Are Goyer And The Nolan Brothers Taking On To Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyanaida

Civilian
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: IGN has heard from reliable sources that Tull is downplaying this report. Goyer is in fact on the project, but not only that -- his The Dark Knight co-writer Jonah Nolan will also be scripting Superman: The Man of Steel along with him. Nolan's brother Christopher is expected to only executive-produce, and not direct, the film. That said, he will be "hands-on" as a producer. Since the Superman film is under the gun because of the ongoing legal entanglements involving the property, Warner Bros. wants the pair to get started on their script on the double.

Our sources add that Warners is confident in the early work that Goyer and Jonah Nolan have done so far on Batman 3, and that as a result Superman has now taken on a higher priority status at the studio than it had since Superman Returns was released.

I'm afraid tdk 2 or j.b Superman will suffer because lack of focus

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1071879p1.html

Theyll be fine. Nolan could make good Bat movie in his sleep.

Exactly, writers multitask all the time. And according to IESB they already have a first draft for Batman 3 and The Man of Steel so these projects are further along than we think.

No I dont think their taking on too much

But I just dont understand their involvment

yea i doubt they are unfocused. Batman 3 as it seems has a good draft set to go. So probably wont be going through to many rewrites. Plus if filming isnt happening to late this yr/early next year plently of time to also work on superman. Plus who knows how many others may have a hand in reworking the script or when superman reboot will shoot.

What kind of question is this?
Of course not~
J Nolan and Goyver have already turned in their first draft... The story is there. Now all they need is tweaking and I'm pretty sure that won't take much time.

Once the final draft is in, it's locked and ready to film.
There's nothing more for J Nolan and Goyer to do on Batman 3.
They can then start work on Man of Steel and concentrate fully on that.

If the rumours are true they've been signed since late 2008, which means they've had over a year to do the script for the third batman film. Considering goyer wrote begins in 2 months I think he'll be fine, not to mention if they need help they'll definately get it.

totally we dont know how long they were at batman 3 script before the news came out draft is in and liked.

I hope this is true, if Jonah Nolan is there to help I can see him phasing out any cheesy diaglogue that Goyer will use.

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: IGN has heard from reliable sources that Tull is downplaying this report. Goyer is in fact on the project, but not only that -- his The Dark Knight co-writer Jonah Nolan will also be scripting Superman: The Man of Steel along with him. Nolan's brother Christopher is expected to only executive-produce, and not direct, the film. That said, he will be "hands-on" as a producer. Since the Superman film is under the gun because of the ongoing legal entanglements involving the property, Warner Bros. wants the pair to get started on their script on the double.

Our sources add that Warners is confident in the early work that Goyer and Jonah Nolan have done so far on Batman 3, and that as a result Superman has now taken on a higher priority status at the studio than it had since Superman Returns was released.

I'm afraid tdk 2 or j.b Superman will suffer because lack of focus

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1071879p1.html

How so ?
Explain why you think there Batman 3 or MOS will suffer from a lack of focus

I wouldn't mind if Goyer and the Nolan brothers were involved in EVERY DC property in some way that the WB wants to put on the big screen.

well i dont think they need to work on every character. Each should have the best suited folks working for them. But the producers/directors should all have talks with each other to see if they can/will make it a more shared film universe or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"