DC TV Series Arkham Asylum: A Serious Show on Serious HBO Max

Very excited about this series! The potential to show case some great villains…. Ventriloquist, Calendar Man. What a W

I’m so excited! Arkham City and ….Gotham :D reminded me how much I love seeing villains interact with each other, and Bat-villains are probably the best for this. Just wondering how much freedom the show will have to do what it likes with the villains, particularly the more high profile ones and the ones that might already have existing versions in other projects.

Fantastic news !

If Batman is in this, I’m even more excited for this than the sequel.

It’s the perfect way to give us Batman/Joker content without feeling repetitive. If he was the main villain of the sequel, I think people would feel burnt out but this is going to feel fresh. I really can’t wait to get a full unobscured look at Keoghan as Joker.

Gunn's answers don't track with what Reeves has said in the past. This was 100% intended to be a Reevesverse show at some point.

Gunn's answers don't track with what Reeves has said in the past. This was 100% intended to be a Reevesverse show at some point.
Yeah, this is 100% at least a little bit of an effort at minimizing Elseworlds stuff. I don't really believe Gunn that he's particularly interested in or okay with doing Elseworlds projects, I just don't think he has the power to fully cancel them because Reeves/Phillips are wildly more successful at WB than he is on a financial level. It's a purely cynical branding/control thing.

Yeah, this is 100% at least a little bit of an effort at minimizing Elseworlds stuff. I don't really believe Gunn that he's particularly interested in or okay with doing Elseworlds projects, I just don't think he has the power to fully cancel them because Reeves/Phillips are wildly more successful at WB than he is on a financial level. It's a purely cynical branding/control thing.
Thing is, for Elseworlds stuff, those creatives don't even have to answer to him, right? Gunn's thing is DC Studios specifically, but things like Joker 2, the Reeves-verse, or even potential stuff like Constantine 2, I imagine that falls more under WBD than DC Studios. Hypothetically, if Gunn said he wasn't into the idea of a Joker 2, he's not gonna be able to overrule studio heads who say 'Yeah, this movie made a billion and won two Oscars. If Todd wants a sequel, he gets a sequel.'

Thing is, for Elseworlds stuff, those creatives don't even have to answer to him, right? Gunn's thing is DC Studios specifically, but things like Joker 2, the Reeves-verse, or even potential stuff like Constantine 2, I imagine that falls more under WBD than DC Studios. Hypothetically, if Gunn said he wasn't into the idea of a Joker 2, he's not gonna be able to overrule studio heads who say 'Yeah, this movie made a billion and won two Oscars. If Todd wants a sequel, he gets a sequel.'
Gunn said that's not the case and that those projects still fall under him. Joker 2 is a bit more murky because that was already deep in pre production when Gunn took over, but everything else going forward (Including The Batman Part ll, which barely even began writing when Gunn took over as CEO) is only under him and Safran.

I think if you look at an org chart, then yes, they technically would. But, since they were green lit by others, the reality is that Gunn's power over them is limited.

I think if you look at an org chart, then yes, they technically would. But, since they were green lit by others, the reality is that Gunn's power over them is limited.
I think that's only true for stuff that was already deep in pre production. Stuff that doesn't even have script have to go through Gunn and yeah he does have a ton of power over that. Would he have enough power to cancel The Batman Part ll outright? Probably not but part of the reason he got hired is probably because he wouldn't do dumb **** like that! Especially since he was a fan of The Batman and has been a fan of Matt for ages.

As usual its a wait and see scenario for me.
Thats all it is at the moment.
I cant really be happy or so until i have more to go with.
There is not much else to do, speculating etc will not change that.

Gunn confuses people a bit uneccessary, but i care mainly just for the final result.

The situation between Gunn and Reeves was always going to come into conflict.

The situation between Gunn and Reeves was always going to come into conflict.
Some of you are desperate for this kind of stuff and i dont get why.
If its not either getting upset that Gunn debunks fake scoopers, then you make up scenarios about how things allegedly go etc.

And im really not sure why some are so hellbent on Drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"