• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Aquaman Movie rumour true ? 7/31/06

Peyton Westlake

the Dark Avenger
Reaction score
Aquaman movie really happening?
Posted by Clint Morris on July 31, 2006
aquaman.jpg
According to The Los Angeles Times, TVs “Entourage” – who have been fixing on an illusory “Aquaman” movie for the last season or so – have got Hollywood interested in doing a film version of the comic classic for ‘real’.
As a key plot line in HBO's "Entourage," the "movie" directed by James Cameron shattered box-office records (a feat that got it a real ad in Variety), turned an unheard of actor into a $20-million movie star and sparked a fight over a sequel.
In a strange twist of life imitating art, agent Ari Emmanuel, the strident Endeavor partner on whom "Entourage" agent Ari Gold is based, is the one championing the “Aquaman” movie.
"It's obviously very flattering," says Doug Ellin, the creator of "Entourage" who came up with the "Aquaman" plot. "We sort of made an 'Aquaman' movie a believable possibility."
Though Warners are denying the reports, insiders tell the newspaper that there are indeed conversations taking place about such a movie.
You know what would be even weirder? Adrian Grenier (who plays Vinnie Chase on “Entourage”) scoring the lead role.
I’m not surprised at all. I mean, why wouldn’t they be interested in doing an “Aquaman” movie for real – every other comic seems to be turning celluloid.

Peyton Westlake said:
Aquaman movie really happening?
Posted by Clint Morris on July 31, 2006
aquaman.jpg
According to The Los Angeles Times, TVs “Entourage” – who have been fixing on an illusory “Aquaman” movie for the last season or so – have got Hollywood interested in doing a film version of the comic classic for ‘real’.
As a key plot line in HBO's "Entourage," the "movie" directed by James Cameron shattered box-office records (a feat that got it a real ad in Variety), turned an unheard of actor into a $20-million movie star and sparked a fight over a sequel.
In a strange twist of life imitating art, agent Ari Emmanuel, the strident Endeavor partner on whom "Entourage" agent Ari Gold is based, is the one championing the “Aquaman” movie.
"It's obviously very flattering," says Doug Ellin, the creator of "Entourage" who came up with the "Aquaman" plot. "We sort of made an 'Aquaman' movie a believable possibility."
Though Warners are denying the reports, insiders tell the newspaper that there are indeed conversations taking place about such a movie.
You know what would be even weirder? Adrian Grenier (who plays Vinnie Chase on “Entourage”) scoring the lead role.
I’m not surprised at all. I mean, why wouldn’t they be interested in doing an “Aquaman” movie for real – every other comic seems to be turning celluloid.
I hope so.

My main problem is that Adrian Grenier:

Adrian%20Grenier-3.jpg

Doesn't exactly look like King Aurthur:

aquaman.jpg

Although, on second thought, cut his hair and dye it blond, and he wouldn't be far off.

The Question said:
My main problem is that Adrian Grenier:

Adrian%20Grenier-3.jpg

Doesn't exactly look like King Aurthur:

aquaman.jpg

Although, on second thought, cut his hair and dye it blond, and he wouldn't be far off.

You are not serious. Please tell me you are not serious.

keatonisbatman said:
You are not serious. Please tell me you are not serious.

Why? He isn't my first choice, but this wouldn't be the first time someone is chosen for a role, and people start doubting how they'll portray a character, without actually seeing their performance with their own two eyes first. Then suddenly they're blown away by it.

An Aquaman film could work. There are PLENTY of great choices, who could deliver Arthur justice. There also seems to be a fanbase circling around the character, with whatever it is he's involved with. Be it the "Mercy Reef" pilot being the number one downloadable video on the net. Or the imaginitive plot of making a film believable, with the story in Entourage.

Either way, it's nice to see people are realizing that a film can be a possibility. And that they're taking the "serious" approach, rather than making the character a complete laughing stock. Troy under water. That's always the way I've imagined it.

I see Aquaman being more like King Aurthur meets Robin Hood with a bit of Tarzan. The king to be is exiled as a baby, and spends his youth traveling the world. For a while, he lives with and is raised by Aurthur Curry, a lighthouse keeper, and goes out on his own again when Curry dies. When he finds Atlantis, he sees that the throne has been taken over by a corrupt king, and soon discovers from Vulko, another outcast, that he is in fact the heir aparent to the throne. The then organizes a band of rebels to retake Atlantis.

It would be interesting to see just how they would go about telling his origin. I think an Aquaman film could work but it depends on what kind of scale they choose. For some reason its always expensive to film a movie in or around the ocean, so I would hope DC chooses a decent budget if they decide to go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"