• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Avengers cartoon - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think Hulk was one of the most well utilized characters on the show, and your comment about Thor and Cap's little moments with Hulk made me think of when he screamed "THIS IS FOR THOR"!!! (smack)

Exactly. It showed how far the two had come. They were outright fighting in "Some Assembly Required" and didn't get along even despite Amora's enchantments. But by that point they had been allies long enough that the Hulk wanted to avenge Thor against Ultron.

Oh man, I loved that. I'm a big Hulk fan, and I kind of feel like there's always been some missing potential with him being held out of the Avengers (even if his cousin does have some good chemistry with them when she's with the team). To see him actually portrayed as clicking with the team has been great.

It is something that hadn't been done with the Avengers before. In the comics, his contact with the team after he left in the second issue was minimal - even during his "Smart Hulk" era, he didn't rejoin them. He was with the Defenders forever, but that often was varying degrees of tolerance. I wasn't sure how it would work, but overall I'd say it worked fine.

I agree. When I first saw it, I thought "Aw, he DOES care."

I have to admit during the Hail, Hydra episode I was surprised with the Cap/Hulk bit. I was actually relieved they finally had an interaction, besides telling him to MOVE during Kang's invasion.

Now, Christopher Yost says Ms Marvel has a military personality, "charge in first, guns blazing before asking questions." She sounds like she'll click perfectly with members such as Hulk, Thor and Hawkeye. Provided the 8 stay the same and simply let her stay.

Frankly I don't see any of them leaving. They've each said they consider themselves Avengers. When Yost said the team would get smaller than bigger again, I think he meant Giant-Man "leaving" in season 2, then Ms Marvel joins up with them, then Hank comes back as "Yellow Jacket." Sound right? Vision may appear, but possibly as a potential member for a potential season 3.

I have a theory that
Ms. Marvel could replace Capt. America on the roster during the time between exposing his Skrull impostor and finding the real article, which may be an episode or so for all we know. I imagine both Danvers and/or Mar-Vell will be critical members once full blown Kree/Skrull wars break out. They could possibly replace any injured Avengers - Thor was injured during Kang's invasion and kidnapped by Amora during the Ultron arc, after all.

With regard to the Hulk, one thing I hope to see in season 2 is MORE BANNER! I'd like to see him develop his relationship with Steve, Tony, Hank(s), Janet, Thor, & T'Challa. In the comics, they all have to one degree or another developed a friendship with Bruce and this has led to many mixed emotions when at times the Hulk was on a rampage and they were the one's who had to(try to) take him down. It makes for an interesting dynamic. But so far in A:EMH about the only Avenger who's said 2 words to Banner was Hawkeye in Gamma World. I just feel like there's an important aspect of that whole relationship that's not being explored...yet.

I didn't mind not seeing Banner considering the "deal" that Hulk made with him at the start of the series; that he would use his talents to be a hero and do good things, so long as Banner remains submerged and allows Hulk to be the dominant personality. There seems to be more focus on trying to flesh out the Hulk more than Banner to some degree in Marvel, so it isn't surprising. Still, Banner is always there when they need an extra brain so it is a dynamic that could change in the future. I did like how Hawkeye got Hulk to "calm down" and release Banner in "GAMMA WORLD". Maybe if they need Banner again, Wasp can tickle Hulk or something. :p

Last edited:
I have a theory that
Ms. Marvel could replace Capt. America on the roster during the time between exposing his Skrull impostor and finding the real article, which may be an episode or so for all we know. I imagine both Danvers and/or Mar-Vell will be critical members once full blown Kree/Skrull wars break out. They could possibly replace any injured Avengers - Thor was injured during Kang's invasion and kidnapped by Amora during the Ultron arc, after all.

Well, we know for a fact they're gonna keep the guys who are going to be featured in the Avengers movie, so they're safe. Thor was already put into a comma and Hulk's already left the team. Captain America's replacement seems....Tricky to me. Maybe they'll focus like an episode on it, then they realize that things are getting serious when the Kree send Yon-Rogg and Ronan.

Speaking of Ronan the Accuser, he's an Annihilator next to guys like Beta Ray Bill and Silver Surfer, so I'm gonna assume he's powerful. So he's a good guy, right? Just out of curiosity.

Last edited:
I have a question in that video where they introduced ms. marvel, who was that blue robot that was in the air?

I have a question in that video where they introduced ms. marvel, who was that blue robot that was in the air?

That was a SHIELD Manndroid. An Iron Man-esque suit 'modified' by SHIELD. What a lone one was doing there was beyond me, they're not very strong about a dozen were easily dispatched by Iron Man.

It could be 'Director' Maria Hill was attempting to negotiate with aliens. But when things start to go south, that appears to be when Ms. Marvel shows up.

Speaking of Ronan the Accuser, he's an Annihilator next to guys like Beta Ray Bill and Silver Surfer, so I'm gonna assume he's powerful. So he's a good guy, right? Just out of curiosity.

Ronan WAS a bad guy for a long time. He, to the best of my knowledge, really shifted to "good guy" status during the "Annihilation" series, which put some focus on his role within Kree society, and how he started to become more of a leader and less of a muscle-man.

Well, we know for a fact they're gonna keep the guys who are going to be featured in the Avengers movie, so they're safe. Thor was already put into a comma and Hulk's already left the team. Captain America's replacement seems....Tricky to me. Maybe they'll focus like an episode on it, then they realize that things are getting serious when the Kree send Yon-Rogg and Ronan.

It depends on
how long they intend to play out the "Skrull Cap" plot. As mentioned in my review, this actually is an homage to Mark Waid's Sensational Hydra story in his late 90's run of CAPTAIN AMERICA, in which a Skrull, who had infiltrated HYDRA then decided to impersonate Captain America, "reveal" himself and a few cohorts as Skrulls on TV and bluff the U.S. into a panic by claiming that 5% of the U.S. population were Skrull infiltrators. While I don't quite expect this situation to play out exactly - I imagine things may play out akin to Secret Invasion, perhaps with a big showdown in Time's Square with some super Skrulls - it does remind me of that story, and shows Yost's long memory. Often when stories tend to be done, they imitate recent stories or classic stories - many tales of the 90's go ignored. Waid's Sensational Hydra story played out over about 2-3 issues; this was back before every story had to be at least 4-6 issues, after all. The intention was that since Captain America was an influential character, impersonating him could be useful.

Ronan the Accuser was an adversary to most Earth heroes until this century. He served the whim of the Supreme Intelligence and naturally acted as judge and executioner of Kree laws. The Kree are a war-like people so thus he was often aggressive, to say the least. Ronan is fairly powerful - his armored cybernetics make him strong enough to duke it out with Thing or Thor on occasion, and his hammer weapon, the Universal Weapon, has all sorts of different abilities and applications that only he can use. It is worth noting that all Kree, at least in the comics, were at least triple the strength and fortitude of humans without any extra enhancements like armor or cybernetics - thus, a standard Kree soldier could easily be about as strong as Capt. America if not stronger, and that isn't counting the bigger Kree - some can naturally grow up to nearly ten feet tall. This show is utilizing their Ultimate designs, though, so these things may change. The Kree here may all share Mar-Vell's ability to make weapons out of nanobots. This is curious since in the comics, the Kree hated any sort of shape-shifting because it reminded them of Skrulls, and certainly sprouting guns on your arms is close, right?

While I will be curious if the cause of the Kree/Skrull war will be explained, in the comics, it was totally the Kree's fault, BTW. In ancient times, they shared their planet with the Cotati, who were sentient plant people (who later gave up mobility for greater psychic abilities). The Skrulls visited their world and offered to share their technology with the race they deemed to be the best, so they offered each a challenge to come up with the peak of what they could do. The Kree thus built a great city, while the Cotati harvested a garden. The Kree heard a rumor that the Cotati would win, and feeling a garden could never be equal or better to a city, killed the Cotati and the visiting Skrulls, and stole their advanced tech to use in war. Thus, the Skrulls became more hostile to other races and the blood feud continued between the two for eons. I suppose it is arrogant at best to stage a contest between two local races on a planet you are visiting, but it was still the Kree who chose to cheat in what was a fair contest over a rumor. However, because the Kree tend to look like humans (especially "pink" ones), I believe Earth has often sided with them more than the ugly, sneakier Skrulls in collective stories (although often Earth is in the middle). Reed Richards, after all, thought nothing of tricking Skrulls into believing they were cows and allowing at least some of them to be slaughtered and eaten as beef. One doubts he would been so cavalier with the human-looking Kree. But, we've always tended to favor aliens that somehow looked like us over others - look at Superman.

This will be an interesting season for another reason - it allows Yost (and Fine) to revisit characters and aliens they handled in "FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES" and often played for laughs and to have to handle them in a serious manner.

Do yall think the dvds will show more sneek peaks of season 2 other than the vid with ms. Marvel and the villains that they posted on the disney site???

Ronan is fairly powerful - his armored cybernetics make him strong enough to duke it out with Thing or Thor on occasion, and his hammer weapon, the Universal Weapon, has all sorts of different abilities and applications that only he can use.

You know what, I don't remember ever seeing a Thor vs Ronan battle in the comics, although I've seen several Thing vs Ronan battles.

If you ask me, a Thor vs Ronan fight will be a perfect time for a "Supes vs Cpt. Marvel" level throwdown (guess it's the "hammers"). I also would'nt mind seeing Surfer becoming a reacurring character at some point in this season, it is the "cosmic" season after all :up:.

You know what, I don't remember ever seeing a Thor vs Ronan battle in the comics, although I've seen several Thing vs Ronan battles.

If you ask me, a Thor vs Ronan fight will be a perfect time for a "Supes vs Cpt. Marvel" level throwdown (guess it's the "hammers"). I also would'nt mind seeing Surfer becoming a reacurring character at some point in this season, it is the "cosmic" season after all :up:.

I dunno man. The episode he appears in seems to be Ms Marvel's time to shine. However---He may show up again when the time comes for him to "turn over a new leaf."

Ms. Marvel can take him, apparently its already happened in the comics, so it shouldn't exactly be out of question for this series.

As for Silver Surfer, HELL YEAH he should appear!! He's Marvel's iconic space-hero. It's actually a bit beneath him to be just on Earth, though. That's why he travels around to other planets. He can also share his pacifist nature with Hank when he shows up.

Last edited:
I didn't know he was going to appear in the Mrs. Marvel centered episode, I thought he was gonna come a bit later in the series.

Yeah I can definatley see Surfer sharing his beliefs with Hank, and he would be a big help against the top tier enemies.

I dunno man. The episode he appears in seems to be Ms Marvel's time to shine. However---He may show up again when the time comes for him to "turn over a new leaf."

Ms. Marvel can take him, apparently its already happened in the comics, so it shouldn't exactly be out of question for this series.

As for Silver Surfer, HELL YEAH he should appear!! He's Marvel's iconic space-hero. It's actually a bit beneath him to be just on Earth, though. That's why he travels around to other planets. He can also share his pacifist nature with Hank when he shows up.

yeah ms. marvel and ronan is going to be a good fight

BigThor, the fact of the matter is why do we need a solo-Thor series right now when he's part of the main cast in Avengers? He's getting a new animated movie next month as well. A new live action movie. We don't need a solo-Thor animated series right now.

Let's see how well the movie does before we go there.
I know it's flogging a dead horse but consider this: Batman has twice managed to appear on two shows at the same time, albeit shows of different continuities. He had "The Batman" at the same time he was on JL/JLU, and now he appears on "Young Justice" and "The Brave & The Bold" at the same time. So popularity & public recognition aside, why is okay for Batman to be in two shows at once but not Thor (who's upcoming animated film looks sadly lame)?

Because Batman is an icon. Thor is a popular comic-book character experiencing a huge upsurge in popularity, but Batman is a staple of popular culture.

I would also like to see fin fang foom, blackbolt and magneto appear that'll be real cool

Because Batman is an icon. Thor is a popular comic-book character experiencing a huge upsurge in popularity, but Batman is a staple of popular culture.

True, but that's also all the more reason for Thor to recieve some much needed shine of his own.

ugh...

thor's looks good, iron man's isn't bad, but cap's is **** :csad:

I wonder is Cap's new look will last when
the real Cap comes back.

Last edited:
the real Cap comes back.

I would certainly hope not. When he actually DOES come back, he needs his ACTUAL shield, HIS FREAKIN' TRADEMARK.

That technology on his wrist may be Skrull technology.

I certainly hope some of these costumes are temporary...

the real Cap comes back.

I would bet that after caps return, he would get a new costume similar to the movie costume to promote the Captain America movie or boost a 3rd season

I would certainly hope not. When he actually DOES come back, he needs his ACTUAL shield, HIS FREAKIN' TRADEMARK.

That technology on his wrist may be Skrull technology.

I certainly hope some of these costumes are temporary...

Ooooooor Cap could use his photonic shield from the comics for a while so that the destruction of his shield actually has some consequences. >.>

And pretty sure these won't be temporary--at least, it sure doesn't sound that way.

Really liking the redesigns!

Cap looks awesome (
SKRULL!!!!
), Thor looks 50/50 (not saying it's a bad redesign, but not saying it's better than the first season one), Iron Man... um... I'm not sold on this one. The old design was better (not a big fan of Mark VI armor in Iron Man 2, I'm afraid).

Last edited:
caps is terrible! Thor and Iron Man look good, hulk reminds me of the thing with his shorts

True, but that's also all the more reason for Thor to recieve some much needed shine of his own.

It's not really a matter of what he NEEDS. If that were the case, everyone would be getting multiple shows. It's a matter of what people will want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"