Aronofsky's "mother!" (Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem)

kvz5

HBIC
Staff member
Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence’s Darren Aronofsky Film Lands at Paramount; Javier Bardem in Talks (EXCLUSIVE)

Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming film starring Jennifer Lawrence has landed at Paramount Pictures.

The studio has come on board to distribute the pic. Sources tell Variety that Javier Bardem is in talks to co-star with Lawrence, even though reps for Aronofsky, Paramount and Bardem would not comment on the negotiations.

Aronofsky will write, direct and produce through his Protozoa Pictures banner along with Scott Franklin and Ari Handel. The filmmaker and the studio are planning on a spring shoot.

The film centers on a couple whose relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence. It is set for release in 2017.

The “Black Swan” helmer has a first-look deal at New Regency, which ended up passing on the project, leaving Paramount the next suitor to take over rights.

Aronofsky had been toying with several ideas for his next project for the last couple of months, including an untitled Evel Knievel biopic starring Channing Tatum and a family film, before finally turning his attentions to this pic. As Variety first reported, Lawrence was always his top choice to star and she quickly attached herself after meeting with Aronofsky about the film.

Sources say Bardem was a one of a slew of actors in the mix for the male lead, including Idris Elba. But with Elba in line for the lead role of Roland in “The Dark Tower,” the choice became even easier that the “No Country for Old Men” actor would land the part.

Lawrence and Aronofsky are repped by CAA, while Bardem is repped by WME.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jennifer-lawrence-darren-aronofsky-javier-bardem-1201655500/

Please tell me Lawrence an Bardem aren't the couple? He's like 20 years older than her.

Anyway it's an interesting project.

I'll see it for Bardem. Not that keen about Lawrence to be honest.

Interesting duo mix up coupled with a good Director.

You have my curiosity.

Please tell me Lawrence an Bardem aren't the couple? He's like 20 years older than her.

You'll never know... But I'm hoping not since this is Aronofsky and NOT Russell after all. If I have to guess, Bardem is the intruder and Lawrence is probably one part of the couple being terrorized by him.

Or better yet, how about Lawrence being the villain intruder and Bardem (and someone else) is the victim!
Yeah right.

Old Lady Who Looks Really Young and Hot starring Jennifer Lawrence

[YT]3yAI0irmJzY[/YT]

Lawrence will probably play his grandma

This may be another one of those movies where it would have been better to get an older actress for the role, but I guess we'll see.

So Mockingjay Part 2 is really the last movie she'll ever be in with an age appropriate love interest, huh? :o

It could very well be but there's nothing yet that indicates that Bardiem and her will play lovers.

I get Lawrence being in a movie may be the thing that can get your film funded and made but in a way she should be consistent and while speaking for equal pay, she should be speaking for older women to help them get more age appropriate parts she's been getting that's been decreasing their chances of getting work. In a way she's really kind of contributing to the problem even if she doesn't mean any ill intent. But she still could help fix the problem. She's got the voice already so there's no excuse for her to be overlooking that.

Last edited:
^That makes perfect sense.

She's taking roles that should go to people like Sandra Bullock or Julianne Moore or Reese Witherspoon

So Mockingjay Part 2 is really the last movie she'll ever be in with an age appropriate love interest, huh? :o

There might be something with that Amy Schumer movie she's doing

This may be another one of those movies where it would have been better to get an older actress for the role, but I guess we'll see.

Are you telling me that older actresses get work after 40? How did I not know this?!

I do agree that it's irritating when she gets roles that should go to older actresses more in need of them, but hopefully that isn't the case here. I'm very much intrigued with this combo of stars/director.

Aronofsky is an amazing and Lawrence is fine in an age appropriate role, but if she's playing another 35+ year old woman I'm gonna be cranky. I just saw Joy and while it was a decent flick I just didn't by Jlaw in the role for an instant. Someone like Maria Bellow, or Reese Witherspoon would have been a far stronger choice. This Jlaw saturation Hollywood is giving us is getting old.

Excellent news. I'm hyped for this. Hopefully it's more The Wrestler/Black Swan than Noah (in terms of quality).

From the vague plot description it seems like a chamber piece a la "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" Could be very interesting.

:hmr: YAY!

Apparently this production will be in rehearsals for SIX WEEKS before beginning principal photography in June.

Intriguing stuff.

Lawrence sucks. Her shtick is unclassy and it's ruining Hollywood. I'm not excited and I should be, because Aronofsky is in my top 5 favorite directors ever. Ugh.

She's going to end up like Helen Hunt, I hope. Make like 10 movies nonstop within a few years and then fall off the face of the earth. Crossing my fingers.

I'm super excited for an Aronofsky and Lawrence team up.

JLaw's overexposure has soured me a bit. And as I said a few posts up if she's playing another role outside her age range I'm gonna be pretty cold to this whole film.

what a bunch of haters in this thread jlaw is a phenomenal actress i cant wait to see what darren can get out of her

Lawrence sucks. Her shtick is unclassy and it's ruining Hollywood. I'm not excited and I should be, because Aronofsky is in my top 5 favorite directors ever. Ugh.

She's going to end up like Helen Hunt, I hope. Make like 10 movies nonstop within a few years and then fall off the face of the earth. Crossing my fingers.

Stop being a drama queen.

What shtick? Being a good actress? Does it make you mad that she acts like a down to earth human being instead of an uppity snob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"