• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christopher Nolan Meeting With Directorial Candidates

Nolan is not going to give us everything he has planned for this film storywise.....if Zod is in the film....he most certainly will NOT be the main baddie!

Count on it!

I trust the Nolans, Goyer and Emma FAR MORE than you Snyder haters! LOL

Easily....

BTW, Where is Showy and Jamie?

I have literally lost all interest in this movie reboot now.

You better watch what you say, Aesop! Dark Knight, Captain of the Snyder-Nazis is coming to get you! HIDE YOUR CHILDRENS!

Well, I've seen pieces of the crapfests, sure. But I don't make a point to devote a couple hours of my life to one until I've heard enough reports that it's good first. Also, the theater I work at is an independent/foreign movie theater, so in general, less crapfests, more underseen gems. But yes, crapfests are somewhat unavoidable.

I want your job :| Seriously, that's one of the best places to work for. I wouldn't mind 10 crapfests if that is backed by at least ONE gem :) Keep up the magic. Theaters rule.

Well, I hope you guys like slow motion.

:awesome:

My heart dropped when I saw Snyder's name on the main page.

One can only hope that Nolan is literally holding his hand the entire way through this production.

Yeah same thing happened to me - but I'm having good thoughts on Snyder now. He just might be able to pull it off - the man adapted THE WATCHMEN. Speaking of which, this will be his first comic film that isn't a direct-adaptation (or is it?) Any thoughts on that?

Weren't Showy and Jamie always telling me that Zack Snyder will NEVER wind up directing a Superman film and to forget about it?? Ooops!

To be fair to those two - that's me from last week :whatever:

pls no zod!!! this is mistake. sure it won't ruin the film entirely, but all the fans decided on metallo brainiac and lex already. fans spoke, and wanted to move on from donnerverse including no zod again :(

Well, here's this: Zack Snyder told Variety that Brandon Routh "isnt likely to don the red and blue tights again", in case you thought otherwise

slashfilm

Zack Snyder told Variety that Brandon Routh "isnt likely to don the red and blue tights again", in case you thought otherwise
1 minute ago via Tweetie for Mac
Retweeted by you and 4 others

A Nolan-written, Jon Hamm starring, Matt Reeves directed Superman movie had a lot of my attention.

I want your job :| Seriously, that's one of the best places to work for. I wouldn't mind 10 crapfests if that is backed by at least ONE gem :) Keep up the magic. Theaters rule.
Well, considering I have a Film and Television degree, I was hoping to have steady editing work by now, but considering I'm stuck working at a theater, I have to say the theater I work for is a pretty great place to be stuck at. :woot:

In my search for silver lining on this choice, I did come up with a pleasant thought (for me): Snyder's taste in leading men is definitely something I approve of. Between Gerard Butler, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Patrick Wilson and Jon Hamm, I'm much less concerned about getting a 25-year-old Superboy for Superman now. So that's a good thing.

Wow! Snyder, great choice! Well,haters gonehaen, buthe is the directornow, and nothing can change that. For me, behind the great action hecan work well with the drama and the character plots. with Nolan guidance, this ne movie have big chances to be epic. utim worried about the return of Zod, because with they really link with Donner movies (again) why not follow up the Superman Returns history? and how the put Zod back?

I can't believe they chose Snyder over Robert Zemeckis, Matt Reeves, and Darron Arronfonsky. I really CANNOT believe it. Heck, I would've preferred Ben Affleck.

I can't believe they chose Snyder over Robert Zemeckis, Matt Reeves, and Darron Arronfonsky. I really CANNOT believe it. Heck, I would've preferred Ben Affleck.

Your avatar was pretty much the exact same reaction I had when I first heard the news. :awesome:

Nolan is the only thing keeping me interested now.

How will this be any different than when they had McG, or Brett Ratner?

So now that we have Snyder for Superman, what are the chances that one of the other directors will go on to direct The Flash?

I would have chosen Duncan Jones or Darren Aronofsky from the reported list of candidates, but honestly there wasn't a terrible choice among them. I suppose we can trust that Christopher Nolan knows what he's doing, so I'm alright with Snyder. He must have knocked it out of the park during his interview.

Have you thought that maybe some of these cats (or others) may have indeed been offered or talked to about the project...but turned it down?

:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"