The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan Is Doing Batman 3!!!

@cjmcrayTrue, but there was a lot of studio interference with SM3 which is not really present with BB3 (as far as we know and logic takes us). I think WB is giving Nolan free reign to do as he pleases at this point, so we will (hopefully) not have a SM3 situation.

Do you really want to see Crazy Quilt as a villain worth seeing in a Batman film? :dry:

Mr. Freeze even when he was cheesy, had potential, and it showed. Crazy Quilt, what the hell could you do with that? His wife couldn't afford the materials to make them quilts to stay warm, she froze to death, he hand made the costume himself and exacts revenge on the rich because they can afford better quilts?

:woot: I "LOLed" (if you will).

Do you really want to see Crazy Quilt as a villain worth seeing in a Batman film? :dry:

Mr. Freeze even when he was cheesy, had potential, and it showed. Crazy Quilt, what the hell could you do with that? His wife couldn't afford the materials to make them quilts to stay warm, she froze to death, he hand made the costume himself and exacts revenge on the rich because they can afford better quilts?

I nearly spat my drink out laughing when I read this :funny:

Just sayin' what will happen if the movie disappoints. Raimi was a god with fanboys before SM3 and then he found a nice spot under the bus thanks to SM3. If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone including the almighty Nolan. :hehe:

Difference being Nolan's is going to get sweet f-all interference from WB.

Yeah, Nolan mentioned that he had a problem with one of the Batman 3 storylines Jonah pitched to him. That comment had me worried.

One of the reasons Spider-Man 3 failed is because they couldn't agree on the villains and story.
Dude, Jonah and Chris argue about story points ALL THE TIME. Jonah claimed in an interview for The Prestige that the scripts are always better when they've had a good argument over everything that's in it. :funny: Having two stubborn, headstrong writers working on it automatically makes it stronger because it has to be up to snuff for both of them.

OMG really? That's amazing. :lmao:

You could do a L&O-like thing for something like that, where the guy's just so mentally unbalanced it's pitiful.

One of the reasons Spider-Man 3 failed is because they couldn't agree on the villains and story.

The main difference between SM-3's production woes and BB3 is that with the former, both the producers and the studio insisted on all these story changes and character additions. However, the main producer of these Bat-movies has been his wife Emma Thomas and himself, which gives him much more creative freedom than working under Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Amy Pascal. Being his wife, I'm positive Emma supports her husband's decisions wholeheartedly (with the occasional disagreement or argument I'm sure) while keeping the productions on schedule.

As for C. and J. Nolan arguing over story points, that's normal with any other writing process. You have to figure out what's best for the story, work it through to see if it works and try another way if the previous one doesn't click.

lol i made this a while back
crazyquilit.jpg

Freeze has become one of the best Batman villains and of course Quilt is nowhere near his level, but i'm in a Silver Age mood lately and i wouldnt mind seeing some more colourful villains. Enough with the ****ing mob!
lol i made this a while back
crazyquilit.jpg
:lmao:

Firstly, the name Crazy Quilt will not arrant and seriousness for the character. How can you make a villain with that name serious? It's best not to do it at all.

So Joker, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Man-Bat, Two-Face are all good names to be taken serious?

Oh theres plenty of others i'd like to see before Quilt, but you're the one with the negative assumptions.

Kevin Smith did a good example of where Quilt being a loser as he is, tried to make himself serious and became a serious killer who collected eyes. It's downright hilarious how a loser tries to become serious. With Gotham being now more freaks with Scarecrow, Joker... It's only a matter of time for masked vigilante and villain losers to come around, like the Batman fakes.

I'm sorry, I can't take a name like Crazy Quilt seriously. It has the word quilt in it. That just makes it laughable. He was originally created in the silver age with a cheesy gimmick. Joker from his creation was meant to be an insane killer, Two-Face started out as a man who struggled with duality, Mr. Freeze was cheesy, but people don't think too hard about thos enames. They heaer it and they run with it. When I say "Crazy Quilt" they go WTF? or chuckle. Sorry for the negative attitude, but I can't take a guy who has a name like Crazy Quilt seriously.

Crazy Quilt collects eyes! Oh, scary, but he's still called Crazy Quilt. I get the idea of a loser trying to be insane, but it's too much to do.

I would rather shoot myself in the head than see the most insane human in the world dress like a quilt. I mean seriously he would have to be some sort of psycho right?

Maybe he is a mass murderer who take part of the people he murders clothes and makes a quilt out of it.

But seriously crazy quilt FTL.

I'm sorry, I can't take a name like Crazy Quilt seriously. It has the word quilt in it. That just makes it laughable. He was originally created in the silver age with a cheesy gimmick. Joker from his creation was meant to be an insane killer, Two-Face started out as a man who struggled with duality, Mr. Freeze was cheesy, but people don't think too hard about thos enames. They heaer it and they run with it. When I say "Crazy Quilt" they go WTF? or chuckle. Sorry for the negative attitude, but I can't take a guy who has a name like Crazy Quilt seriously.

And thus actions speak louder then words. You talk about Joker being a killer and whatnot. So why not wait and see what Crazy Quilt does? Actions speak louder then words. I like to repeat that to get my message thru. I mean anyone here can find X or Y villain lame for their limited knowledge, and here you find Quilt lame because of the name and thus you don't wanna see him getting progress or treatment that Mr. Freeze for example was given, but you choose to ignore him.

Crazy Quilt collects eyes! Oh, scary, but he's still called Crazy Quilt. I get the idea of a loser trying to be insane, but it's too much to do.

Theres lots of ways to go with characters really. From comical to grimdark to edgy-seriousness.

Not for long :hehe:

How's that? The band was created in 1992 and they split like 2- months ago. Their world wide sales is astronomical and they've a load of good songs and hits. So...

I've got a feeling that Jonah controls the script more than Chris does. Chris gets in and suggests/ corrects stuff so he can make it perfect.

This is by far the stupidest argument I have ever heard.

Freeze was your typical mad scientist, who had a gimmick.

Crazy quilt is your typical badly created camp villain. He is so gimmicky it is impossible to take him seriously.

I've got a feeling that Jonah controls the script more than Chris does. Chris gets in and suggests/ corrects stuff so he can make it perfect.

Well, Chris and David came up with the story outline for Jonah to work with (so he has more control of the story from the outset). Jonah just has to stay on the outline and not veer too far away from what's established. I wouldn't be surprised for the two to start rewriting each others' drafts after Chris finishes up Inception, and then combine the best elements of them.

Freeze was your typical mad scientist, who had a gimmick.

Crazy quilt is your typical badly created camp villain. He is so gimmicky it is impossible to take him seriously.

Says you. I say different.

Apples and Oranges. Kevin Smith made him serious but still made him a loser character which he is. Is he a villain that is to be taken serious? Is a Man dressed up as a Bat to be taken serious? Matter of perspective.

Crazy Quilt was covertly re imagined as the child-killing Raggedyman in the otherwise crap Arkham Reborn miniseries. It did make the same costume theme seem rather creepy, though the character was unrelated.

But that wasn't the same character. Or was there some reference i missed out?

No, the character was unrelated, but it was a clear enough attempt to give the same gimmick a more disturbing realisation.

Well it worked for the story with Jeremiah. Shame you didn't like it tho. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"