Age of Ultron Avengers: Age of Ultron Deleted Scenes Thread

The above screen shot of Tony, Banner, and Steve...that scene is actually in the film, just not that shot. We get the Steve's line of "I've got no plans tomorrow night" and Tony's response. We just don't get that specific shot....

The Thor angry screen shot is from when Vision is born. I'm banking on it being a more elaborate fight sequence between Thor and Vision or Thor came into the scene earlier when the team is fighting one another over activating Vision and Thor just joined the fray...

The Scarlet Witch screen shot, I bet, was the original scene/reaction when QS dies. That part seemed like a reshot to me when watching the film...

There's lot of stuff which either the cast were over hyping or more likely it was cut.

There was a lot of talk of Hawkeye and the Twins doing a lot of stuff together, but really apart from a few jokes between Hawkeye and QS and that scene where he motivates Wanda there isn't exactly a lot. Also he uses even less trick arrows this time. Despite that featurette.

Why did Thor visit Selvig? I mean, he waited for him to come out of class, they step in the car and Thor walks into the water. Selvig just stood there doing nothing. How could they not see that when editing?

seriously, the whole Selvig plot made zero sense with this editing

Why would Selvig know about that stuff and not Thor anyway.

Thor knew about it but didn't know where the pod was on earth,kinda like how he didn't know where the others ways to enter or exiting asgard were. At least that's my idea. Remember that Selvig is also an Expert in northern mythology.

Just came from my 2nd screening and I noticed a couple of things that were in the trailers but not in the theatrical cut:

1. Scarlet Witch wielding some magic with the building behind her getting blown up.
2. Black Widow wielding her weapon (the black staff?).

I don't expect to see an extended edition. There was rumors of one of the first film as well, but it never happened. I doubt it will happen this time, though I definitely like the idea.

The most marketed shot of Ultron ("there are no strings on me" in the first trailer) was nowhere to be seen in the movie. Also the shot of Banner on the verge of transforming.

I don't expect to see an extended edition. There was rumors of one of the first film as well, but it never happened. I doubt it will happen this time, though I definitely like the idea.
I'm sure there'll be plenty of deleted scenes with how much they shot but if some seem like would have added something to flesh out certain scenes, I want to hear a good explanation from Whedon on the commentary.

There's lot of stuff which either the cast were over hyping or more likely it was cut.

There was a lot of talk of Hawkeye and the Twins doing a lot of stuff together, but really apart from a few jokes between Hawkeye and QS and that scene where he motivates Wanda there isn't exactly a lot. Also he uses even less trick arrows this time. Despite that featurette.
[YT]_ZTFqfSkUiA[/YT]

You are right,Hawkeye got plenty of trick arrows this time but it didnt show him using any of that
There must be deleted scenes of that

I've been thinking a lot about "Schrodinger's Quicksilver." We know from multiple sources that Quicksilver was, at some point, intended to survive this movie, and that the decision to kill him may have come as late as post-production. I think there is proof of this in the original teaser.

Specifically, the famous shot of Wanda falling to her knees and screaming. Not only does this shot not appear in the movie, but the similar replacement shot is set in a completely different location (Ultron's doomsday church vs an open outdoor area). I think there were two different versions of the battle shot:

Version 1: Wanda fights the robots outside with everyone else. Pietro gets shot. Wanda screams and runs to his aid. She manages to save him.

Version 2: Wanda volunteers to guard the doomsday machine. Pietro gets shot. Wanda screams but can't help him without leaving her post. Pietro dies.

Version 2 is the one they went with.

Unseen shot:
avengers-age-ultron_1.png

unknown sequence:
avengersaou342.jpg

I don't remember having seen that shot ... ??:

More of Scarlet Witch:

Extended scene ?? : Thor angry at Tony ??

Vision:
TA_0241.jpg

avengersaou365.jpg

Most of these scenes were in the movie, they just didnt use THAT camera angle/shot.

- The Hawkeye clock tower shot over his shoulder instead of the one above.
- The Steve, Tony and Banner scene was there but was cut down and used quickly before the final fight, I believe... or before the Truck chase.
- The Twins shot wasnt used but the scene was in the film.
- Vision shots were in Thor's dream/nightmare
- Wanda's crying shot was replaced.

I don't either.

Maybe because I don't pay attention to it, but the only movies I see with extended cuts are usually an "Unrated" version. COmedies, certain PG13 movies.

I don't think Marvel will release one that soon.

Maybe some years down the line o get s to double dip. But yeah not with the first release

avengers-age-of-ultron-38.gif

This wasn't in it though.

And I haven't the slighest where it would have fit in either!

Don't forget that movies often film quick scenes purely for use in marketing. Especially images that are purely character show-off? Not likely from an actual cut scene.

AcceptableOptimalCondor.gif

This shot also wasnt in it.

And I haven't the slighest where it would have fit in either!
After she runs into the woods after she and Hulk jump on the flying part of Skodavia. In the next scene she is already fighting with these sticks, so I think it fits in somewhere between these scenes.

Was there a deleted scene regarding Ultron hacking Iron Man's MK 43? I remember seeing images of the armour with red lights instead of blue.

It would explain why he switched to the new armour in the final battle with no explanation.

I'm glad Loki wasn't in it. Was nice to let the film move without falling back into Loki for fangirl reasons. There was no need (but then the same can be said for Heimdall's bit)

+ 1. I love Loki as much as the next guy, but we don't need him in every movie Thor is in.

https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazi...-spoiler-podcast-joss-whedon-and-paul-bettany

New Whedon interview where he talks a lot about deleted scenes, including Loki and the spirit pool, Quicksilver living, etc.

And we complained on Sony's producers and TASM duology/SM 3 ...:whatever:
It seems with have the same problem with some MARVEL Studio's executives : too much power over the director's vision & the script.
And here is the result: the movie does not make the unanimity, unlike the first one. Enough said.

IMO, nowadays, in the MCU, the main victims are :
- Thor : The Dark World
- Avengers : Age of Ultron

I guess an extended cut is never going to happen. Too bad, this movie really needs it!

EDIT: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...h-marvel-over-avengers-age-of-ultron#/slide/1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"