DC TV Series 'The Batman' Gotham TV Spinoff at HBO Max

I forgot about this. But thinking about it now, DC/WB will have what? 4/5 different universes going on at one time?

CW-verse
Titans
Doom Patrol

That Suicide Squad spin off thats part of the "DCEU" proper
The Batman-verse w/ Gotham PD
Aren't Titans and Doom Patrol in the same universe? They shared an episode..

In any case, WB can do this and just say multiverse. If they ever need to merge shows, or even split them, they can.

Aren't Titans and Doom Patrol in the same universe? They shared an episode..

In any case, WB can do this and just say multiverse. If they ever need to merge shows, or even split them, they can.

They are in different continuities per the DP Exec.Prodc.

Titans DP is a bit more classic compared to the more modern DP we have now.

Well short of the multiverse excuse, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why any studio would set all their shows in so many different universes.

Well short of the multiverse excuse, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why any studio would set all their shows in so many different universes.

Well when your WB...you dont think long term. Sure not everything needs to be in the same universe but you get a lot more mileage and fanfare for a universe fans can get into and grow with.

The other tweet doesn't show up, so for context's sake, is Barton saying there are no good cops on the show, or is he just expressing his own IRL opinion that All Cops Are Bad?

The other tweet doesn't show up, so for context's sake, is Barton saying there are no good cops on the show, or is he just expressing his own IRL opinion that All Cops Are Bad?

I thought he was referring specifically to the show, which makes sense for year one Gotham.

Edit: Everyone in the comments said he was referring to the show, not making a comment about cops in general.

I found this odd (though maybe I'm just not in the loop). In an article about Pennyworth possibly going over to HBO Max...

"...HBO Max, which was billed as a premium home for DC programming with an extensive upcoming slate of high-profile series such as Peacemaker, Green Lantern, Untitled Gotham City Police Department project, set in the same world as Pennyworth, and DC Superhero High."

Kinda weird if true.

‘Pennyworth’ Eyes Move From Epix To HBO Max – Deadline

I have zero interest in this, but maybe it will surprise me like Peacemaker... something else I wasn't excited about at all but ended up loving.

seems the show is getting reworked into an Arkham show instead of a cop show. Also looks like the penguin show will get made first if it gets picked up

Considering how involved Batman was going to be in this series, I think we’ll be seeing a lot of Batman in this show. Hopefully it’s heavily inspired by arguably the greatest Batman story of all time! McKean’s art in ASHOSE is probably my favorite Batman art ever. I love Reeves’ comments about Arkham being a ‘haunted house’. I have always wanted to see full on horror Batman, and this Arkham show is the perfect place to implement that.

6B0C37DD-FC82-41B3-AC5E-1F4289C6DED1.jpeg

Considering how involved Batman was going to be in this series, I think we’ll be seeing a lot of Batman in this show. Hopefully it’s heavily inspired by arguably the greatest Batman story of all time! McKean’s art in ASHOSE is probably my favorite Batman art ever. I love Reeves’ comments about Arkham being a ‘haunted house’. I have always wanted to see full on horror Batman, and this Arkham show is the perfect place to implement that.

View attachment 53773
This story one is the one thing that came to mind when reeves said it's gonna be like a haunted house horror show. Bring it on!

I'm glad this isn't happening. Not only did it sound a lot like Gotham conceptually, but we have too many gritty cop shows. I don't have any doubt that it would have been well made, but an Arkham Asylum TV series has much more potential to be interesting and fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"