking the concept and the title and creating a new different version would still be better than remaking Alias without mythology. The problem with ABC shows seems to be the writing. They can pick pilots which on paper sounds good but the writing isn't there to sustain a quality season. They could remake Moonlighting or The Wonder Years but if the writing isn't great it won't stick around. ABC always seems to have interesting shows in the fall or midseason but they have such bad luck with writing.

Last edited:
They could un-cancel Eyes, the bastards. I don't care if it's been 5 years.

Makes about as much sense as rebooting Buffy again, but without all the supporting characters that made it so interesting.

You know...if they changed the cast of Undercovers....that could have been a reboot of Alias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"