And you tought that Dead Rising Wii was a bad idea...

I guess my point is that when a dev. puts time in a game (i.e. Capcom and RE4) it works really well on the Wii. It just seems, to me, like EA took a short cut here.

I guess it really comes down to a matter of opinion. For me a good 3rd person game > a great on-rails shooter.

Maybe using a Gamecube port isn't exactly the best example of a company not taking the easy way out.

Color me surprised and suprised and slightly impressed!

I think I'm gonna sit this one out and just watch Event Horizon again.

I think the game looks interesting. One thing I love is the resurgence of the On Rails shooter genre with the Wii.

HotD: Overkill was awesome, and this looks to be also.

Dead Space to Support Wii Motion Plus
February 26, 2009 at 14:39 PST – Source: GameCyte

Including Grand Slam Tennis and the next Tiger Woods PGA Tour game, EA now has three titles supporting Nintendo's upcoming gyroscopic peripheral.
Dead Space Extraction is slated for release later this year, and when it comes out it will support Nintendo's Wii Motion Plus peripheral.

According to EA Chief Operations Officer John Pleasants, the Wii-exclusive Dead Space spin-off will be "taking advantage of the MotionPlus controller." Announced last year at the Electronics Entertainment Expo, Wii Motion Plus is an attachment for the Wii Remote controller that aids developers in pursuing more accurate motion recognition in their games.

Pleasants also said that Dead Space: Extraction would feature zero-G dismemberment. The original Dead Space featured areas of zero gravity physics, so this announcement hints that the prequel's developers are implementing that feature for the Wii.

Pleasants made these comments at the 2009 Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference, but EA recently announced separately that two other games will support the Wii Motion Plus accessory. Earlier today, an EA press release indicated that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and Grand Slam Tennis would both support Nintendo's gyroscopic add-on.

Dead Space Extraction is currently slated for a late 2009 release. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is scheduled to come out in June, and Grand Slam Tennis is due in the summer.

On-rails? I was looking forward to it, but now...eh. I have RE: UC on Wii and it is a fun game to kill time with two people. But once you finish it that's it and one rails shooter with zombies is enough as there is not much room for innovation in that style of gameplay.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970968p1.html

New video and general tidbits about the game. The writer seemed fairly impressed and plays it up fairly nicely. This is still probably a rental on my part, though. Don't see myself buying it despite how much I like DS. That may change, but I think I'm still going to save my dough for the true blue sequel

I think I'm gonna sit this one out and just watch Event Horizon again.

Yeah, but if you do that you'll have to watch the last 20-30 minutes of that movie. That's something that you need not subjective yourself to

It's on rails? Like those arcade shooters?

Yep, think that Resident Evil game that came out for Wii not too long ago, Umbrella Chronicles.

Of course now there calling it a 'guided first person experience'

Isildur´s Heir;16738073 said:
It looks way better than i thought, that much i can tell you.

Yeah, I still probably won't buy it or anything, but it definitely looks much better then what my idea of what it would be when it was first announced as being on rails

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"