The Canceled Shows of Tomorrow: Pilot Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox doesn't do shows at 10, though.

That's a bit baffling to me. Here in the UK, 10pm is often when the big TV shows are on. The 9pm slot is almost like a primer for the main course.

I'm also skeptical about the odds for success of the Prime Suspect remake. I'm not absolutely opposed to every Brit-to-US TV remake, as there has been the occasional success story. But more often than not they don't work, and Prime Suspect in particular is very much of its time and of its country, and most of all, intrinsically connected to its star, Helen Mirren. She's a brilliant actress, seemingly only becoming widely known to US audiences in recent years, and Jane Tennison remains her trademark role. Not to scoff at Mario Bello, but she's not Helen Mirren.

You think they'd have learned from the disastrous attempt to remake Cracker, the major contemporary of Prime Suspect.

What happened to that one poster who would defend "**** My Dad Says" all the time? I want to see his reaction. :awesome:
Ummm, $@*!
I liked it. I stand by it being a fun show even if the first few were uneven. I'd have liked to seen who the 3rd son would've been in a second season. It's numbers were way better than the company it keeps in the axing. Hope I gave you what you wanted. :oldrazz:

My eyes glazed over while reading that NBC list. Grimm looks the most interesting. Everything else looks like a knock-off of what other networks have done.

That's a bit baffling to me. Here in the UK, 10pm is often when the big TV shows are on. The 9pm slot is almost like a primer for the main course.

I am packing my bags to move there.

Here 10pm is late night because of most peoples work schedules and school start times.

Is this the first time NBC has Friday primetime schedule? They usually air Dateline or something that night.

Im looking forward to Franklin and Bash....I was impressed with Gosselaar and his work on NYPD Blue and Raising the Bar

I am packing my bags to move there.

Awesome! Come live with me! :woot:

Here 10pm is late night because of most peoples work schedules and school start times.

I'm trying to think up a list of some of the big current US shows and the times they're aired in the UK:

9PM
Glee
NCIS
CSI
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire

10PM
House
Mad Men
Fringe
The Walking Dead
Desperate Housewives
True Blood
Dexter
Spartacus
Law & Order

And hardly anything of note airs in the 8pm slot.

Im looking forward to Franklin and Bash....I was impressed with Gosselaar and his work on NYPD Blue and Raising the Bar

He could do great dramatic work for the rest of his life, and he will still always be Zack Morris to me.

Dont feel too bad for him though. It could be worse. The guy who played Screech will always be "*****ebag" to me.

When I read the title "Smash" on NBC I assumed it was a spinoff of Friday Night Lights :(

Question, is NBC's Friends With Benefits which they paid for and filmed 13 episodes for just never going to air?

Honestly I'm a little surprised BLEEP was cancelled.

So help me God, I will find Racetrack and **** her right in front of you! :cmad::csad:

95% of the things I do daily are out of spite.

Question, is NBC's Friends With Benefits which they paid for and filmed 13 episodes for just never going to air?

Maybe in the summer they might get burned off, nothing announced.

Bleep just wasn't doing a good job retaining the audience of Big Bang Theory. It still did well, any network would love those kind of ratings. It could've came back as a midseason replacement but CBS has the luxury of cancelling it. Hope the author enjoyed the quick pay day.

I was wondering the same thing. I was hoping to see some Danneel Harris on my television screen. :csad:

YAY for Once Upon A Time and The River being picked up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"