Arrowverse watching order

Updated through this week, except I'm still trying to place Vixen S2.

Updated through this week.

I am thinking of placing Vixen S2 right after Arrow 4.09. That's probably where it will end up but I want to see a little more before finalizing it. Once I do, Year Four will be 100% complete.

Updated.

I have placed Vixen S2 into the Year Four order, and therefore I consider that year to be complete.

Also added everything up to now (November 6) for Year Five

Legends of Tomorrow has gotten a 4 episode back order, which puts its total this year at 17. That's one more than last year.

So Year Five looks like this (so far)
23 episodes of Arrow
23 episodes of The Flash
22 episodes of Supergirl
17 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow
6 episodes of Freedom Fighters: the Ray

We'll have to see if Vixen gets a third season. I imagine it will but we'll have to wait and see. This season's Vixen episodes are part of Year Four.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see another promotional mini series later this year.

So at the end of this year, the Arrowverse will consist of, at minimum:
22 episodes of The Flash (1990, including a double length pilot)
115 episodes of Arrow
69 episodes of The Flash
42 episodes of Supergirl
33 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow
13 episodes of Constantine
12 episodes of Vixen
6 episodes of Freedom Fighters: The Ray
6 mini-episodes of Blood Rush
4 mini-episodes of The Chronicles of Cisco

Vixen season 2 episode 1 is available now:
http://cwseed.com/shows/vixen/s2-episode-one/?play=74315115-2f11-4448-abc9-5a1a5324e506

Still trying to figure out exactly when it happens but I have a bit of a range

it has to take place after Flash 2.04 The Fury of Firestorm, because it has the Jackson/Stein Firestorm. And it probably takes place before Flash 2.09 Running to Stand Still, because Weather Wizard is in the Vixen episode and he goes to jail in that Flash episode.

I suggest the Vixen miniseries be placed immediately after the Flash 2.08/Arrow 4.08 crossover (the one that introduces Hawkman & Hawkgirl). That crossover is linked to what came before by Cisco's suspicions about Kendra, but it's not tightly linked to anything after that, so there's a plausible gap here. Its current placement (after A 4.09-4.10 and before F 2.09-2.10) doesn't cause any serious problems, but since A 4.09 and F 2.09 both take place on Christmas, it might be better to keep those two episodes close together.

So we have to watch the Supergirl episode Medusa before the Flash episode Invasion? But doesn't the description of the Flash episode sound like he only recruits Supergirl later on in the episode? But if it shows her being recruited in Medusa, that ought to go after the first installment of Invasion.

Or is she recruited at the end of The Darkest Place?

As far as I know, the crossover begins with Barry and Cisco showing up at the end of Medusa. I don't think there's going to be any setup on the Earth 1 shows before that point, but it could happen at the end of Killer Frost for all we know.

I am leaving it as-is because the current order is how CW is promoting it.

If something in the actual episodes indicates differently I will correct as needed.

Fanicommander, thanks for assembling this order.

I have one question about it. I've looked at other orderings on the internet, and they mostly agree with yours (although yours has much more detail). But there is one place where they disagree. Some of them assert that the following episodes must be in the following sequence:

• Arrow 3x15: Nanda Parbat (2/25/2015): FS, RP. LL.

• Flash 1x18: All Star Team Up (4/14/2015): FS, RP.

• Arrow 3x16: The Offer (3/18/2015): FS, RP. LL, QL.

• Flash 1x19: Who is Harrison Wells? (4/21/2015): LL, QL.

• Arrow 3x17: Suicidal Tendencies (3/25/2015): FS, RP. LL, QL.
Note that this is very different than the airing order. However, the argument made for the ordering above is that Felicity Smoak and Ray Palmer appear in the episodes marked "FS, RP" above, in that order. And Laurel Lance and Quentin Lance appear in the episodes marked "LL, QL" above, in that order.

On the other hand, the ordering that koomy and you have created puts these episodes in the following sequence:

• Arrow 3x15: Nanda Parbat (2/25/2015): FS, RP. LL.
  • Arrow 3x16: The Offer (3/18/2015): FS, RP. LL, QL.

• Flash 1x15, 1x16, 1x17

• Arrow 3x17: Suicidal Tendencies (3/25/2015): FS, RP. LL, QL.

• Flash 1x18: All Star Team Up (4/14/2015): FS, RP.

• Arrow 3x18, 3x19, 3x20

• Flash 1x19: Who is Harrison Wells? (4/21/2015): LL, QL.
  • Flash 1x20, 1x21
This is much closer to the airdate order.

Can you (or anyone here) clarify which of these orderings is really correct? I suppose it comes down to the question of whether the Felicity / Ray / Laurel / Quentin appearances must logically be in one sequence or the other, or whether it doesn't matter.

Thanks!

I went back and looked at some of these episodes today and I significantly altered the order. Not quite the same as the one you described and different from the one I had. Mostly it was the knowledge of Oliver's identity and Ray's progress on the suit that made me change it up.

Still not 100% sure but I think it's an improvement. Thanks for pointing this out.

updated through the midseason finales this year, assuming Supergirl's midseason premiere takes place first

Updated through last night's Arrow

The recent big news is the return of Constantine, this time in animated form on CW Seed. Unlike the Vixen's 4-7 minute per episode format, Constantine is planned for 10 minute episodes.

Speaking of Vixen, this is what the CW's president had to say about renewing it for season 3
We haven't had that discussion, but based on the success of [the second] season I have no reason why not to.

This is about the time they announced the renewal last season, so it sounds like we can expect it soon.

Still pretty quiet on the Freedom Fighters: the Ray front. Hopefully we get news soon.

As for the rest of the shows
Arrow has been renewed for season 6, and will almost definitely get at least 7
The Flash has been renewed for season 4, and will almost definitely get at least 7
Supergirl has been renewed for season 3, and due to the CW's structure this is a de facto season 4 renewal
Legends of Tomorrow is in the same boat as Supergirl, essentially renewed for two more seasons at least

And we now know that the Black Lightning show Greg Berlanti is helping produce for Fox will almost definitely have no ties to the Arrowverse.

Last edited:
Updated through this week.

Funny how I mentioned Black Lightning not being Arrowverse, then a few days later it gets ordered to pilot at the CW. Hopefully it goes to series, and if it does, they put it in the Arrowverse.

Still waiting on the potential Vixen Season 3 renewal, as well as the premiere date of Freedom Fighters: the Ray

I just bought Constantine the complete series. It's nice to have it with my other Arrowverse blu rays

Hell yeah.

Now they need to give me a remastered 1990 Flash Blu Ray box.

And a compilation of all these webseries.

That would be nice.

Updated through last night's Arrow.

Still radio silence on a potential season 3 for Vixen, any new details about Constantine's revival, or the start date on Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

Updated through last night's Arrow.

Also re-wrote a lot of the notes and explanations, and fixed a few random typos.

Always open to suggestions.

Awesome news for Vixen fans:
http://collider.com/vixen-movie-bluray/

VIXEN: The Movie combines the first two seasons of the CW Seed digital series into a single uniform story and includes 15 minutes of all-new, never-before-seen content. The special features include a brand new featurette and two Vixen-focused episodes of Justice League Unlimited handpicked by super hero animation icon Bruce Timm.

Already up on Amazon for preorder with a May 23 release date.

This is amazing news.

This is so cool and helpful. It will be great for whenever I try to do a rewatch of the arrowverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"