All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's pure country redneck right there y'all...trust me, I can spot my own kind

Morrison has talked about doing a year one Superman story where he is less powerful, and that takes him back to his liberal activist roots. Judging by that, and the comment Lee made on his twitter, My guess is this younger Superman will be less powerful and that explains the need for armor and kneepads. As time passes and he gains more power from the yellow sun, he will no longer need this protection.

As for what Superman is wearing on the cover? I think it could be Superman's first rough attempt at a costume, much like the first costume in the Spider-Man film.

Last edited:
Morrison has talked about doing a year one Superman story where he is less powerful, and that takes him back to his liberal activist roots. Judging by that, and the comment Lee made on his twitter, My guess is this younger Superman will be less powerful and that explains the need for armor and kneepads. As time passes and he gains more power from the yellow sun, he will no longer need this protection.

As for what Superman is wearing on the cover? I think it could be Superman's first rough attempt at a costume, much like the first costume in the Spider-Man film.

I certainly hope so because the suit on the cover of Superman #1 looks horrible

Liberal activist roots, Less powerful...Underwhelming uninspired costume design...I hope this doesn't portend the direction the movie.

Okay... if THAT is officially his new costume, I really can't get behind it. Hopefully it's just a cover image.

Oh, come on! You cant be that stupid. I know you are a smart guy.

Nobody with minimal mind health can think this is the new costume...

Sometimes the fans lose sense completely.

Has anyone seen Cavill do anything? I haven't. Is he a good actor at all?

Yes.

(I think he is better actor than Dean Cain, Tom Welling and Brandon Routh, IMO. Is that enough ?)

Last edited:
That isn't that hard to do. Those guys were all ok...

Is he as good as Bale, Norton, Downey Jr., McAvoy, Fassbender, Ledger, or Eckhart? Is he on the level with some other great actors who have taken on these iconic superhero roles. He is arguably taking on the biggest of them all.

That isn't that hard to do. Those guys were all ok...

Is he as good as Bale, Norton, Downey Jr., McAvoy, Fassbender, Ledger, or Eckhart? Is he on the level with some other great actors who have taken on these iconic superhero roles. He is arguably taking on the biggest of them all.

Being better than Bale would be pretty easy, I think.

Being better than Bale would be pretty easy, I think.

Well, Bale is an Academy winner, with a extensive list of movies and great directors he worked with.

I think Bale is great.

Btw, I've seen Henry Cavill in couple of movies and some episodes of The Tudors. And yes, he is good.

Well, Bale is an Academy winner, with a extensive list of movies and great directors he worked with.

His films usually happen to be better than he is. TDK is a prime example.

Personally I like Bale's Batman, but that is subjective and based on opinion. But have you seen The Machinist? The Fighter? American Psycho? Bale is a damn good actor.

Personally I like Bale's Batman, but that is subjective and based on opinion. But have you seen The Machinist? The Fighter? American Psycho? Bale is a damn good actor.

I agree. I even like the things a lot of people ***** about, like the voice.

I agree. I even like the things a lot of people ***** about, like the voice.

I hear people make fun of the voice all the time. What do people want? I thought it was cool that he made it distinctive from Bruce's voice. Sometimes I think people just find things to complain about because...

first Wes i agree with you and welcome, but i think you are in the wrong forum talking about this......the mods will probably say it eventually if you keep on about this....just saying:cwink:

Ok, Superman Prime...if Bale sucks, then who do you think is a good actor?

Fallacy on you. I never said he sucked. I'd say he ranges from average to slightly above. Speaking of which, did anyone see him as a young man in an adaptation of "Treasure Island"? It was interesting.

Johnny Depp is an example of a brilliant actor. He's little to nothing like any of his characters, and undergoes a complete transformation in personality, body language, speech tonality, everything.

Line up Captain Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, and Sweeney Todd, and they have NOTHING in common except they have Depp's face. His characters are living, breathing entities that convince you they're real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"