• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Amazing Spider-Man ASM Blu-ray: Most Wanted Features and Extras - Part 1

With TASM, I thought the movie got more exciting after he became Spider-Man. Though there were some scenes I disliked or hated in the second half:

I disliked when Peter talks to Connors in Oscorp to ask him about Lizards, followed by the mutated mouse

I hated when Peter walked into the police station to talk to Captain Stacy about Connors

Otherwise, I loved it. I think that Lizard suffered just as many other origin film villains. However, if I didn't know about the character from the comic books and his family, I probably wouldn't have been bothered that much. I've really only heard complaints from comic book fans.

opps! thought you were listing movies that dropped in quality rather than giving a worst to best list.
The reason I felt Batman Begins drops in quality is because I wasn't engaged by Scarecrow (and he gets taken out by a simple taser) I wasn't engaged by Ras as an antagonist (where as I was engaged with Ras as a mentor) and I was bored by the train chase, utterly bored. I was loving acts 1 and 2 where bruce is learning to be Batman, checked out when Ras returns and only became engaged again with the Joker card at the end. Just my opinion but the 3rd act of BB bored the **** out of me.

Totally agree with Scarecrow(although I love that Nolan always brought Crane back), but Ra's as the main villain I LOVED and the train scene was very exhilarating, imo. Definitely not the best scene featuring a train(S-M 2!), but badass nonetheless.

With TASM, I thought the movie got more exciting after he became Spider-Man. Though there were some scenes I disliked or hated in the second half:

I disliked when Peter talks to Connors in Oscorp to ask him about Lizards, followed by the mutated mouse

I hated when Peter walked into the police station to talk to Captain Stacy about Connors

Otherwise, I loved it. I think that Lizard suffered just as many other origin film villains. However, if I didn't know about the character from the comic books and his family, I probably wouldn't have been bothered that much. I've really only heard complaints from comic book fans.

If TAS-M kept that small feeling as the first hour, I think TAS-M would've been a much better and very different film even when they tried to be different from Raimi's trilogy when it wasn't. A more small feeling and perhaps using guys like Tombstone or Hammerhead instead of a poorly developed and pretty much lackluster Lizard. I simply loved the first fifty minutes.

If TAS-M kept that small feeling as the first hour, I think TAS-M would've been a much better and very different film even when they tried to be different from Raimi's trilogy when it wasn't. A more small feeling and perhaps using guys like Tombstone or Hammerhead instead of a poorly developed and pretty much lackluster Lizard. I simply loved the first fifty minutes.

I thought TASM was different enough from Raimi's movie, but w/e.

Problem with Tombstone or Hammerhead is nobody in the general audience would really get excited over them, and a villain like the Lizard is more likely to sell. If you call the Lizard lackluster, then same can be said for Scarecrow in BB, or even Loki in Thor (I found him to be very boring until he was in the Avengers).

Problem with Tombstone or Hammerhead is nobody in the general audience would really get excited over them, and a villain like the Lizard is more likely to sell. If you call the Lizard lackluster, then same can be said for Scarecrow in BB, or even Loki in Thor (I found him to be very boring until he was in the Avengers).

There's no reason to not use a villain(s) just because they're not well known as they could fit into a story much better and even be written very well. I honestly think guys like Tombstone or Hammerhead are as well known as someone like Electro and he's going to be in TAS-M 2.

I'll give you Scarecrow though, as he's the only underdeveloped villain in TDK trilogy, but Ra's and Loki I found to be great and am pleased we have received incredible adaptations of those two villains.

There's no reason to not use a villain(s) just because they're not well known as they could fit into a story much better and even be written very well. I honestly think guys like Tombstone or Hammerhead are as well known as someone like Electro and he's going to be in TAS-M 2.
I'm pretty sure Electro is more known than Tombstone or Hammerhead.

I'll give you Scarecrow though, as he's the only underdeveloped villain in TDK trilogy, but Ra's and Loki I found to be great and am pleased we have received incredible adaptations of those two villains.

I think Bane was somewhat underdeveloped, since we barely know anything about him. Just some guy who was in the prison who protected Ra's daughter, then got kicked out of the League of Shadows, and was beaten so badly that he has to keep that mask on. Hey, how does he eat or drink with that thing?

Ra's Al Ghul was cool, but I don't think he had any impact on me. If Liam Neeson wasn't playing him, I think even less people would have been interested. I don't think Loki was that interesting until the Avengers, but that's just my opinion.

All hindsight but it it were me writing the climax of ASM it would be a city wide toxin it would Spidey v The Lizard v the police. I would play up the distrust of the city and the spidey vs the police sequence would be much longer. I would end by Spidey beating the Lizard but having to take the blame for whatever the Lizard had done to protect Conners' family life (which I would have explored more).

No crane.
No roof top battle.
No Lizard toxin.
Conners would have a family.
Spidey would take the blame in the end.

So basically you would have a slower 2nd act but more engaging 3rd act (imho).

The crane scene was a huge detractor for me. And the news coverage of Spidey trying to get to Oscorp while he was injured was hard to watch.

The crane scene was a huge detractor for me. And the news coverage of Spidey trying to get to Oscorp while he was injured was hard to watch.

The swinging was cool but the all cranes lining up making a path for Spidey to swing to Oscorp...

Oh dear, Marc Webb. OH DEAR.

The swinging was cool but the all cranes lining up making a path for Spidey to swing to Oscorp...

I actually really liked the crane sequence, but I can understand why others would hate it.

Along with the Blu-ray's for Prometheus (3D Combo Pack) and the Indiana Jones box collection, TASM Blu-ray is one of the best releases of the year. Brilliant video and audio and some great extras, props to Sony.

Along with the Blu-ray's for Prometheus (3D Combo Pack) and the Indiana Jones box collection, TASM Blu-ray is one of the best releases of the year. Brilliant video and audio and some great extras, props to Sony.

Quailty is incredible. My 'showcase' blu rays are Avatar and ASM.

I'm pretty sure Electro is more known than Tombstone or Hammerhead.

I don't think he is really, lol.

I think Bane was somewhat underdeveloped, since we barely know anything about him. Just some guy who was in the prison who protected Ra's daughter, then got kicked out of the League of Shadows, and was beaten so badly that he has to keep that mask on. Hey, how does he eat or drink with that thing?

Bane is one of the most developed villains in the trilogy. Having grown up inside the Pit, protected Talia, was rescued by Ra's al Ghul where he is trained and then banished after Ra's couldn't take looking at him and being remembered of what happened to his wife, started a small militia that turns out to be part of the League of Shadows with Talia al Ghul. Brilliant, tactical, a powerful force and presence around him. He's definitely my second favorite villain of the trilogy and Nolan treated the character as I had hope he would with carefulness.

And I have no idea if he can eat or drink with that mask. But by saying that I know that people will try to say something funny about Bane...3...2...1...

Ra's Al Ghul was cool, but I don't think he had any impact on me. If Liam Neeson wasn't playing him, I think even less people would have been interested. I don't think Loki was that interesting until the Avengers, but that's just my opinion.

I definitely loved those two and while I can't say Ra's al Ghul is in my top ten favorite villains, Loki definitely is. Love how Tom Hiddleston was so excited about TDKR too, haha.

Definitely an awful scene which only showed how Crane Dad wanted to return the favor, lol.

Anno, did you like Batman having time to make a bat symbol to light up on the bridge in TDKR?

I think Batman having the time to make a ****ing flammable bat symbol on a bridge when there's more pressing matters at hand is stupider than Spidey getting lucky and having a line of cranes to help him get to Oscorp.

But I'm just crazy like that.

I liked it too. Granted, even I felt there was a little cheese, but it led to some sweet web swinging. I also loved that it was metaphorical: as the cranes lined up it was as if Peter was being assured that yes, this is the right path to take. No matter how beaten down you get, the good thing to do is always the right thing to do. That's Spidey.

They are beating a dead donkey now. Yes, New Yorkers always rise up to help Spidey in his hour of need. We GET IT! Stop beating us over the head with it.

SM1
'You mess with one of us you mess with all of us'

SM2
'you want him you have to go through me'
'and me'
'and me'

ASM
'Get Jimmy on the phone'
'It's 10 o'clock'
'Get Jimmy on phone!!'

I liked it too. Granted, even I felt there was a little cheese, but it led to some sweet web swinging. I also loved that it was metaphorical: as the cranes lined up it was as if Peter was being assured that yes, this is the right path to take. No matter how beaten down you get, the good thing to do is always the right thing to do. That's Spidey.

6107809_700b.jpg
Absolutly, hope to see more Sweet swinging (without cranes) and crawling in the sequel

do you think Crane dad (C. Thomas Howell) is B.Campbell of this saga?

I hope Thomas Howell doesn't show up in the sequels as different characters.

I hope Thomas Howell doesn't show up in the sequels as different characters.

*Electro shocks Spidey unconscious and throws him down a deep well*

*There is a crane nearby*

Crane dad - 'Get Jimmy on the phone'
Worker - 'It's 10 o'clock'
Crane dad - 'Get Jimmy on phone!'

*The day is saved*

Anno, did you like Batman having time to make a bat symbol to light up on the bridge in TDKR?

I loved the symbol, and then only when the film ended I wondered how he had time to even make the symbol, lol, so it's sorta 50/50 feeling I have with it. Loved the moment where Batman told Gordon to "light it up" and when Foley saw the symbol, but then wondering how he made the symbol itself instead of getting things done faster. But, it did work out all in the end as they still had so many hours until the bomb went down to zero anyways, so 'meh'.

All hindsight but it it were me writing the climax of ASM it would be a city wide toxin it would Spidey v The Lizard v the police. I would play up the distrust of the city and the spidey vs the police sequence would be much longer. I would end by Spidey beating the Lizard but having to take the blame for whatever the Lizard had done to protect Conners' family life (which I would have explored more).

No crane.
No roof top battle.
No Lizard toxin.
Conners would have a family.
Spidey would take the blame in the end.

So basically you would have a slower 2nd act but more engaging 3rd act (imho).

People would complain that Spidey taking the blame would be copying TDK.

*Electro shocks Spidey unconscious and throws him down a deep well*

*There is a crane nearby*

Crane dad - 'Get Jimmy on the phone'
Worker - 'It's 10 o'clock'
Crane dad - 'Get Jimmy on phone!'

*The day is saved*

Hahahaha. And for some odd reason, I'm imagining crane dad with the Batman voice, thus increasing the hilarity. Oh how I love the Batman voice. It makes everything better. Whereizhit??!! Whereizjatrigga??!!

Hahahaha. And for some odd reason, I'm imagining crane dad with the Batman voice, thus increasing the hilarity. Oh how I love the Batman voice. It makes everything better. Whereizhit??!! Whereizjatrigga??!!

'Somebodyknowssss Hemusthavefriendzzzzzz'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"