• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man ....and Bryce Dallas Howard?

Carlo Comicus

Sidekick
Reaction score
After the confirm about Kirsten Dunst in "Spider-man 4", someone think we see Howard back in the Gwen Stacy role? I have many doubt.:huh:

I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that Bryce was in a Spider-man movie and did not play MJ.

After the confirm about Kirsten Dunst in "Spider-man 4", someone think we see Howard back in the Gwen Stacy role? I have many doubt.:huh:
Well... after the flop that was 'Terminator Salvation', I would say "yes". Bryce Dallas Howard will return to portray Gwen Stacy.

I'd love to see her return, but I doubt she will. Raimi never wanted Gwen in Spider-Man 3. And it's not like SM-3 left her with a story that required any resolution.

She was simply a plot device to make MJ jealous.

she wont be written in. Theres nothing for her character. I really wish Gwen Stacey was in the first the first two spider-man movies so her death could be a significant factor in these movies.

yeah i agree with Joker, i doubt she'll be in it, or Captain satcy for that matter. Useful for Spider-man 3 i guess, but after that theyre both pretty useless.

Captain Stacy could still be a part of SM4, such as catching criminals or helping Spider-Man trying to find the villain. Think of him as Lieutenant Gordon in BB/TDK. By the way, sorry for bringing up the BB/TDK comparison. I'm not one of those who constantly brags about BB/TDK success.

I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that Bryce was in a Spider-man movie and did not play MJ.
I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact they wasted that character and Cpt. Stacy as well, but I'm having even a harder time getting over the fact that SM3 completely sucked!:oldrazz:

she wont be written in. Theres nothing for her character. I really wish Gwen Stacey was in the first the first two spider-man movies so her death could be a significant factor in these movies.
I agree! Actually, if she would've been in 1 only it would've been good! Her death was one of the most significant factors in Peter's life. How could Raimi "skipped" her in SM1?

If the writer and Raimi can't fit her in properly, then they might be better off not including Gwen in the film. She was only a plot device, even though Bryce was a FANTASTIC Gwen.

Although Nikki Finke said that there would be another gal part (might be Gwen or Betty), although that might be nixed with Abaire doing the script instead of Vanderbilt.

I'd love to see her return, but I doubt she will. Raimi never wanted Gwen in Spider-Man 3. And it's not like SM-3 left her with a story that required any resolution.

She was simply a plot device to make MJ jealous.
Entirely. A wasted character appearance that could have been easily filled by referencing Deb Whitman or Liz Allan, if not simply using Betty (as mentioned above). When you incorporate Gwen Stacy into the mix, I expect something more substantial than what essentially amount to a throwaway.

What's up with Raimi not truly wanting to use so many good characters? Gwen Stacy is awesome, and Bryce is a fantastic actress, it'd be a waste not to have her back.

And I agree Etienne, it's mind boggling that she didn't portray Mary Jane....she'd have added a much better flavor to the series than Dunst.

Entirely. A wasted character appearance that could have been easily filled by referencing Deb Whitman or Liz Allan, if not simply using Betty (as mentioned above). When you incorporate Gwen Stacy into the mix, I expect something more substantial than what essentially amount to a throwaway.
What's up with Raimi not truly wanting to use so many good characters? Gwen Stacy is awesome, and Bryce is a fantastic
I really want her back. In the end, it turned out to be a waste, but we were still introduced to her. It's not like we know yet in 4 that he's finished with school or no longer acquainted with Stacy. I hope the relationship between them is explored more and then that can set the grounding for a classic scenario alot here are familiar with. Plus she's a great actress and one of the bright spots of 3.

I completely agree, while the way her character was used was a waste, Howard did a fantastic job with what she was given, and I've enjoyed her work thus far. She's pretty damn underrated, but give her a chance to shine as Gwen Stacy in SM-4 and I'd bet all the money in the world she won't disappoint.

I don't want to see Gwen back. The only reason I care about her is because her death torments Peter.

They've already blown their chance at getting that right on film, so her character has become superfluous in my mind.

She doesn't have to die in every story she's introduced in. There's much more to her character than simply dying and causing Peter a lot of grief.

She was the best thing about Spider-Man 3, that's for sure...

Honestly, maybe they shouldn't have her in if it's going to complicate the narrative, you know? If they want to start off clean, maybe they should leave her behind and start anew, though I do like her acting.

I really really want Bryca Dallas Howard to find a role that makes her a superstar because she's beautiful and she's a great actress.

I'd like to see Gwen have a proper ending since the studio forced her into Spider-Man 3.

I fail to see how Gwen crowded the story, it's not like she was showing up in every other scene.

could of been our mj

brycehoward.jpg

also she would off been 19 when sm1 was being shot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"