• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

I think there's good ways of showing stoic and silent, while still showing him to be human. I just think Ubisoft didn't do a good job of it, and we wound up with an unrelatable, difficult to like character.

I agree he shouldn't whine, but showing some resemblance of humanity with the death of Achilles would gone a long way for me. I think if they'd done a better job of handling Connor, most people would more easily forgive the 'Adventures of Young Indiana Jones' aspect of ACIII.

Wow a dev from ACIII talks about the issues they had while making the game and why it ended up being subpar, falling short of people's expectations

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01...ment-troubles?abthid=52e0262f9d1422b964000027

What I find interesting is how skewed a viewpoint someone who worked on a game like ACIII (or any of the AC games from Brotherhood onward) considering the massive scale of people who work on these games. At some point, when you have that many different people working on a game from so many different studios that aren't even all working in the same building, I wonder how skewed a viewpoint someone could have when they're not one of the people making the decisions.

Did anyone else get freedom cry? It's really good! The music is incredible.

The only problem though is you feel so bad when you loose someone

Did anyone else get freedom cry? It's really good! The music is incredible.

The only problem though is you feel so bad when you loose someone

Yea i really dig it. I haven't finished it yet though. Deff wouldn't be opposed to more Adewale in future installments.

Like I said...I think I would have liked AC3 better if the Revolution was just going on with Conner but he wasn't *directly* involved with it... Fight in a few battles? Ok, help out some of the historical founding fathers? Sure.. but to flat out *be* the Revolution, more or less? No.

The lost me when Paul Revere road on the BACK of my horse...

I could very well be the only one that feels that way, which is fine..if others enjoyed it.. that's fine. It just stood as one of the worst AC games I've ever played just because I feel the American Revolution was handled poorly by them. Almost like they didn't care.. "Meh, Conner did that. That too. Oh yeah, that as well."

I don't *hate* AC3, and definitely enjoyed playing it; but I agree that Connor was very underdeveloped as a character. He has no personality, and is the stereotypical wooden Indian. The devs took such great delight in "kitchen-sinking" every imaginable form of side quest and minigame into AC3 that they forgot about trying to make any kind of story sense. Connor winds up being --- a displaced Native American raised by civilized white folks; a staunch American patriot and rebel against the Redcoats; a conscientious and dedicated landowner developing a large estate at the edge of the wilderness; a wilderness survivalist and legendary hunter; a pirate of the Caribbean and commander of a small fleet of trading ships; an avowed enemy of all things Templar; best buddies with every Founding Father found in the pages of a first-grade American history textbook; and, oh yeah, an Assassin. (Whatever *that* is.)

I don't *hate* AC3, and definitely enjoyed playing it; but I agree that Connor was very underdeveloped as a character. He has no personality, and is the stereotypical wooden Indian. The devs took such great delight in "kitchen-sinking" every imaginable form of side quest and minigame into AC3 that they forgot about trying to make any kind of story sense. Connor winds up being --- a displaced Native American raised by civilized white folks; a staunch American patriot and rebel against the Redcoats; a conscientious and dedicated landowner developing a large estate at the edge of the wilderness; a wilderness survivalist and legendary hunter; a pirate of the Caribbean and commander of a small fleet of trading ships; an avowed enemy of all things Templar; best buddies with every Founding Father found in the pages of a first-grade American history textbook; and, oh yeah, an Assassin. (Whatever *that* is.)
He's a busy man :p

The set up for AC3 was perfect. A big villain ensemble being hunted by a vengeful assassin. If anything, instead of going the obvious route with British = Templars, 'Merica = FREEDOM! they could've had Haytham's Eleven entrenched in both armies and dictating which way the war goes. Connor would be impartial to either side, but focused on ending Haytham's Eleven and letting the war run it's own course.

By the way, I'm playing the Lost Memories on AC Initiates. Ade [BLACKOUT]is murdered circa 1776[/BLACKOUT] and Connor [BLACKOUT]is still alive as of 1804 and mentors Ade's grandson during the Hatian Revolution.[/BLACKOUT]

I just finished this game this weekend. Taking a break to play KZ before jumping back into it. I got the platinum in all the console AC games except 3. I think I'll go for the one here

No idea, but there's that Assassin's Creed: Great Fall pic that "leaked" today.

No idea, but there's that Assassin's Creed: Great Fall pic that "leaked" today.

Yeah I checked that out and there was also a homecoming mentioned. One of the theories is Adewele grandson hooking up with Connor and a return to Rome.

Im finishing up the SP content and looking to buy the Freedom Cry DLC. If there's more SP to come, I'll just get the season pass but if not, I'll just get FC

Great Fall was proven fake, but since there's a little news drought, here's the newest rumour, and apparently leaked press release:

ngkCySY.png

QYEyXhR.png

Victorian London? Sounds good. Can we be Jack the Ripper then?

sounds great... and dare I say, unexpected. Will they introduce a new hero in the present as well?

My hopes for a French Revolution game continue to be dashed. :(

You can't bring a guillotine everywhere with you so what's the point? :p

my love for this game has inspired me to go back and play AC III which I purchased yesterday off of Gamefly. Hoping to get into it this weekend

I don't know if I'd play III again. I had a terrible time with it.

I mainly hated the naval combat which was a huge turn off but I finally get how it works now and dont mind it in IV so I think I could stomach it in 3. Im mainly going to attempt to finish up the trophies I left behind as I had no desire to replay it when originally done

I don't know if I'd play III again. I had a terrible time with it.

I think III had my favorite combat, but least favorite everything else. Setting wise my favorite is still the original game. Edward to this point, has been my fav of the lead characters. I really wanted to see more of him. Wanna see what he did after the end of ACIV.

Im on board with the new setting though, if thats legit.

I mainly hated the naval combat which was a huge turn off but I finally get how it works now and dont mind it in IV so I think I could stomach it in 3. Im mainly going to attempt to finish up the trophies I left behind as I had no desire to replay it when originally done

IV was like 60% naval combat hah, most of the naval stuff in III is optional. You deff shouldn't have an issue getting through that part of the game.

Industrial London sounds appealing. I can definitely see the London underground being used to great effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"