All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just to promote the Fortress of Solitude expansion mission on DCU Online

supermandcuonline.jpg
The suit looks so bad here. If only they would get rid of the panties and fill him with pads, seams and a collar. :o

Not really, or at least that's not what I read it for. Superheroes live and act in a world much more like ours than the wizard world of Harry Potter or Middle Earth of Lord of the Rings. This is an important difference to me. This means superheroes can deal with real-world issues far more often than escapist fantasy franchises, which interests me much more than, say, the quest to destroy the One Ring.
Yeah but they really dont deal with every day issues. They deal with alien gods, robots, crazy clowns, clay monsters, plant ladies, ancient witches, etc.

Sure there can be stories about Superman dealing with wife beaters and social stuff like that, but as JMS' run has proved people are not interested for that in a Superman book. So yes there can be some social commentary, but 99,9999% its stories where Superman fights Brainiac, Batman fights Scarecrow, etc which are superhero escapist stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"