All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I hope we get full specs on the suit.
I hope, I PRAY that they confirm that the new suit IS the suit that will be in MOS!!!

I hope they don't! I hope they apologize for this monstrosity of a suit and revert back to the classic suit

The films and comics have always been separate entities, so there should be no worries (or excitement, for that matter). MOS will likely have its own redesign.

I hope they don't! I hope they apologize for this monstrosity of a suit and revert back to the classic suit

I pre-ordered the Hot Toys S:TM Superman 12" collectible figure yesterday (it's bad ass) just to be able to see every day how Superman really should look. It really would be a crying shame, if they saddle poor Henry with a controversial costume rather than the classic one rendered in updated materials. Crossing my fingers that Nolan/Snyder are not going with the new comic design.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the Hot Toys S:TM Superman 12" collectible figure yesterday (it's bad ass) just to be able to see every day how Superman really should look. It really would be a crying shame, if they saddle poor Henry with a controversial costume rather than a the classic one rendered in updated materials. Crossing my fingers that Nolan/Snyder are not going with the new comic design.

right on man! I'd love to have that for myself...I hope he gets a decent looking suit that will please the audience. It needs to be classic yet make it modern without altering it so much. Words cannot express how much I dislike this outfit and how letdown I am with Jim Lee and the idiots who redesigned Superman and the rest of DC. It was unneeded and uncalled for.

The films and comics have always been separate entities, so there should be no worries (or excitement, for that matter). MOS will likely have its own redesign.

Half of the people on these forums could to do a more credible redesign than DC have come up with.

While DC should be blamed for allowing the redesign in the first place, I'd sooner point fingers at Lee. DC are in a precarious position, simply because he's their current golden boy. Being tasked with redesigning the core universe, I can't imagine them rejecting the very man they hired and who holds a high position.

^ lol....golden boy indeed...

then i would suggest you imagine peeing in his hair.

thanks for that awesome idea...I'm off to NYC! When I get arrested for peeing on some dude I hope one of you will be kind enough to come bail me out of jail...

right on man! I'd love to have that for myself...I hope he gets a decent looking suit that will please the audience. It needs to be classic yet make it modern without altering it so much. Words cannot express how much I dislike this outfit and how letdown I am with Jim Lee and the idiots who redesigned Superman and the rest of DC. It was unneeded and uncalled for.

I kind of effed up, because in my rush to preorder it, I didn't realize that some outlets were offering a limited edition that featured the kryptonite on a chain from the movie. Trying to find out if I can switch the order, but if it can't be changed, that's okay because it's has such amazing detail.

I look at this mini representation of CR and think how hard would it be to use his costume as a starting point and dial it in for today's market? Tweak the Colours and the \S/ Lower the belt line about an inch, Tighten the boots a little, raise the neckline somewhere between CR's and BR's etc. These are minor adjustments and yet collectively when combined they could truly make the costume look amazing. How about in extreme close up the blue has tiny solar cell patterns that help him absorb even more sunlight. Hopefully we'll get some info soon.

I dont think Jim Lee designed all those costumes by himself...he's not that quick

I kind of effed up, because in my rush to preorder it, I didn't realize that some outlets were offering a limited edition that featured the kryptonite on a chain from the movie. Trying to find out if I can switch the order, but if it can't be changed, that's okay because it's has such amazing detail.

I look at this mini representation of CR and think how hard would it be to use his costume as a starting point and dial it in for today's market? Tweak the Colours and the \S/ Lower the belt line about an inch, Tighten the boots a little, raise the neckline somewhere between CR's and BR's etc. These are minor adjustments and yet collectively when combined they could truly make the costume look amazing. How about in extreme close up the blue has tiny solar cell patterns that help him absorb even more sunlight. Hopefully we'll get some info soon.

because in the minds of some people, if you tweak the costume too much and change the colors raise the neckline, put trunks on him it looks like the Superman Returns suit that people are still *****ing about 5 years later

While DC should be blamed for allowing the redesign in the first place, I'd sooner point fingers at Lee. DC are in a precarious position, simply because he's their current golden boy. Being tasked with redesigning the core universe, I can't imagine them rejecting the very man they hired and who holds a high position.

like a lot of people, I really admire Lee's Superman, but just because he draws a mean Supes doesn't neccessarily equate to, "he is a good designer, let him come up with a new look." He has been interpreting a look that was essentially established in the late Forties. Lee's is not radically different from Swan's Superman. Some who don't draw that well might actually have better ideas.

because in the minds of some people, if you tweak the costume too much and change the colors raise the neckline, put trunks on him it looks like the Superman Returns suit that people are still *****ing about 5 years later

Not if it is done right, and SR's did not do it right. In about two hours we might get some substantive info from Lee himself.

Last edited:
I actually I prefer Michael Turner's Superman

miketurnersuperman.jpg

He didnt. There was input from several ppl from art department of DC Comics, including creative teams that will work with each character.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/06/09/project-up-up-and-runway/

I like this quote from Lee...

" On a reader level, we realize changing even the smallest detail of any character’s costume brings out the passion in every fan, but I thought it important to describe the process so you all knew the time and care and thought that was put into each and every redesign."

Or in other words: "You would not believe the huge amount of time and patience it took to for us to destroy 70 plus years of tradition. Not to worry though, in a few years we'll do a huge mea culpa and bring back the Classic just like Coca Cola did, which should sell shed loads of comics".

Hehe. There were those rumour of Laurie playing Perry White.

CLARK: Mr. White, Lex Luthoir is obviously lying.
PERRY: Everybody lies.
CLARK: But we can't let him get away with it.
PERRY: Ah, yes, but as the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.'
Then this happens. :awesome:
[YT]HQxtEmdmYXc&feature=related[/YT]
Superheroes aren't really escapist fantasy, at least not in the same category of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.
They really are though.

hahaha....anyone know where we can watch the announcement or is there even going to be video of it? Where can we find it?

Is there a new Superman video game coming out?

so far i'm not impressed...I haven't see a big reveal. Just the same, "we're re-booting!" crap from the past few days

So another BIG announcement announcing nothing. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"