Application: Gods & Men: The Ancient Myths RPG

Johnny Blaze

Freethinker
Reaction score
RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Co-GMs: SuperFerret & Johnny Blaze

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Both of us have MSN (PM for details)

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Kaboom (AGM)

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Ongoing RPG

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):
Gods & Men is a sword and sorcery RPG that takes elements from the D&D/fantasy genre, mixes in some of the myths and legends of old, and is set with the ancient world as the backdrop (Europe, Asia, and Africa). Dozens of old cultures are thrust together in this ancient Earth (in the same vein as the PC game series Civilization), such as the Romans in Italy, Viking/Norsemen in Scandanavia and the North, Egyptians in Northern Africa, the Greeks in (of course) Greece (but still seperated into City-States), the Celts in the British Isles, and a myriad of other ancient cultures, from the Persians to the Nubians. And those are just the human cultures. Many other races live alongside man on the planet, the most notably being elves, dwarves, halflings, and orcs. Players create characters from scratch and will go forth and adventure the lands. Players can even create a character from a race not of the Big Five if they wish (such as a minotaur or goblin), but the race must first be approved by the GMs and racial traits (explained later) must be created.

Characters will be able to form adventurer teams, villainous cabals, theives guilds, cults, churches, they can venture to ancient cities, battle fantastic foes (such as giants, fey creatures, and dragons), explore old ruins and dungeons for amazing treasures and artifacts, save or enslave entire communities, visit the other planes of existance (the Nine Hells, the Shadow Plane, Limbo, etc) (details on the planes will be found in reserved posts in OOC thread)...the adventure possibilities are endless.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): Gods & Men will bring a refreshing change of pace to the many comic-based RPGs, and will bring to the forum a fantasy RPG that has been missing since the old days of the Hype.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Gods & Men: The Ancient Myths RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Gods & Men: The Ancient Myths RPG: SEASON I

Screen Name:

Character you have created (include known alias or nicknames here as well):

Race/Culture (What race is your character, and, if human, what culture does your character hail from, for example is your character Roman, Athenian, Celtic, Norse, Spartan, Persian, etc) (GMs must approve of any race not part of the big 5: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, and Orc):

Racial Traits (traits specific to your race; a list can be found in the second post of the OOC thread) (For races not listed, GMs must create traits for that race first before player approval):

Character Class (Somewhat similar to the classes in the CAH RPG, but with some differences) (Choose One):

Fighter (the quintessential melee masters and weaponed warriors; fighters include soldiers, barbarians, gladiators, martial artists, rangers, and all general warriors)

Mystic (choosing to master The Art over physical tools, Mystics are the practitioners of the arcane; Mystic includes all mages, sorcerers, shamans, divine agents such as clerics, priests, and Celtic Druids, and all other spellcasters)

Rogue (the classic cutthroat, rogues excel at the underhanded arts; rogues include thieves, highwaymen, assassins, smugglers, pickpockets, and general scoundrels)

Paladin (these holy knights are champions of their chosen deity and are able to wield low-level curative magicks to compliment their martial prowess. However they must remain pure and true to their god and their god's doctrine. Any wavering, no matter how minor, will force them to lose favor with their deity and thus lose their spells. Once favor is lost the paladin must seek atonement to regain favor with their divine patron. Evil Paladins are called Blackguards and wield low level necromantic spells instead of curative magic; Paladins cannot be of Neutral alignment)

Minstrel (the wandering bard who spread tales of adventure and courageous deeds, but also adventures themselves; Minstrels are musicians and storytellers who mix the melodious songs from their instruments and/or voice with spells from the Enchantment school of magic)

Psion (the master of mental combat, the psionicists devotes their study to unlocking the mysteries of the mind; Psions include telepaths and telekinetics; a player can only choose one of the two disciplines, not both) (NOTE: Psionics are treated as they are seen in the comic world, but they are not as powerful. So there would be no Xavier level telepaths able to enslave an entire city or communicate with somebody on the other side of the known world, or telekinetics on the level of the Phoenix who can move mountains or topple an entire city in a single act)

Patron Deity (only required for those under the Paladin heading or those who are a priest, cleric, or other divine agent; others may choose one if they wish to flesh out their character more) (Your Patron Deity MUST be from the pantheon significant to your character's culture, I.E. no Odin worshipping Egyptian Priestess):

Magic (if your character is a Mystic, choose one of the following schools of magic to specialize in. NOTE: A player will only be able to cast spells that deal with their school, forsaking all others, so choose carefully) (Descriptions of the schools and notes on magic can be found in a reserved post in the OOC Thread): Necromany, Protection, Elemental, Conjuration, Transformational, Enchantment, Phantasmal, Divination

Speech Color and/or Font (actually say what you're using, i.e. Arial Black; don't go "Like this", or what not):

Character Alignment (Good/Evil/Neutral):

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):

Origin Info/Details (don't be blunt, be as thorough as possible):

Attributes (Select one from each category) (some races are greater or weaker than a human in specific categories and will be noted below or in the racial traits section of the OOC thread):

Strength Level: Weak Human, Normal Human, Peak Human (Dwarves in peak condition are slighty stronger than a man; Elves and Halflings are weaker than a man in peak condition; Orcs are the same)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Weak Human, Normal Human, Peak Human (Elves in peak condition are quicker than a man in peak condition with Halflings being just slightly quicker; Dwarves are slightly slower than a man in peak condition; Orcs are the same)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort/Durability: Weak Human, Normal Human, Peak Human (Dwarves are more sturdy than a man in peak condition; Elves are less durable than a man in peak condition as well as are Halflings; Orcs are slightly more sturdy than a man in peak condition)

Agility: Weak Human, Normal Human, Peak Human (Elves are more agile than a man in peak condition; Halflings are slightly more agile than a man in peak condition; Dwarves are less agile than a man in peak condition; Orcs are the same)

Intelligence: Below Average/Average/Above-Average/Genius/Super-Genius (All non-human character races described above are treated normally, although keep in mind that an Orcish super-genius is a truly unique character):

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Expert/Mastered (Due to their devotion to their arts, Mystics and Psions cannot be Experts or Masters, and Minstrels cannot be Mastered):

Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme

Notable Equipment (Items your character has on them of relevance, such as thieving tools if they're a rogue, holy items if they're a priest, magic weapons and/or armor, magic items, etc; we assume you're character has basic stuff, like rations, waterskin, and a torch or lantern; be as specific as possible as well as realistic as possible, I.E. if your character is carrying a ton of stuff their mobility and endurance will be sorely hindered; also keep in mind that magic items are rare, expensive, and difficult to make) (For ideas for notable equipment, and magic items, check out the link below the app):

Weaknesses (If your character has any specific weakness, such as a vampire's weakness to sunlight (among other things) or a Faerie's weakness to iron, list them here):

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? A Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Describe using proper English grammar what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Sample Post (Minimum Four decent-sized paragraphs containing dialogue):

Addendum to RPG Application if it’s user created

Classes within RPG (if applicable): As seen in the app, there are five classes to choose from and build a character around (Fighter, Mystic, Paladin, Rogue, and Psion)

Character Races within RPG (if Applicable): As also mentioned, the five major races are humans, elves (both good and dark), dwarves, halflings, and orcs. Players can create characters of other races if they choose, but they must be approved by the GMs and racial traits must be made first. Some races (such as demons). and specific monster/character types (such as dragons and gods) won't be allowed as playable characters. Some races/character types though will be considered rare and only one or two (at most) will be allowed as playable in the game at a given time.

Power layout of the game (powers for classes, races, age, height, etc): Powers for classes come in two forms, mystical and psionics. Psionics is the power of the mind (telepathy or telekinetic), and mystical being, of course, magic. The workings of magic will be explained in a reserved post in the OOC thread.
Some races have certain traits that set them apart from ordinary humans (for example, the dwarves ability to see in darkness). These traits, along with information on the characters physical attributes compared to a human, as well as average life-span will be listed in the racial traits post in the OOC thread.

always have to one up me, huh JB?

Sorry dude, I told you we've been working like madmen for weeks.

I'm in, per our agreement, JB.

(I expect byrd's soul to be delivered by dawn... :cmad: )

i guess we'll forget about mine then.

how many charcters do we get to start?

I call Thor.

always have to one up me, huh JB?

It's nothing like that. I feel bad that it seems that way in this case, but, as Ferret said, we've been working like crazy on this for a long time now (at least a month). :csad:

i guess we'll forget about mine then.

how many charcters do we get to start?

I call Thor.

No gods will be allowed, same goes for demons, dragons, and what not. It's all original created characters, be them human, elf, dwarf, halfling, orc, etc.

I'm in, per our agreement, JB.

(I expect byrd's soul to be delivered by dawn... :cmad: )

Aww hell...I don't wanna be taken on a tour of "the brucecave" which is actually your mom's basement.

Aww hell...I don't wanna be taken on a tour of "the brucecave" which is actually your mom's basement.

How dare you. :cmad:

My mother never owned a basement. :(

We need five commited members. If ye be commited, say "aye".

Aye!

so its like CAH but set way back when?

Aye. Now if there's nothing else ye be needing, Byrd be on the stairmaster.

Okay, okay, after some bribing and some flashing from twy, I decided to give this approval.

(SF's gonna kick my ass. :()

so its like CAH but set way back when?

It is in the sense that all characters will be created from scratch (no playing gods, certain creatures, or legendary figures like Sigurd, Hercules, or King Arthur).

We need five commited members. If ye be commited, say "aye".

Aye!

Arr!

...I mean "Aye!" :o

Aye. Now if there's nothing else ye be needing, Byrd be on the stairmaster.

Oh, and "Aye!", and such.

aye...grdgingly so.

And thus, the five first knights declared themselves protectors of the thread. And they shall be known as thus:

Sir Ferret, Lord of Weasels and Master of Magic
Sir Blaze, Lord of the RPG and Explorer of the Planes
Sir Byrd, Lord of the Cavalry and Horsemaster
Sir Kaboom, Lord of Camelot and Bearer of No Hard Feelings (I hope)
and lastly,
Sir Bruce, Lord of Gotham and General Pain in the Ass

And thus, the five first knights declared themselves protectors of the thread. And they shall be known as thus:

Sir Ferret, Lord of Weasels and Master of Magic
Sir Blaze, Lord of the RPG and Explorer of the Planes
Sir Byrd, Lord of the Cavalry and Horsemaster
Sir Kaboom, Lord of Camelot and Bearer of No Hard Feelings (I hope)
and lastly,
Sir Bruce, Lord of Gotham and General Pain in the Ass
nah its still the same general premise i was going for. if i could be named assistant assistant gamemaster for figurehead purposes with no actual power, it would be nice a gesture though.
;)

nah its still the same general premise i was going for. if i could be named assistant assistant gamemaster for figurehead purposes with no actual power, it would be nice a gesture though.

How about this...you can be an AGM with the power to accept apps, adjust the roster, and help mediate differences. Ferret and I will handle the Racial Traits and the like though. Cool? :up:

How about this...you can be an AGM with the power to accept apps, adjust the roster, and help mediate differences. Ferret and I will handle the Racial Traits and the like though. Cool? :up:

Yipee!

i dont know if im smiling bc im drunk or smiling that I'm moving up the ranks from newbie rper to newbie rper with a itty bit of power. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"