Andy Serkis IS Alfred Pennyworth

King-Kong.jpg

^ Those get creepier by the post.

I'm sure Andy will do fine, but again, this is another character just ripe for a faithful comic portrayal that somehow hasn't happened yet.

Thin build, black pencil 'stache, bald on top, it's not complicated...

^ Those get creepier by the post.

I'm sure Andy will do fine, but again, this is another character just ripe for a faithful comic portrayal that somehow hasn't happened yet.

Thin build, black pencil 'stache, bald on top, it's not complicated...
I seriously doubt that’s what we’re getting.

Despite never getting the balding with stache look, we really have been spoiled by great Alfreds. I love them all.

Caine could have really pulled it off:
dirty-rotten-scoundrels-lg.jpg

That would have been a great look for Caine as Alfred. Better if he'd played Alfred when he was a bit younger though.

Only if Woody was Joker.
I can't see him as Joker. He's such a great pick for Carnage though. I hope his voice actually comes through the symbiote; I've always liked the contrast between his appearance as Carnage and his "radical"/southern diction in the comics

I can’t believe I haven’t really thought much about this, just due to us having seen virtually none of Andy’s Alfred yet, but I’m really curious to see how Serkis and Pattinson bounce off one another.

I’m predicting a more physical Alfred, similar to Earth One and Beware The Batman. That is a point of difference for the movies which I’m eager to see explored.

Alfred has been revealed in LEGO. Gray hair and beard. If I didn’t know any better, his beard line looks awfully similar to another recent Alfred: could be a coincidence, or… showing time has passed since the Waynes’ deaths during the Joker riots.

8DEC0F87-EC5E-45E7-9A81-9F110B60B54C.jpeg

25AB1324-3CC9-4D77-83A0-C41B3A814E4F.jpeg

No offense Razor but I am gone at the suggest that the beard on a Lego figure is similar to that of a living human being. :funny:
Yeah, I mean, Alfred's generic Lego hairpiece from the Batcave set looks nothing like Serkis' actual hairline or type so the inferences that can be drawn from it are minimal.

Alfred has been revealed in LEGO. Gray hair and beard. If I didn’t know any better, his beard line looks awfully similar to another recent Alfred: could be a coincidence, or… showing time has passed since the Waynes’ deaths during the Joker riots.

View attachment 49676

View attachment 49677
Alfred from the Joker movie was like 50. I doubt Serkis is playing a 90 year old Alfred...

I mean, just the fact that the LEGO Penguin doesn’t look a goddamn thing like the movie Penguin should tell us how much of an approximation of Serkis that figure really is.

I think he will have Grey hair and a beard and be a white guy and also have a square head and he can pull all his hair off his head and then has a little connector on his scalp to place it back on

I mean, just the fact that the LEGO Penguin doesn’t look a goddamn thing like the movie Penguin should tell us how much of an approximation of Serkis that figure really is.
The white hair and beard is kind of a guarantee since that's what he had when he was shooting the movie.

Not to mention Andy Serkis and that other Alfred actor are almost the exact same age.

To be fair I pegged Joker's Alfred as more early to mid 40s. That's how he looks and it feels most logical to me as I think in terms of Alfred being around in the long term during Bruce's time as Batman, he should be around 50 when Bruce starts. And that's essentially how old Serkis seemingly is gonna be as far as I can tell. Not saying they're the same person, they're not. I'm just glad it isn't someone much older playing the part.

I hope we get to see Alfred as 3 dimensional. Not just Bruce's voice of reason but he gets some actual conflict that he has to work through. More than just set dressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"