Assassin's Creed Mirage

Bit sad there’s only one protaganist. But the setting is very fun

I will say, based on that list of leaked features, this series direction already sounds a lot closer to what I've been yearning for from this series a while now. I want to move away from superhuman gods in a Witcher 3 type game. Take me back to the immersive gameplay of trying to be a master assassin, in a realistic historical setting.

What I loved more than anything in the original games was how you didn't need to turn into a Wolf or teleport or summon spirits. Simply being able to gracefully navigate the environment, fling throwing knives with ease, hide in plain sight and evade guards like it was nothing was far more exciting.

To me it's like the difference between watching something like The Bourne Identity vs a Marvel movie. A guy with superpowers kicking people through the wall is always going to be less exciting to me than a man who can deflect a knife attack with a rolled up magazine haha. Really keen to get back to something a bit more grounded and closer to the series origin.

And the rumour that they're using this new engine to power the AC 1 remake is very tantalising. Hope there's some truth to that.

It's going to be hard to justify paying $70 for this with it lacking so many features in the past 3 games and knowing it was originally a DLC. Should be $40 at most.

I'm just eXcited to see an upcoming Assassin's Creed game that isn't bloated. Rogue, Unity and Syndicate are fine games imo.

I guess I can understand both camps in the fandom here. I totally get the appeal of a more grounded game, and probably my favorite parts of even the most fantastical of the games (Odyssey) is being able to take out and entire fortress using stealth and no special abilities. That said, I’m a fantasy junkie (especially when it comes to video games) so being able to unlock godlike powers and face off against mythological beasts is also my jam. So I’ll probably like this regardless of how they go with it. However, Basim is
immortal so I don’t think the game will be devoid of fantasy elements.

Its more sci fi magic than fantasy magic if that makes sense.

Eh, magic is magic. The styling may be different, but its still people with improbable or impossible powers doing stuff. In most cases, the presence of sci-fi styling just changes the flavor of the jargon, it doesn't make a meaningful difference on the story.

It's going to be hard to justify paying $70 for this with it lacking so many features in the past 3 games and knowing it was originally a DLC. Should be $40 at most.
$60 would be fine if its also on ps4.

I guess I can understand both camps in the fandom here. I totally get the appeal of a more grounded game, and probably my favorite parts of even the most fantastical of the games (Odyssey) is being able to take out and entire fortress using stealth and no special abilities. That said, I’m a fantasy junkie (especially when it comes to video games) so being able to unlock godlike powers and face off against mythological beasts is also my jam. So I’ll probably like this regardless of how they go with it. However, Basim is

Yeah, I always loved the sci-fi/fantasy aspect too, but preferred when it was more obscured. Mysteries to uncover, relics to learn the origin of etc. I still get chills when I think of that ending to AC 2, when Minerva talks through Ezio directly to Desmond. To me, that kinda stuff will always hit the hardest when used as a sometimes food.

That's also true about Basim, but apparently this is about him when he was younger, before learning of his origin, so still plenty of opportunity to rebalance just how much fantasy is at play.

Ubisoft to Reveal Several New Assassin's Creed Titles at Ubisoft Forward - Try Hard Guides
Ubisoft Set to Announce Several New Assassin’s Creed Games

For those who don't care about Saturday's event and want to be spoiled now:
Assassin’s Creed Mirage (Baghdad setting)
Assassin’s Creed Project Red (Japan setting)
Assassin’s Creed Project Hexe (Central Europe setting)
Assassin’s Creed Project Jade (Mobile/China setting)
Assassin’s Creed Project Nexus (VR)
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla DLC

So did they cancel Infinite or is Project Red and Hexe the first regions in Infinite? Really disappointed we're not getting a MesoAmerica setting. I liked the idea of a Mayan or Incan assassin.

About Hexe and the region:

With a prpject name like Hexe and it being in Central Europe Im thinking it will involve monsters and witches and sorcerers. Do I dare hope for an AC with horror elements?

:woo:

Last edited:
Red and Hexe have been confirmed part of Inifinity. I think it's just weird how they're promoting them as two seperate games when they're more like two different settings and campaigns experienced within Infinity.

Last edited:
Red and Hexe have been confirmed part of Inifinity. I think it's just weird how they're promoting them as two seperate games when they're more like two different settings and campaigns experienced within Infinity.

Whether I even try Infinity will depend on whether I can play it offline. I dont want a bunch of player NPCs running around the game world while I'm trying to do missions and explore. It completely ruins my immersion and has no place in a franchise about lone assassins. The most I might tolerate is other player NPCs appearing in an Assassin bureau location. Outside of the bureaus I don't want to see any other player characters bumbling around.

I'm start to get annoyed by this extended cross-gen period, I didn't move to PS5 so that most of the game's I bought could be held back by having to support decade old hardware.

Yeah, I don’t have a next generation system yet and I’m sitting here like, well, I guess I don’t need to get one for a while! I mean, I’m glad that there are still games I can get for my PS4 but I’m scratching my head as to why PlayStation seems to be undercutting themselves with this strategy.

Whether I even try Infinity will depend on whether I can play it offline. I dont want a bunch of player NPCs running around the game world while I'm trying to do missions and explore. It completely ruins my immersion and has no place in a franchise about lone assassins. The most I might tolerate is other player NPCs appearing in an Assassin bureau location. Outside of the bureaus I don't want to see any other player characters bumbling around.

My assumption is it will follow suit with The Division. Some kind of bureau hub where you see other players, but then hopefully mostly co-op driven mission. If there's any kind of PVP at all, I'm not really interested unless it's bringing back the old AC multiplayer of old.

I'm also less worried about this Inifinity game, if it means still getting more stealth focused solo games every couple of years. Let Infinity be the Live Service game, if we keep getting deeper, focused solo games.

Looks fun! Was that Shohreh Agdashloo’s voice I heard in the trailer?

Nifty trailer for sure. But since it's releasing in 2023, it's definitely finished enough to show gameplay. That's what they should have done.

Yeah, very keen for all this stuff. Surprised but excited to learn that Red and Hexe are fully fledged single player campaigns and the whole Multiplayer thing will be a seperate standalone (likely free to play) game. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's sounding to me like they might finally revive a version of the old series MP. I've been banging that drum for several years now, that it would make the perfect free to play MP game.

Someone decoded the Hexe symbols:

Some of the symbols spell the name Mephisto, also known as Mephistopheles, which is the name of a demon. The rest are Räche and Haus. "Mephisto avenge our house or family."

And Hexe means witch in German. The game may be set in the 16th and 17th century Holy Roman Empire, specifically Germany. There were a handful of witch trials in Germany during that time.

Last edited:
I am such a shameless Assassins Creed junkie, that in the space of a day, Mirage, Red and Hexe have shot to the top of my most anticipated list haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"