And you tought that Dead Rising Wii was a bad idea...

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
EA just announced Dead Space.

This just makes me feel sad inside....:csad::csad:

I never really though Dead Rising Wii was that bad of an idea...and I don't think Dead Space Wii is either as long as they keep the same gameplay. Obviously the graphics will take a hit, but that's not the most important thing.

It could be good

Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

It's good to see Nintendo trying to get REAL games for the Wii, instead of those absolute tripe party game things. But seriously, how will they manage to do this? People talk about graphics as though they aren't important, well, of course they are! Dead Space is a very atmospheric game, very visceral, the graphics help this. They add a layer of realness and believability to the game. I just don't think the Wii would be able to do that.

It's good to see Nintendo trying to get REAL games for the Wii, instead of those absolute tripe party game things. But seriously, how will they manage to do this? People talk about graphics as though they aren't important, well, of course they are! Dead Space is a very atmospheric game, very visceral, the graphics help this. They add a layer of realness and believability to the game. I just don't think the Wii would be able to do that.

You can have atmosphere in a game without having powerhouse graphics. We had those kinds of games on the PS1/PS2 and they worked just fine without having PS3/360 level graphics. This can work, too

Yea but not with a game like Dead Space IMO. I just wouldn't feel as immersed in it.

Well, think of it this way. If Dead Space had been made with the exact same way, same gameplay, same use of sound and score, same monster designs, same general atmosphere, but it was made on the PS2/GCN/Xbox with that eras graphics; would it really make that big of a difference on the game itself?

I personally don't think so

It wouldn't of been made on the older consoles, well, it wasn't. I even look back at the old Resi games now and think "How the hell did this creep me out?". It's all a matter of opinion but for me, when it comes to these sorta games they should stay on the proper gaming systems. Imagen Fallout 3 on the Wii? That would be absolute garbage.

Well I was never creeped out by the older RE's anyway, but I was the Silent Hill games and even now playing the older ones, once you get past the horrid camera and ****** controls, they still have effectively creepy.

My analogy still applies though. DS can still be a great game without the flash and bang of PS3/360 level graphics.

I disagree, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow Of Chernobyl by far has more atmosphere and "realness" to it. It isn't the graphics, because Dead Space has better with better EA production values, it's the lack of trying to emulate a Hollywood movie like so many other horror games as well as a lack of obvious level design and structure which takes away realness. Graphics matter but there are other factors.

The world according to kez: Your console game < My PC game.

:p

I have it for the pc.
TBH, I don't think it will be downgraded too horribly, it really doesn't seem to be that a demanding game in comparison to something like, Bioshock or Fallout 3, constant 60+fps with every maxed out at 1280X1024 the lower resolution should take pressure off the game also. Probably could have put a downgraded version on ps2 if they wanted to.

You can't compare Dead Rising and Dead space. Dead Space doesn't have anything integral to it's gameplay that wouldn't work on the Wii. Dead Space could with the right team end up being better on Wii.

I would understand if you said it could be just as good on the Wii, but how exactly would it be better?

Why, waggle, waggle, of course, of course

Why, waggle, waggle, of course, of course

Haha, i dont know why i found that funny.

Good for the Wii, i mean the game will look like trash, but im sure itll work fine on that system.

A on-rail shooter, eh? Well...we'll see I guess :/

One of the best parts about Dead Space was the awesome environment and mood. I didn't think that would translate well to the wii, but it looks gorgeous.

dead-space-20090217093831088_640w.jpg

Compared to -

resident-evil-umbrella-chronicles-2.jpg

I think the easy way out would be a lazy inferior port.
It sounds like it will be a different game built around the wii.
I guess my point is that when a dev. puts time in a game (i.e. Capcom and RE4) it works really well on the Wii. It just seems, to me, like EA took a short cut here.

I guess it really comes down to a matter of opinion. For me a good 3rd person game > a great on-rails shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"