• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angela Bassett IS Ramonda

She was spared an awful part. Every X-men except Logan or Charles has been getting the shaft.

In light of all of that, I find it so very fascinating that Ramonda has white hair in BP. I don't know if they're sticking it to the Singerverse, but I can't imagine how they aren't.

I just can't wait to see her and Chadwick (T'Challa) interact as mother and son

000259427hr_bassett.jpg

Besides I wonder if they give Angela Bassett's Ramonda a Wakandan accent? Also at the same time I wonder how she will feel about her husband T'Chaka's death considering that her husband was murdered by a man who they thought was Bucky Barnes but it turns out that Zemo was the one who killed her husband and then her son T'Challa becoming king I wonder if her character too will end up dying?

I liked here a lot and now all debate of whether she could have been a good Storm can finally be settled.

Time to move on from the Storm crap. It's a dead issue.

On the other hand, she is great in Black Panther.

In light of all of that, I find it so very fascinating that Ramonda has white hair in BP. I don't know if they're sticking it to the Singerverse, but I can't imagine how they aren't.
That's a nice thought. Black Panther and Storm were an item in the comics.

I liked here a lot and now all debate of whether she could have been a good Storm can finally be settled.
There's nothing to settle, there was no doubt she would've made an infinitely better Rogue than Halle which is why this whole Angela as Storm coulda/woulda/shoulda persists.

Honestly, I'd love to hear why they cast Halle Berry for Storm. Maybe simply she was younger and seemed her career was rising more. Or maybe it was just that Bassett wasn't a fan of comics or simply demanded too much $$$.

But it's quite striking we've never had more than like 1 A-list Black actress at a time. 2 if you counted say Whitney Houston (who had a few hit films).

Because she had more eurocentric features, I am sure if it. Mixed race has always been the acceptable face of blackness in the West.

There's nothing to settle, there was no doubt she would've made an infinitely better Rogue than Halle which is why this whole Angela as Storm coulda/woulda/shoulda persists.

For the likes of me and you, sure. I mean the case is now closed for anyone who might have had the slightest objection. :yay:

Honestly, I'd love to hear why they cast Halle Berry for Storm. Maybe simply she was younger and seemed her career was rising more. Or maybe it was just that Bassett wasn't a fan of comics or simply demanded too much $$$.

But it's quite striking we've never had more than like 1 A-list Black actress at a time. 2 if you counted say Whitney Houston (who had a few hit films).

I don't think you need to be a fan of comics and if she said yes to this role then you'd imagine playing a comic character itself wasn't a turn off. Maybe she wouldn't have wanted to play the role multiple times. Anyway, it is crazy if she was never even though of for the role by the creators.

I don't think you need to be a fan of comics and if she said yes to this role then you'd imagine playing a comic character itself wasn't a turn off. Maybe she wouldn't have wanted to play the role multiple times. Anyway, it is crazy if she was never even though of for the role by the creators.

Good point. Though I gotta imagine in the late 90's (due to failures of Spawn, Batman&Robin), very few serious A-list stars probably wanted to take on the roles.

Though very few action roles for Black women, so that should have presented her an opportunity of sorts. A different kind of role

Good point. Though I gotta imagine in the late 90's (due to failures of Spawn, Batman&Robin), very few serious A-list stars probably wanted to take on the roles.

Though very few action roles for Black women, so that should have presented her an opportunity of sorts. A different kind of role

True. The role of Storm in an ensemble that much of the GA hadn’t heard of in a post B&R environment would have been a different prospect to a Storm in a MCU X-Men 2 decades into a CBM revolution.

This woman does not age, she just doesn't.

Of course she was great in this film. But I was hoping for [blackout]her to get a good kick ass scene! but she didnt get any[/blackout]

Of course she was great in this film. But I was hoping for [blackout]her to get a good kick ass scene! but she didnt get any[/blackout]

I agree. I hope she has more to do in the sequel. I felt she got shortchanged, but i guess someone had to in this film.

My queen. What a legend.

I would have loved for them to have included a bit saying she's from South Africa. I think that's important because t'challa loves his step mum so much and she's the one who made him understand wakanda needs to extend to the wider world. If the wider world could have someone like ramonda it couldn't be all bad

My queen. What a legend.

I would have loved for them to have included a bit saying she's from South Africa. I think that's important because t'challa loves his step mum so much and she's the one who made him understand wakanda needs to extend to the wider world. If the wider world could have someone like ramonda it couldn't be all bad

They never gave any indication that she was his stepmom though

Yeah which honestly I was ok with because just because she's his step mum it doesn't stop her being any less his mother where it matters.

But I would love them to make that more overt in the next one

Angela Bassett sure killed it as Ramonda queen of Wakanda and widow of King T'Chaka. Marvel definitely got it right as far as casting for her character is concerned. To me Angela Bassett is Ramonda and seeing her as the mother of the new King was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"