Infinity War Avengers TEAMS and Team-ups in INIFINITY WAR

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
There's a recurring line (almost), in CA:CIVIL WAR...

STEVE ROGERS: They're going to come lookin' for you.
SHARON CARTER: I know.
----
TONY STARK: T,Challa told Ross what you did, so, They're coming for you.
NATASHA ROMANOV: I'm not the one who needs to watch their back.
----
STEVE ROGERS: You know, If they find out he's here, they'll come for you.
T'CHALLA: Let them try.
----

...suggesting we're going to have more characters on the "Wanted" list by the time we get to INFINITY WAR, namely...

Captain America, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant-Man
Sharon Carter, Black Widow, Black Panther, Winter Soldier

...which leaves few options for a full pro-registration team besides Iron Man and Vision at the start of IW, unless James Rhodes has recovered and Spider-man is back on the team.
Even then, that would still leave two spaces to fill, and other than Doctor Strange I couldn't think of anyone else, and then it struck me, what if Wasp registered, But she's not in the film. :/

Either way, I think we might see some classic team-ups take place,
It could easily be done...
Bring Thor and Hulk back to earth, Hulk goes on a rampage, Cap arrives with Ant-man, Stark arrives, possibly with Wasp, then they all team up to go take on Thanos, and this is the closest the MCU is gonna get to the classic 60s line-up...

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-man

I think Vision is going to bite the dust early in INFINITY WAR as Thanos acquires the Mind Stone, which is a point at which Doctor Strange could become a mentor to Wanda, and while others are doing their thing I'd love to see a brief team-up of...

Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch & Spider-Man

...which would then neatly leave us a 6-man group of more "ground-level" heroes - Falcon, Hawkeye, Sharon Carter, Black Widow, Black Panther & Winter Soldier, dealing with things on earth while others are in space/other dimensions etc. Though Carter isn't really an "Avenger" in the MCU, but one guy who is, is James Rhodes, so then we'd have the following Avengers team...

Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine?

...with support from, if not all of S.H.I.E.L.D., at least...

Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, & CAROL DANVERS?

Obviously this is all just guesswork, but I think they'll do something early on in the plot to split the characters up into teams that are easy to follow in the film, and allow action to take place on Earth, in Space and possibly in other dimensions.

Anyone got any other theories/speculation/confirmation?

Well in the Infinity War production trailer the writers say that the Avengers are basically just a name with no one in it. Based on the movies that come before it, I would imagine that the groups will end up being Hulk, Thor and Doctor Strange, The Guardians, the 'legal' Avengers and then Cap's fugitives + Black Panther.

...with support from, if not all of S.H.I.E.L.D., at least...

Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, & CAROL DANVERS?
Carter was cut from the airport battle for no visible reason and completely vanished from the second half of the movie. I wouldn't expect her to be on any kind of team in IW after that. It's obvious they aren't ready to give her a decent role.

Carter was cut from the airport battle for no visible reason and completely vanished from the second half of the movie. I wouldn't expect her to be on any kind of team in IW after that. It's obvious they aren't ready to give her a decent role.

Hence if she is in the mix i'd expect it to be alongside other non-superpowered characters like Fury and Hill

Hence if she is in the mix i'd expect it to be alongside other non-superpowered characters like Fury and Hill
The problem is that Hill and Carter have basically the same skills. If we have Hill, then Sharon is redundant. If we have Carter, then Hill is redundant. Hence we've never seen them working together in TWS and Hill was absent in CW.

You know, I'm all for Strange and Wanda sharing scenes and learning from each other, but why does he need to mentor her? Technically, she's had her powers longer. I'd rather her master them on her own and maybe just share a few pointers with Strange.

You know, I'm all for Strange and Wanda sharing scenes and learning from each other, but why does he need to mentor her?

Because he's trained and she isn't. It doesn't make much sense that she'd know more than him.

I don't think that Wanda's powers are magic, as in Doctor Strange's magic.

Wanda is harnessing energy. MCU and 616 magic is based on other dimensional energy usage. Sounds familiar?

"Her powers, she's never had any training, I'm talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she's figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that's why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. In [Doctor Strange], some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it's much tighter. It's all about focus. It's all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way."
- Feige

I don't think that Wanda's powers are magic, as in Doctor Strange's magic.

Feige pretty much said she is drawing power from different dimensions, and the Russo's stated no one understands her power.

Important to remember that Wanda is not human, her arc is about her leaving humanity behind, so her powers must push her away from humans.

Wanda channels her power, whereas Strange summons his (she does not do the summon gestures Strange and other Sorcerers do)

The sorcerers at Kamar-Taj have likely never seen Chaos Magic, as it cannot be wielded by humans.

Strange can only teach her Order Magic, as he only knows that.

There are three candidates for training Wanda:
Strange (has to figure it out first, and training uses up alot of screen-time, as it used up half of his movie, though)
Agatha Harkness (new character introduction would be a problem)
Chthon (does so telepathically, a very easy plot device, and much more motivated to aid Wanda than Strange)

Strange: "Who taught you?"
Wanda: "Steve Rogers."
Strange: "Haha...Very funny...No, seriously, who taught you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back