Are your kids wimpy pansies? Here's why!

AnimeJune

Sidekick
Reaction score
Massachusetts school bans tag: http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/061018/K101802U.html

Argh! Tag? What kind of hyperactive idiot parent would sue a school over TAG? Honestly, what kinds of injuries could you get during tag that could damage you permanently?

Also, some of my friends studying Education have been discouraged from marking kids' papers with red pen, because red pen is a "hard colour that makes kids feel bad".

Honestly, this ticks me off - kids aren't made of glass. I personally think that all these hypersafe measures are doing damage instead of the opposite. Kids need to learn that the world isn't a happy-fun-place. They need to get scraped and bruised and feelings-hurt while they're still resilient enough to rebound with a little more experience than before.

Honestly, what do you guys think about the current situation of child-rearing and teaching? Do you find it reasonable or smothering?

AnimeJune said:
Massachusetts school bans tag: http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/061018/K101802U.html

Argh! Tag? What kind of hyperactive idiot parent would sue a school over TAG? Honestly, what kinds of injuries could you get during tag that could damage you permanently?

Also, some of my friends studying Education have been discouraged from marking kids' papers with red pen, because red pen is a "hard colour that makes kids feel bad".

Honestly, this ticks me off - kids aren't made of glass. I personally think that all these hypersafe measures are doing damage instead of the opposite. Kids need to learn that the world isn't a happy-fun-place. They need to get scraped and bruised and feelings-hurt while they're still resilient enough to rebound with a little more experience than before.

Honestly, what do you guys think about the current situation of child-rearing and teaching? Do you find it reasonable or smothering?

Next on the list of ban games Duck Duck Goose, Simon Says, Hide and Go Seek.

These are the same people that want to ban dodgeball and peanut butter.

Somewhere, Ben' O Reily is laughing.

This is so sad. Childhood just died a little.

We should ban tag, that game is barbaric and dangerous to our children. I swear, I saw a kid lose an eye because he tagged him in the face. The threat is real people, this is no game.

comicgirl said:
These are the same people that want to ban dodgeball and peanut butter.
Now, now - the peanut butter thing is a little more reasonable, then again, this is coming from someone who has a fatal nut allergy.

I remember at highschool, there was one girl who was fatally allergic to kiwi, so we couldn't even use kiwi-scented bodylotion.

tag was so fun, those bastards, what next? putting bubble tape everywhere????

When it comes down to it, blame lawyers and the insurance companies and the parents who are willing to sue over every scratch and bite their child gets.

No school board wants to explain to parents why they had to shell out $3 million because some kid broke his arm because he fell down in a game of tag.

er, i blame judges who rule FOR litigations like these instead of kicking the lawyers in the balls for wasting court's times.

Man, I hope my kids get hurt playing at recess when they go to school. They may learn some life lessons from it. Part of being a kid is getting hurt in stupid ways. I'll be damned if I didn't run into a couple of tetherball poles playing football during recess, and I turned out just fine!

I remember I used to ride my bike off hills and get all types of cut and bruises, ban bicycle riding!!

PyroProductions said:
Man, I hope my kids get hurt playing at recess when they go to school. They may learn some life lessons from it. Part of being a kid is getting hurt in stupid ways. I'll be damned if I didn't run into a couple of tetherball poles playing football during recess, and I turned out just fine!

Self-diagnoses aren't usually that reliable.

AnimeJune said:
Now, now - the peanut butter thing is a little more reasonable, then again, this is coming from someone who has a fatal nut allergy.

I remember at highschool, there was one girl who was fatally allergic to kiwi, so we couldn't even use kiwi-scented bodylotion.
lol, "fatal nut allergy" sounds funny.
And boy would that be a lame death.

I racked myself on my bike when I was 10 years old... if only I could have sued my balls for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :o

I tripped and fell while walking, but it wasn't my fault because I was being supervised. :whatever:

War Lord said:
Self-diagnoses aren't usually that reliable.

Yeah, well I'm a psyc major, so I trust my own opinion :up:! Not that I would reccomend it for anyone elses kids...

its getting beyond the joke, some time later year the british goverment wants schools to stop sports altogether because losing a game could damage a childs mind, though if they insisited on playing then no scores could be kept or winner or losers

:rolleyes:

seriously with all the danger we grew up with how did we survive

PyroProductions said:
Yeah, well I'm a psyc major, so I trust my own opinion :up:! Not that I would reccomend it for anyone elses kids...

Because having a psych major automatically equals real world experiance and a doctorate. :o

"Now, now - the peanut butter thing is a little more reasonable, then again, this is coming from someone who has a fatal nut allergy."

I would make a joke here...but i'm a good guy...lol

BlackHardKnight said:
Next on the list of ban games Duck Duck Goose, Simon Says, Hide and Go Seek.

If it weren't for Simon Says maybe Hitler and Castro wouldn't have gotten a taste for dictatorship.

Duck Duck Goose promotes segregation and discrimination. Who's to say that a "duck" should be treated any differently than a "goose"? :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"