• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Amazing Spider-Man: Love it or Leave it?

Spider-Jay420

Welcome Back Peter Parker
Reaction score
I know we don't need a whole nother thread about Spider-Man, but I wanna see some numbers. Discuss, complain, do whatever you want, but please vote.

:yay: Happy with current ASM, digging the stories and everything's cool?

OR

:cmad: Hate ASM, Spider-Man is dead to me and not going back til things are fixed.

This is just an informal poll. I'm not trying to prove any points, again, I just want to see what the numbers are. Thanks.

I hated One More Day, but I've been enjoying Brand New Day and the current stories in Amazing Spider-Man. I personally find it a little absurd to remain bitter over comics.

Same here. I don't think they needed the reboot, but I enjoy what I'm reading now too.

I dont care for BND but I pick up the occasional issue. 600 onward has been good, but everything before that I wasnt impressed with.

I hated OMD, but BND has been great, for the most part.

Leave it. If I wanted stories about the 70s-esque swingin' single Spider-Man, I'd read those stories, not a half-assed attempt at reliving them. When compared to the stuff from the past two years, it doesn't feel like the Peter Parker I've grown up with, but a wierd mix of a green amateur and a pathetic guy going through a mid-life crisis. It just feels wrong to me that the Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man is more competant and mature then the one in Amazing.

Love it. If I wanted stories about a married Spider-Man I'd read the last 20 years of books. :p

But yes, seriously: Love it. Didn't like OMD....but loved the results!

Ultimate Spider-Man is hundred times better than ASM but ASM isnt so bad itself...
i voted "Great", some good stories to pick up in tpb/hc

It just feels wrong to me that the Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man is more competant and mature then the one in Amazing.

Wow. I never thought I'd see this in print. Although, I guess it's been a while since Ultimate Pete had his mask ripped off and had to be saved by a girl. :cwink:

Leave it. If I wanted stories about the 70s-esque swingin' single Spider-Man, I'd read those stories, not a half-assed attempt at reliving them. When compared to the stuff from the past two years, it doesn't feel like the Peter Parker I've grown up with, but a wierd mix of a green amateur and a pathetic guy going through a mid-life crisis. It just feels wrong to me that the Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man is more competant and mature then the one in Amazing.

Agree.

Where did this new controversey suddenly come from? You'd think that a year and a half later the people who didn't like would just stop reading and discussing it.

I used to watch Smallville, I no longer like Smallville, I don't go into the Smallville section anymore.

Where did this new controversey suddenly come from? You'd think that a year and a half later the people who didn't like would just stop reading and discussing it.

I used to watch Smallville, I no longer like Smallville, I don't go into the Smallville section anymore.

Not the best comparison though. See, many of us have been fans of Spidey for DECADES, so we're obviously a little more attached to the character than you were to smallville. Along with that, this regressed version of Spidey is present is a number of other titles, so it's not so easy to ignore. For example I've had to read in my new avengers issues about him struggling as to whether to reveal his identity to a bunch of people who all already knew his identity. So to bring it to your smallville comparison it'd be like if you decided to stop watching it but the things about it that irritated you the most were still popping up in other series you were trying to watch.

I'm three years away from entering my FOURTH DECADE of being exposed to Spider-Man... and I'm digging the book now moreso than the last 20 years...

:yay:

Personally for me it's really hard to enjoy a Spider-man comic, not really because of OMB or BND but because Peter acts like a whiny little *****...seriously how am I supposed to enjoy a comic with a main character like that!?

Peter has always been a tad whiney... he worries a lot...

Hated OMD... BND has been Meh... Uninteresting rehash characters like Menace and Freak, and up till now the a attempts to ignore the fact that the current status quo was created by a deal with the devil only serve to remind us how bad OMD was. I'm stuck with BND for a few months after OMD but it was too painful. I'm just now coming back to give it another chance. It looks like they may actually be dealing with OMD, and perhaps if we deal with the most Craptacular Spider-Man story ever written, we can finally put it behind us.

For the record, I do not agree that the marriage was a problem.

If they don't remember making the deal, why would that be a gigantic plot point for them to pursue? :?

If they don't remember making the deal, why would that be a gigantic plot point for them to pursue? :?

Because it's the big elephant in the room, so to speak. There's also the point of MJ whispering something to Mephisto before it all went down. It's too big a plot point to ignore. Couple that with MJ already knowing his secret identity post-OMD, so something's gotta give eventually. I doubt it'll be seriously pursued in the next year or two though.

Peter has always been a tad whiney... he worries a lot...

Ok well hahaha, he whines alot more than usuall.....or maybe I'm just tired of his personality and would prefer him being a mature adult. I personally don't want to read about a loser anymore.:csad:

At first I hated OMD but kept buying it but didnt read any of the books until about 10 issues later and I have to say I've been hooked since. It seems like they have an idea of what happened in OMD and are building towards bringing a resolution to that story. I'm digging it and will continue to read it, I agree it's kinda gay to have him reveal his identity to people who already knew it but am rolling with the story...

I was in the unique position of being out of the comic-loop for many a year, and as I was coming back in I was warned of the OMD stuff, and that the comic was tarnished. I didn't dig into the details too much, but thought I'd wait a bit and take a peek somewhere down the line to see for myself.

Well...y'know what? The only difference for me is that he was married when I left and now he's single again. I don't know exactly what happend during my abscence, but I don't really care...hell, I can chalk it up to me forgetting some little detail and move forward. (Instead of being pi**y about a craptacular storyline - one that I missed anyway..)

So, I actually am enjoying Spidey..I like his interactions with his cast members, and I think it makes more sense for him to be single anyway. I never had a problem with the marriage, but I can work with him being single now too...
So..I dig it and will probably add it to my pull list...well, maybe..but the current stuff I've read...I totally dig it!
In other words... :spidey:= :up:

All right, we're getting too many of these random Spider-Man-related polls now, so I'm moving all of them to the Spider-Man Comics section. We've got our one general Spider-Man discussion thread in the Marvel Comics section and that's it. Any further Spider-Man polls or threads will also be moved to the Spider-Man Comics section.

Well, I left it a year or so ago. I didn't buy the final two parts of OMD because I didn't support what they were doing. I've bought a few issues since it all started, TRYING to like it, but to no avail. Issue 600 was pretty good. Not phenomenol or anything, but pretty good. The two-parter with the FF was good, as well. Still, that's 3 issues out of, what, 50 issues?

Nope. I'll stick with Ultimate, which rocks, and Web, which will contain Spider-Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"