• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

"Allied" - Marion Cotillard/ Brad Pitt WWII Drama

Doesn't she even mention Casablanca (the place) in the trailer?

Yup. Apparently in Casablanca husbands sleep on the roof.

Maybe Pitt shouldn't do any more spy movies, because they keep leading to his divorces. :sly: :o

Everyone said it when the movie was announced its' Casablanca meets Mr and Mrs Smith vibes.

Now what will the twist be? That she's a double-double agent? That Pitt is the actual spy?

I was so focused on Moana I forgot this is out today also. Anyone seen it yet?

So.........did anyone see this? I'm thinking of renting it on Netflix, it looks up my ally but the critics kind of dragged this through the mud. Surely one of you fine hypsters have seen this? :yay:

It was...ok. Fairly predictable, but it has its moments. I thought Cotillard was quite good, while Pitt was serviceable. I wouldn't recommend paying for it, but Netflix? Sure.

Yeah it was decent but nothing much higher than that rating. The potential for this movie with its stars was big though. So it's a let down in that regard. Like I said in my post at the top of the page it's vibes are Casablanca and Mr & Mrs Smith.

Pitt was pretty wooden and he and Cotillard didn't have much chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"