Avengers Alliance - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, me too. Glad it was posted here. Thanks Raiden. :yay:

You're very welcome. :) I'm glad you guys did not delete the email by accident, because 50 CP is probably the best gift they have ever given to us via email.

Haven't gotten that 50 CP email; all I got was the 25-energy.

So I already finished Chapter 2 and got Cyclops' new suits. They're ugly but seem pretty decent when compared to the P5 alts. As far as weapons, I've got custom versions of the Mission 3 Gauntlet and Mission 6 Epic Revolt 5 and regular versions of the Mission 1 Stun Baton and Mission 5 Depletor. Time to keep farming the weapons and leveling up heroes.

I do like the new Cyclops alt, which is taken from the X-Men #1 comic series drawn by Jim Lee. And it was featured in games like Capcom vs X-Men, as well.

I do like the new Cyclops alt, which is taken from the X-Men #1 comic series drawn by Jim Lee. And it was featured in games like Capcom vs X-Men, as well.
I've never had an issue with a costume most of the younger heroes like him his brother Havok gambit were wearing a look that showed their hair which I remember certain seals and agent spy type field tactical teams of groups in other media's were doing the same thing during that decade. They even made
General Hawk had that look for the bit in GI: joe for a bit when he had the jet pack in the later series before they made him retire.

Now the only issue I had with it was that Jim Lee had this thing for using utility belts or pouch's as he called them sometimes . To him they were just there cause he liked drawing them. To me, if your gonna have a utility belt you better have your own gimmick styled gadgets and use them. Otherwise it's kinda meaningless.

I think most people had an issue with the fact he still had the under pants on the out side look too. But in a way Dare devil and captain America did too and they addressed that in the mid 2000's but it wasn't as noticeable till they made them all lose that look after the mid 2000's came about.

Which was a smart move. But I won't dump on him and cause at the time they still had Batman and superman running around with that look as well and that took them even longer to be rid of that look.

That's my thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Now the only issue I had with it was that Jim Lee had this thing for using utility belts or pouch's as he called them sometimes . To him they were just there cause he liked drawing them. To me, if your gonna have a utility belt you better have your own gimmick styled gadgets and use them. Otherwise it's kinda meaningless.

Rob Liefeld was actually a worse abuser of that particular look than Jim Lee. But they both were also guilty of another bad 90's comic style that's featured in this Cyclops costume. Headgear that only allows hair on the very top of the head to be visible. It was a bad look and done to death.

On the positive side at least Cyclops never rocked that look with a ponytail like Shatterstar and others.

And yeah, underwear on the outside is just bad too.

Last edited:
I mentioned that already though and it's cause the real life SAS and spy tactical teams like the CIA Agent teams used that look among others in real-life were actually doing that themselves in raids in normal cities like the ones we live in for indoor combat and arrests.

Some of the older Rainbow six games in the mid 90's show cased this with the avatar/ sprite at times and there were other representations as I said, General Hawk had that look for the bit in GI: Joe for a bit when he had the jet pack in the later series during the later 90's when Snakes ran the Ninja force with storm shadow and scarlet. They weren't agents (GI: Joe were soldiers for most) but something like that was happening for those that called them selves operatives.
Before they made him(General Hawk) retire. It depends.

They picked that up from somewhere. And that at the time was accurate. It was one of the few times that was sorta done right.

Last edited:
Has anyone finished with the Synethetic Cube mission yet? I just can't get the Inclusion Field even though I've been try to farm for it, and I need 5 before I can start the research. Ugh.

Has anyone finished with the Synethetic Cube mission yet? I just can't get the Inclusion Field even though I've been try to farm for it, and I need 5 before I can start the research. Ugh.

I'm trying and I haven't been able to get any either...and I'm not dropping...what is it? 10 gold each for them...bye bye synthetic cube I guess...for me at least.

Got my first Level 13 hero training with Captain America. Next will likely be Iron Man or Hulk.

Wow...finally got Thane...took me 70 boxes to finally get the last cover. Haven't had that much trouble with lockboxes since probably...Magneto...

So Moon Knight will finally be available after completing a Covert Ops. Really liking the looks of some of the research weapons.

Yep. Just took them over a year to release him is all.

Well, look at this. I remember I spent quite some gold to get Omega Sentinel back when she was first available, and I didn't get her. I was still missing one cover.

Tonight, I got 8 gold and, even though I had decided to never spend gold on lockboxes again, I did it to get the promotional package with 10x lockboxes, since I had already spent so much trying to get her. I opened and the final comic showed up. I finally got her after all this time.

This is a good night. :yay:

Well, look at this. I remember I spent quite some gold to get Omega Sentinel back when she was first available, and I didn't get her. I was still missing one cover.

Tonight, I got 8 gold and, even though I had decided to never spend gold on lockboxes again, I did it to get the promotional package with 10x lockboxes, since I had already spent so much trying to get her. I opened and the final comic showed up. I finally got her after all this time.

This is a good night. :yay:
And you'll actually enjoy her actually working since they finally fixed her after breaking her a couple patches ago.

And Moon Knight is mine. Plus, I'm now researching the final Covert Ops weapon.

I have to wait a few hours for Moon Knight.

And Moon Knight is mine. Plus, I'm now researching the final Covert Ops weapon.
Are you liking him? His abilities didn't look really appealing when I saw him, but maybe he's useful in battle?

Finally got Synthetic Cube. After facing it many times in PVP, I think this is probably close to OP and no reason not to use it in every team. I'm still working on getting MK and completing Season 2.2, though.

Finally got Synthetic Cube. After facing it many times in PVP, I think this is probably close to OP and no reason not to use it in every team. I'm still working on getting MK and completing Season 2.2, though.
It's probably one of the most hated weapons right now in PVP. If the opponent has both versions slotted, them become almost impossible to hit and you eventually die due to all the debuffs. I have a feeling it's responsible for me having so many AFK losses the last week. PD will likely nerf it eventually but not before it causes havoc the rest of PVP.

Well I'm holding steady in Diamond League. I might try to make a push.

Well I'm holding steady in Diamond League. I might try to make a push.
I fluctuate between high Gold and mid-level Diamond. I've been having a heck of a time finding a good defensive team now that they patched Rogue and all the Synthetic Cubes started being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"