Comics Asm #536

Mr 7000+ said:
:whatever: :whatever: Uh no. Please think. Spider-man's speed and reflexes, coupled with his spider-sense. Just say it and repeat it to yourself

Spider-Man isn't the ****ing Flash.

Well, thanks for pointing out the unequivocal.

Why do you think Spidey was underpowered in his fight with Iron Man?

Number one: Spidey won the fight.

Number two: Iron Man hardly got a lick in. He couldn't touch him with his repulsar rays.

Number three: Spidey outsmarted Iron Man. Tony Stark is generally considered to be smarter than Peter.

Number four: Spidey got in several good smacks. And again, he WON the fight.

Answer this please - what would you have preferred to have seen?

kainedamo said:
Why do you think Spidey was underpowered in his fight with Iron Man?

Number one: Spidey won the fight.

Number two: Iron Man hardly got a lick in. He couldn't touch him with his repulsar rays.

Number three: Spidey outsmarted Iron Man. Tony Stark is generally considered to be smarter than Peter.

Number four: Spidey got in several good smacks. And again, he WON the fight.

Answer this please - what would you have preferred to have seen?

You've made a mistake.

Go back and re-read all that I have said. I never said that spidey was underpowered in his fight with ironman, I said he was undermined in many ways, generally speaking. Not once did I talk about THE fight they had. However, I did speak of a hypothetical fight between spidey and ironman in which I said spidey would win.

Mr 7000+ said:
Its not like that at all. The fact is spider-man is constantly being underwritten and has been for a long time, which is pure bs, especially seeing as we had to endure a load of crap stories that facilatetd spidey's power upgrade in which he hasn't done anything remotely special with. On a one on one fight, spidey is smaking the living day lights out of ironman.

Underwritten, eh? I guess there are only a few people on this board who seem to be READING these books. "It's not like that at all" you say. But further into your post IT IS like that. Spidey is smacking the living daylights out of Iron Man. Ok. Now if you were to say that these characters are BRAINLESS and are just fighting to fight...yeah, on paper, Spider-Man has the advantage when you think about it.

But AS PART OF A STORYLINE...A LONG STORYLINE...why in the HELL does Spider-Man want to beat the living daylights out of Iron Man? :huh: Or Captain America for that matter? :huh: Or any of the other heroes that he's fought side by side with? :huh: WHY?! Is THAT in Spider-Man's character? To just beat the snot out of a fellow hero because it's a Civil War and that's what he's supposed to do? :huh:

No. It's a damned story. Why would Spider-Man prolong a fight with Iron Man in a busy New York street with hundreds of innocent bystanders watching on? 600 people were killed in Stamford over a dumbass villain having too much power. So, Spider-Man is to start risking innocent lives because Spider-Man fans want to see Iron Man get the living daylights knocked out of him.

And why would Spider-Man fight Captain America? A guy that he highly looks up to. What's his beef with Captain America other than Cap didn't see eye to eye with Spidey on the registration act...at THAT time. So, Spider-Man is supposed to just be mischaracterized and beat the snot out of Captain America simply because it's Civil War and that's what he's supposed to do? No. It's a STORY.

Spider-Man underwritten though? I don't know what Spider-Man books you've been reading for the past 7 to 8 months but I've been having a blast with these stories and I don't see anything about him being underwritten. If anything the character has been given the attention and thought that it always deserves.

Having finally read it I can say I somewhat enjoyed it. Peter's interaction with MJ and Aunt May was good here and seeing them on the run was fun especially with the prostitute jokes. Peter giving his declaration while obvious and annoyingly too late was still semi-satisfying though it was so thinly veiled against Bush (which I'm not opposed to) I actuallly laughed out loud.

As for the "sucker punch" debate flaming on here, my only response to it is "fanboys." It was obviouslly delayed for antoher time. Pete gave him a few hits (better than his ass kicking at the hands of Caap America) and it obviously ended heavily with a TO BE CONTINUED....

mark. I'm sure in the next two issues we'll get the fight we want.

Overall it was okay and a return to writing Peter okay in Amazing for the first time in like close to 3 years. Still not overly impressed. I rather if they wanted him unmasked so bad that he just went on the run siding with the anti-regs first and Tony Stark out of retribution leaked Spider-Man's real name to the press which would have been really interesting.

Oh well.

Actually, That wouldn't have been a bad Idea.. damn.

DACrowe said:
Having finally read it I can say I somewhat enjoyed it. Peter's interaction with MJ and Aunt May was good here and seeing them on the run was fun especially with the prostitute jokes. Peter giving his declaration while obvious and annoyingly too late was still semi-satisfying though it was so thinly veiled against Bush (which I'm not opposed to) I actuallly laughed out loud.

As for the "sucker punch" debate flaming on here, my only response to it is "fanboys." It was obviouslly delayed for antoher time. Pete gave him a few hits (better than his ass kicking at the hands of Caap America) and it obviously ended heavily with a TO BE CONTINUED....

Y'know, I don't really see the fight against Cap to be an "ass kicking" for Pete. He was fighting a guy he totally looks up to, and in typical Spidey fashion, held back. By the end of the fight, it looked like he had it together and was ready to attack more effectively.

DACrowe said:
mark. I'm sure in the next two issues we'll get the fight we want.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure we'll see another fight between these two... atleast not a knock down, drag-out slobber knocker... but who knows...

DACrowe said:
Overall it was okay and a return to writing Peter okay in Amazing for the first time in like close to 3 years. Still not overly impressed. I rather if they wanted him unmasked so bad that he just went on the run siding with the anti-regs first and Tony Stark out of retribution leaked Spider-Man's real name to the press which would have been really interesting.

Oh well.

That's a much better idea than having had Peter irresponsibly paint a bullseye on his forehead. :up:

SpideyInATree said:
What did you want him to do? Rip him out of the Iron Man suit, cut off his penis, and then stuff it down his throat? :huh:

Think of the sales! That would be golden.

So i heard, I haven't read it yet, That Tony made his own spider-sense.

COMICBOY said:
So i heard, I haven't read it yet, That Tony made his own spider-sense.
So I read it, and, like, it was awesome. Tony kicked ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"