• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

America...the Thread

i agree, but the problem is this
there are to many corrupt people in the US of A that treat it like a bottomless pit of resources. It has given them an over inflated sense of worth and a deflated sense of conservation.
Aside from that, the odd need that the US citizens seem to have, of butting in to every other countries problems and impose their democratic system has caused strife and disillusionment in myself and many others.

So you agree that the US is a good place to exploit for your own benefit then go on to complain about the corrupt people in the US that treat it like a bottomless pit of resources??? So it's cool for people in other countries to do it, but not for the people living in the country? I know you're talking about resources but if you're using the US for your benefit and the US misuses resources to run itself then you're contributing to the misuse of resources as well.

Look I'm not saying people shouldn't exploit places and situations for their own benefit. Everyone does that in one form or another, but aren't you being extremely contridictory?

Everyone has an overrated sense of self worth. My life is one of the most important things to me, I'd pay almost anything to keep it as you would pay to keep yours; however, I wouldn't pay anything to save your life nor would you to save mine. Now before you say how cold that is and how of course you would save someone consider how many have starved to death or died of disease that a small amount of money contributed by you could have saved. We are only important to ourselves, the world could car less about what lives on its shell.

So you agree that the US is a good place to exploit for your own benefit then go on to complain about the corrupt people in the US that treat it like a bottomless pit of resources??? So it's cool for people in other countries to do it, but not for the people living in the country? I know you're talking about resources but if you're using the US for your benefit and the US misuses resources to run itself then you're contributing to the misuse of resources as well.

Look I'm not saying people shouldn't exploit places and situations for their own benefit. Everyone does that in one form or another, but aren't you being extremely contridictory?

Everyone has an overrated sense of self worth. My life is one of the most important things to me, I'd pay almost anything to keep it as you would pay to keep yours; however, I wouldn't pay anything to save your life nor would you to save mine. Now before you say how cold that is and how of course you would save someone consider how many have starved to death or died of disease that a small amount of money contributed by you could have saved. We are only important to ourselves, the world could car less about what lives on its shell.

There is one life in fact two that I would do anything for to save. My mother and fiance. I see them as the only other two people on EARTH who take a higher place in my mind.

There is one life in fact two that I would do anything for to save. My mother and fiance. I see them as the only other two people on EARTH who take a higher place in my mind.

Exactely, I care about my family first, my girlfriend second, my close friends third and then myself. There are billions of people in the world I honestly do not give a @hit about, or at least that I've never helped or thought of for even a moment.

Exactely, I care about my family first, my girlfriend second, my close friends third and then myself. There are billions of people in the world I honestly do not give a @hit about, or at least that I've never helped or thought of for even a moment.

Human nature to look after our own clan.

right.
i agree that it is a good place to make money, but i do not agree with the over use and the uneven distribution. 5% of the people control 95% of the wealth. How can you support that system? If anything the USA should be a world resource not a place to breed a few mega millionaires.

right.
i agree that it is a good place to make money, but i do not agree with the over use and the uneven distribution. 5% of the people control 95% of the wealth. How can you support that system? If anything the USA should be a world resource not a place to breed a few mega millionaires.

Nah LexCorp = future USA bred mega millionaire

right.

That's a cool little fact there, but that's also true of anywhere else in the world as well. The rich are few and powerful the rest of us feed that machine. I've been to six continents and I can say honestly it's the same all over.

If you make money off the US then you're profitting in some way from the misuse of resources. So you're not only part of the problem but also a hypocrite. Sorry but you're either against something or for it. The Swiss sided with the Nazi's during WW2 because they did buisness with them. If you want to make a difference you should only do buisness with people that further your utopian vision or do you just think others should be put out while you profit through any means?

The world idealistically should be a very different place with puppies and flowers and people hugging each other. Unfortunately humans are by nature flawed (I'm not talking god here, just human nature) and so incapable of a perfect balanced state.

That's a cool little fact there, but that's also true of anywhere else in the world as well. The rich are few and powerful the rest of us feed that machine. I've been to six continents and I can say honestly it's the same all over.

If you make money off the US then you're profitting in some way from the misuse of resources. So you're not only part of the problem but also a hypocrite. Sorry but you're either against something or for it. The Swiss sided with the Nazi's during WW2 because they did buisness with them. If you want to make a difference you should only do buisness with people that further your utopian vision or do you just think others should be put out while you profit through any means?

The world idealistically should be a very different place with puppies and flowers and people hugging each other. Unfortunately humans are by nature flawed (I'm not talking god here, just human nature) and so incapable of a perfect balanced state.

Like I said human nature is the big factor here in why it is the way it is.

agreed
and with great personal restraint i abstain from "opening a big can of worms"
lets just agree to disagree

agreed
and with great personal restraint i abstain from "opening a big can of worms"
lets just agree to disagree

Well that wrapped up ver well.

I think we should all agree to a drink now.

Well that wrapped up ver well.

I think we should all agree to a drink now.

You mean you guys aren't already drunk? Sad state when you expect to drunkenly debate politics on a comic book board but only find sober people. You're all sucking the fun out of this.

You mean you guys aren't already drunk? Sad state when you expect to drunkenly debate politics on a comic book board but only find sober people. You're all sucking the fun out of this.

:woot:

Wise guy

Hey I only post when I'm at work and I make it a rule never to work sober.

Hey how is Florida...I hear it is dry as of late.

Been raining off and on as always, we had a very dry spell but it's changed with the storms coming off the coast, last weekend I was even able to surf a bit thanks to the storms.

Been raining off and on as always, we had a very dry spell but it's changed with the storms coming off the coast, last weekend I was even able to surf a bit thanks to the storms.

Point Break surfing?

Did you rob a bank afterwards?

Point Break surfing?

Did you rob a bank afterwards?

More like waves barely big enough to surf surfing, and if you mention the ankbay obberyray again I will have to kill you, I feel Keanu Reeves is closing in on me as we speak, if he makes me watch that magic mailbox movie I'll have to give up the rest of the gang. I can take torture, but that's just asking too much.

Do you guys think America could win an actual war with someone more on par with us?

Do you guys think America could win an actual war with someone more on par with us?

By actual war do you mean like WW2 or are you talking some half @ssed "peacekeeping" war like Iraq or Vietnam?

^ depends...against aliens?

More like waves barely big enough to surf surfing, and if you mention the ankbay obberyray again I will have to kill you, I feel Keanu Reeves is closing in on me as we speak, if he makes me watch that magic mailbox movie I'll have to give up the rest of the gang. I can take torture, but that's just asking too much.

Sorry won't mention it again

America has always given me the impression that not all people can "live the dream".As most just work to give that dream to others..this is what i see..

Upper Class
These people control everything.But not everyone knows it,they are always White and Asian.

Middle Class
These people run the economy.They can make it,but not all can.These are Whites and Asians who did not amount to their full potential.

Lower Class
These are people that work the economy,the middle class runs it.These are the minorities,Africans and Hispanics.

America has always given me the impression that not all people can "live the dream".As most just work to give that dream to others..this is what i see..

Upper Class
These people control everything.But not everyone knows it,they are always White and Asian.

Middle Class
These people run the economy.They can make it,but not all can.These are Whites and Asians who did not amount to their full potential.

Lower Class
These are people that work the economy,the middle class runs it.These are the minorities,Africans and Hispanics.

Only white and asians are in the upper class? That's laughable. Once you're rich you're rich, ethnicity has almost nothing to do with your life anymore. You begin relating to other rich people above everything else. But just to say there are rich blacks, hispanics and many natives as well. You have no idea what you're talking about in this. If you said the majority are white you'd be right, but "they are always" is just a stupid statement.

The middle class thing is insane for the same reasoning. The middle class is full of many races and some perhaps have reached their earning potential and others may (and I know this is gonna be a hard concept for you considering your "all americans are the devil" stance) have something more important than money which they choose to occupy themselves with like family.

You've clearly never been to west virgina or other parts of the country which have vast majority white populations and the some of (in WV case THE) poorest regions in the USA.

In conclusion, you're a racist, thanks for coming.

He always talks out of his ass. He's taken the place of TheSumofGod as the Hype's clown that everyone ignores, but tosses some spare change at anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"