• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Anyone else reading Ms. Marvel?

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
The "death and return" of Ms. Marvel has been the best thing to happen to her ongoing. Moonstone has ignited some much needed fire to this book and Ive loved the fallout especially with how its affected Carol and the this bitter feud which has now developed between them. I think she needed a new rival and Moonstone has proven to be a perfect choice. Im loving the mystery and new sense of intrigue surrounding Carol and her story arc especially with the appearance of this Catherine. I admit I wasnt really reading the title before bc while I do like the character, its pretty much bored me from what Ive skimmed through but its easily one of my favorite non-X-men related titles now. I really hope sales pick up bc it really is great now and at the top of its game

I bailed on her during Civil War. I picked it up when Spidey guest starred, and will pick up their "date" issue. I just like her better on the Avengers. Classic or new, whatever the case may be.

Now if Frank Cho drew it, I'd be right back in there. :cwink:

I bailed on her during Civil War. I picked it up when Spidey guest starred, and will pick up their "date" issue. I just like her better on the Avengers. Classic or new, whatever the case may be.

Now if Frank Cho drew it, I'd be right back in there. :cwink:
She's being drawn by Sana Takeda, who's one of the best new artists Marvel has picked up recently. War of the Marvels has been a great story. I reccommend it to anyone

Yes let's get a full on Ms. Marvel thread going. I love thus book. I wish Brian Reed was writing more books. And yes the art in this book has been superb.

Jumped in on #41.. i think thats the last issue of the Dark reign arc so i had no idea wat Wolverine, deadpool and Spidey were all doing here. But great story nevertheless, gonna carry on reading Ms marvel

Isn't Carol dead? Or was that just temporary?

Brian Reed is a f**king liar.

What happened?

I read about it, but honestly I forgot. Something that MODOK did I think that preserved after she blew up..or something

I'd actually say the death and resurrection of ms marvel was ******ed. She was dead for what, a month? Maybe two?
Deaths already mean nothing in comics let alone when they pull this crap.

Ll actually her death made sense the way it was done. And she was gone from the book for 4 issues and yes Reed lied and said she is going to be dead, but what was he supposed to do say "I'm killing her and bringing her back in 3 issues" that'd completely ruin the story.

Also her death and return shows how sloppy Osborn has got. He clearly knows dead doesn't always mean dead. The guy can't even kill Spider-Man no matter how hard he tries. What makes him think he could kill Ms. Marvel?

Last edited:
i've liked ms.marvel...i didnt used to like her in the pre disassembled avengers,but ive warmed to her alot..she almost marvels wonder woman.

i've liked ms.marvel...i didnt used to like her in the pre disassembled avengers,but ive warmed to her alot..she almost marvels wonder woman.

Yes!! Thats why i like her even more:yay:

I think she was resurrected too soon as well as there was definetly more that could have been done with Moonstone as the leading star of this title and they didnt really let Carol's death settle as she was still running around alive in New Avengers. They probably could have had her dead for at least a year. But with that said, I cant really complain bc the story has been great and an enjoyable read

I loved Moonstone as much as Ms Marvel... esp when she appears in X-men Legacy and battles Rogue. Man that was awesome

they didnt really let Carol's death settle as she was still running around alive in New Avengers.

Not to defend Bendis, but everything in NA was taking place before she died. New Avengers #49-53 took place in a matter of a day or two.

like how you started that with not to defend Bendis. I thought him and Reed are friends. At least they've cowritten some stuff. They should have coordinated a little better. Her death would have seemed like more if it was actually acknowledged outside of her series.

Not to defend Bendis, but everything in NA was taking place before she died. New Avengers #49-53 took place in a matter of a day or two.
no its not Bendis's fault but Marvel's lack of continuity. Her appearances in NA kind of took away from her death

Her death would have seemed like more if it was actually acknowledged outside of her series.
IA, especially since she wasnt really needed in NA in the past few months

Well in that story(NA 49-53) it was her jet they were using, but thats the only thing that you could even try to claim she needed to be there for, but they could have made it basically anyone elses. Gotta say though I like the way Reed wrote all the guest stars Ms. Marvel.

I loved Moonstone as much as Ms Marvel... esp when she appears in X-men Legacy and battles Rogue. Man that was awesome

If she kicked the **** out of Rogue that is awesome. :woot:

you know throughout the new issue I couldnt help but feel as if
Catherine = Madelyne Pryor; Ms. Marvel = Jean/Phoenix; and New Avengers = The Maurarders
What another great issue. The plot thickens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"