• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Nolan Mulling Batman 3

I think Nolan will probably do The Prisoner next and then decide to do the 3rd Bat film if they come up with another great story and have it be released in 2011.
I'm really hoping for The Prisoner or The Exec.

Some people are down right nuts if they think that there's nothing left to make another Batman movie (and make it great). Some things that might be a good ideas are:

*Escalation - Yup again. Sure Batman might have inspired Gothem's good people but what about The Joker inspiring its bad people or even just being a marketable figure. Look at real life society, Charles Manson T-shirts, Ted Bundy trading cards ect. Even copycat killers.

*Money gone bad - If Bruce Wayne is money behind helping Gothem maybe Ozzie Cobblepot is new money coming in trying to over take and fix Gothem's underworld into one big unit. There are no more gangs but one mob run by the Penguin. He would also make legit money while attacking Bruce Wayne.

*Tech vs. tech - Batman could use gadgets galore in the next movie in a tech battle with Mr. Freise. Freise doesn't need to be a semi robot but more of a scientist using liquid nitrogen. I also wouldn't mind a battle suit more along the look of Ridley in Aliens. The self containment could be more of something of the mind than being trapped in a suit.

Also with Rachel dead, maybe now would be good to bring in another childhood friend... Tommy Elliot.

I'm incredibly confused over this whole thing.

When BB was first announced, I recall reading that it was part of a planned trilogy. I'm pretty sure that Nolan himself had said as much, and I remember reading that much of the main cast was contracted for 3 movies.

Now, however, he's claiming that he didn't originally intend to even make TDK and is uncertain as to whether or not he wants to make a third movie.

What's the deal? Was the trilogy thing just a mistaken assumption or what?

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are contracted for three Batman films...

Christopher Nolan isn't.

I think people took the actor's obligation and thusly assumed it would be a trilogy...which it sort of is in a way at least from the actor's position.

But Nolan had no intention of doing "The Dark Knight" until he came up with the right story that he wanted to tell (with help from both David and Jonah) and that's the exact same case right now.

Until Nolan says otherwise, it's all speculation and wishful thinking...

Will there be a 3rd Bat-Film with the aforementioned cast? Yes.

Will it be helmed by Nolan? Only he and time will answer that.

CFE

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are contracted for three Batman films...

Christopher Nolan isn't.

I think people took the actor's obligation and thusly assumed it would be a trilogy...which it sort of is in a way at least from the actor's position.

But Nolan had no intention of doing "The Dark Knight" until he came up with the right story that he wanted to tell (with help from both David and Jonah) and that's the exact same case right now.

Until Nolan says otherwise, it's all speculation and wishful thinking...

Will there be a 3rd Bat-Film with the aforementioned cast? Yes.

Will it be helmed by Nolan? Only he and time will answer that.

CFE

Directors aren't contractually obligated to franchises whereas actors are which explains the whole Bale/Oldman/Caine thing.

However, you guys need to start reading b/w the lines a bit. Officially, the word is Nolan was "convinced" to come back for TDK and never intended a sequel. But there is something which implies that a trilogy was the original intent when formulation on BB began.

Goyer has let slip in interviews during BB that 3 films were planned. He's now done a 180 and claims that they never intended sequels. If you've listened to Nolan during interviews his #1 rule if you will is that people know as little as possible. Goyers sudden change in tone wreaks of Nolan trying to keep a lid on things.

So I think a trilogy was planned from the days when Nolan pitched his idea for Batman to WB and I expect the same creative team to return and produce Batman 3.

But don't worry I'm gonna find these posts of people saying Nolan won't return or him returning is speculation or wishful thinking and repost them when Nolan is officially announced as returning to direct.

I'm incredibly confused over this whole thing.

When BB was first announced, I recall reading that it was part of a planned trilogy. I'm pretty sure that Nolan himself had said as much, and I remember reading that much of the main cast was contracted for 3 movies.

Now, however, he's claiming that he didn't originally intend to even make TDK and is uncertain as to whether or not he wants to make a third movie.

What's the deal? Was the trilogy thing just a mistaken assumption or what?

A large percentage of the whole 'trilogy' thing I believe has been misinterpreted, I don't ever recall anyone coming out and stating this is going to be a 3-film series, or more specifically, Nolan coming out and saying he's got 3 films in mind. As was mentioned above, the actors were signed for three films, but that doesn't mean 3 films would get made, it happens all the time, its the nature of the business. What staggers me is the people who refuse to believe Nolan when he says he does films one at a time and that Dark Knight wasn't guaranteed to be made in the first place. Are people saying Nolan is a liar? I don't know, all I know is until Nolan comes out and says 'Yes we planned a 3-film Batman series', everything else is just fan speculation.

^^ Exactly, and if Nolan doesn't want to continue, then so be it.... life goes on, can't get any better than TDK anyway.

Nolan will be back, he's a storyteller after all. He needs to finish this, and quite frankly, he probably knows WB will move on without him anyway, and knowing him, he won't want his baby screwed up - unless it's Jonah directing with Chris producing.

Let the man breathe, he just delivered one outstanding film that's not only a huge hit critically, but is the #2 box office hit domestically.

I personally think he will be back. I mean...i think at this point he knows the world he has created and knows what he can do with it. He also knows that there are MANY places you can take this world. People that say the end of TDK is definitive...wrong. It could end there...but man there's so much left tor resolve. I really think not making a third would be a travesty. But give the man time.....let them figure out the RIGHT script and then announce it. My gosh, it's been a month only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"