DC TV Series 'The Batman' Gotham TV Spinoff at HBO Max

Much as I really enjoyed Gotham, particularly a lot of the cast, this sounds like a major evolution of what that series could be, and being on a streaming service and born out of The Batman gives it much more potential than Gotham realistically could have had, being a world set pre-Batman.

Plus, it's Matt Reeves and Terence Winter. Those two names alone got me on board. I still don't have HBO Max or any streaming service yet, but between this and Zack Snyder's Justice League on the way, yeah I just may open up my wallet for it.

Matt Reeves: "Dammit, Keaton's return is taking all our publicity! We need something... " :thf:

Matt Reeves: "Dammit, Keaton's return is taking all our publicity! We need something... " :thf:

Coming soon: "Matt Reeves Announces Michael Keaton Will Join Cast of Gotham Central as Commissioner Loeb"

Hopefully they will take some inspiration from brilliant the Gotham Central comics. I'm looking forward to this as it will expand on the Gotham lore that Matt Reeves has created and that Reeves will be heavily involve in this show.

Gotham had some very cool things going on but it was mostly trash. While I would surely be interested in seeing a better version of it I don't like the idea of having another go so soon. Not while there are so many other and more interesting things they could focus in the DC universe or even in the Batman universe.

So apparently Matt Reeves was in a coma the last month and half, if he thinks a copgangda show is the way to go right now. Read the ****ing room man.

So apparently Matt Reeves was in a coma the last month and half, if he thinks a copgangda show is the way to go right now. Read the ****ing room man.
I mean, there's every chance that this show is an indictment on corruption within the system of policing, much like how Watchmen wound up being an indictment on white supremacy in that same system. Especially with someone like Winter at the helm.

I mean, there's every chance that this show is an indictment on corruption within the system of policing, much like how Watchmen wound up being an indictment on white supremacy in that same system. Especially with someone like Winter at the helm.
If that is the case, there really shouldn't be any "good cops". Because with Watchmen, you couldn't work inside the system to "fix" anything. There was no cleaning up. You either are a part of the problem, or you aren't. If they are going to make a show about dismantling the GCPD, that sounds interesting. But I don't get the impression that is what the show is going to be about. More like the good cops in the sewage, which you know just enforces the existence of the "bad cops". One of my favorite things about Nolan's Batman is the handling of Gordon, and showing him as a part of the problem.

UnnaturalWealthyEyra-size_restricted.gif

I only watched the first and last seasons of Gotham, and found them ok.

A bot of a tonal whiplash tho.

I'll watch this. If I can.

The show does sound like what Gotham should have been and could be cool to have references to Pattinson's Batman and characters from the film as the world builds up.

If we get a film trilogy plus multiple seasons of show being connected, it could be a fantastic cinematic universe

If that is the case, there really shouldn't be any "good cops". Because with Watchmen, you couldn't work inside the system to "fix" anything. There was no cleaning up. You either are a part of the problem, or you aren't. If they are going to make a show about dismantling the GCPD, that sounds interesting. But I don't get the impression that is what the show is going to be about. More like the good cops in the sewage, which you know just enforces the existence of the "bad cops". One of my favorite things about Nolan's Batman is the handling of Gordon, and showing him as a part of the problem.
Winter took a 500+ page self-indulgent memoir about a wall-street *****e and turned it into a take-down of opportunistic capitalists and excess, and his work on Sopranos was incredibly nuanced too. If this was a network TV show, then I definitely would be worried on it being copaganda, but I'd be very surprised if that's the kind of show that this creative team wanted to make, especially with how seismic of an impact recent events have had on how we view media portrayals of law enforcement agents.

I hope it's nothing like Gotham TBH. Been there.
It looks like DC/WB are taking another page from Marvel/Disney in regards to world building though.
Definitely not a bad thing.

Winter took a 500+ page self-indulgent memoir about a wall-street *****e and turned it into a take-down of opportunistic capitalists and excess, and his work on Sopranos was incredibly nuanced too. If this was a network TV show, then I definitely would be worried on it being copaganda, but I'd be very surprised if that's the kind of show that this creative team wanted to make, especially with how seismic of an impact recent events have had on how we view media portrayals of law enforcement agents.
Intentions are one thing. How they play out, another.

Of course it didn't take long for the lazy, faux outrage takes on a police procedural to rear their heads. Just wait until they also start rallying for Reeves to include an episode where the GCPD gets defunded. Hell, I'm a person of color and have no problem with this sort of show or premise whatsoever.

Something like this is timely, especially starring Jeffrey Wright's Gordon. Racism could easily and logically be part of the corruption in the GCPD, but if people already start screeching about another police show- that hasn't even gone into production at all- to be taken off the air, they're more than welcome to watch reruns of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on mute.

Just what the worlds needs: more cop shows. Yawn

At the moment...not that excited about this. Another Gotham show where they cant have Batman/Bruce and likely wont be able to use any of his famous villains. Give me a BATMAN show or hell, a Catwoman show or Nightwing. Lets get something new instead of the same old.

Of course it didn't take long for the lazy, faux outrage takes on a police procedural to rear their heads. Just wait until they also start rallying for Reeves to include an episode where the GCPD gets defunded. Hell, I'm a person of color and have no problem with this sort of show or premise whatsoever.
It's best to ignore those people as they're a very small group that think their opinions are always right no matter and they're desperate to be seen as someone who has a moral high ground. The fact that someone would automatically dismiss a show that's in development as copaganda without knowing the full details of the show and not seeing the final product says more about that person than the show itself. The faux outrage group don't speak for what an average tv viewer want so we shouldn't take them seriously at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"