• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Is America Overrated?

Apollo

Superhero
Reaction score
i am an American and I've always wondered whats so great about it.... I hear everyone saying its the greatest country in the world and how lucky i am to live here blah blah blah... but seriously i have no idea what makes America so great. Is it because we have the most weapons? pff i don't know about you, but for me war doesn't make one great.
I know there are a lot of poor country's out there, and America would be far better to live in then there. but compared to other wealthy county's, what makes America better?

i really don't know much about politics, so maybe someone here wants to put me in my place, while educating me at the same time? a good ol' superherohype political lecture maybe?

Your mom is overrated :cmad: :cmad:. Seriously though yeah America has its faults, and I think its our rights as Americans to talk about these faults so that we can get them fixed.

Is America Overrated?

Yes and no, too tipsy to get into it now.

It depends on your race/class.

I disapprove of a lot of what america does, mainly because I hold it to such a high standard. Objectively speaking, we've got it f**king made in the shade.

Honestly, no, I don't think it's overrated.

I'd rather be here than Latveria.

Absolutely not. There are rights in America we dumb americans take for granted until they're gone. But that's what the politicians spit out. To an average joe like me what makes America great is the history and the great minds from not just america but all over the world that came together to make this country kick ass. But now of course its starting to seem as if diversity is a bad thing...

I couldn't believe how some politician was saying it'd be bad if America became a bilingual nation... one of my professors can speak 5 languages just because that's the standard where she grew up. America has no excuses for not promoting more language learning imo.

Yeah, I honestly think it isn't overrated, or if it is, not very much. Yes, there are plenty of other absolutely great places in the world, but I really couldn't see myself every really living there for a long time. I've traveled around a decent amount and probably the only places I could live would be Australia, England, or Canada, because they are the most similar to american life.

Now, of course America has it's faults, but nobody said this place was perfect.

America obviously has it's faults, but hey, no country is perfect. The best we can do is to try and strive to fix those problems. I consider myself to be a loyal patriot and I consider this place to be my home. I love my country and I can't think of living anywhere else. To me, America is the greatest country in the world, just like how a Chinese person probably thinks that China is the greatest country in the world or how an Egyptian may think that Egypt is the best.

The only people who think its overrated are Americans.

America isn't over-rated. The people running it, on the other hand...

I'd like the 2 people who voted yes to share their opinions.

Nope. World status speaking....yeah we are the greatest...standard of living we're up there...but the general feel is everybodys happy. we might have personal problems but none are really government effected. So no, american is udner rated if anything. Our world image is ****.

P.S. English is always gonna be the only official language of the u.s. Until the new tork times and fox news are reporting in another language, we shouldnt change it. Immergrents should be satisfied we let them live here; but its dumb they expect us all to learn a new language for em too when they can just learn on.

The only people who think its overrated are Americans.

While there are certainly people outside the country that hate us, I see what you mean.

I mean, the people in Cuba who tie doors to their asses and swim for Florida aren't doing it because they're boating enthusiasts. :o

Ha! That's clearly false.

no it isn't. A ****load of people here ***** and moan about hwo their losing their rights to **** like the patriot act and **** like that, which it makes it sound a lot worse them it is.

Nope. World status speaking....yeah we are the greatest...standard of living we're up there...but the general feel is everybodys happy. we might have personal problems but none are really government effected.
Actually, yeah they are. We have a good set up, but the government right now isn't so hot.
So no, american is udner rated if anything. Our world image is ****.

P.S. English is always gonna be the only official language of the u.s. Until the new tork times and fox news are reporting in another language, we shouldnt change it. Immergrents should be satisfied we let them live here; but its dumb they expect us all to learn a new language for em too when they can just learn on.

English actually isn't the official language of the US.

Since everyone has different priorities and values, it's impossible to label nation overrated or not. What's the standard? What are we basing anything on?

Since everyone has different priorities and values, it's impossible to label nation overrated or not. What's the standard? What are we basing anything on?

You're right, it is a ridiculously stupid question to begin with.

No, it's not overrated.

Also, all polls should be public. :cmad:

what major problems that people have do the government cause?

and if its not the offical langange is fine; i just dont want to spanish listed as it instead.

Yeah, I actualyl think America should have an official language, and states can have their own secondary/minor languages too (ie Hawaiian in hawaii and french in louisiana)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"