America Loves Ke$ha

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
In what is traditionally a high-volume download week thanks to shiny new MP3 players under the tree and download cards stuffed in stockings, a digital sales mark has fallen by the wayside.

Rookie pop singer Ke$ha's "TiK ToK" shifted 610,000 digital tracks for the week ending December 27, according to Nielsen SoundScan. That's the highest weekly sum by a female artist since tracking began in 2003, and the second-best overall after Flo Rida's "Right Round" sold 636,000 this past February. Coincidentally, Ke$ha was an uncredited singer on the track.

"TiK ToK" eclipsed the female mark set by Lady Gaga with "Just Dance" exactly a year ago.

Ke$ha's hefty download sum will ensure "TiK ToK's" place atop the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart for a second week when that chart is released Thursday. The song previews her debut album "Animal," which is set to hit stores on January 5.

[YT]iP6XpLQM2Cs[/YT]

Tik Tok represents everything that I hate most about pop music...

Possibly more than any other song (not pumped out by Britney Spears) in recent years.

Tik Tok is the song that plays when my alarm goes off in the morning. Great way to start a day:

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

F**k the haters, pop music is all about having fun and this ish gets me ready for the day.

011.gif

Tik Tok is the song that plays when my alarm goes off in the morning. Great way to start a day:

F**k the haters, pop music is all about having fun and this ish gets me ready for the day.

011.gif

:up:

She looks like a drunk version of Taylor Swift mixed with a little Ashley Tisdale.

She looks like your average drunk redneck.

OMFG I always wondered who sung the chorus on the Florida song.

It's catchy mindless pop music.

What a poet. Everytime I hear that song I facepalm.

this song is horrible...

....horribly catchy

She sounds like she likes the cars
The cars that go boom

I'd just heard it today. The local hip-hop radio station has a "12 o'clock Throwback" everyday from noon to 1pm where they play as many songs as they can find that are 10+ years old. Ke$ha totally sounds like Tigra & Bunny.

I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna buy her album tomorrow. I do love pop/catchy music...

I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna buy her album tomorrow. I do love pop/catchy music...

i'll wait for a second single. i rarely buy a cd based on one song

Gaga ironically was the last exception

I was at Target the other day and saw her album. Weird.

Count me as one of those who don't. Beats the **** out of me why this is the top song out there nowaday.

It's catchy and plays well at the clubs.

I guess that's all that matters nowaday. Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"