Infinity War Team line-up after "Infinity War"

Sounds awesome. The main team is bound to be split up after IW. So seeing side Avengers up there will be cool.

CUcv7SEVEAAEqla.jpg

Disney is playing up the next gen of heroes.

New team:

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange

Hmm...

Do not think so...

New team:

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange

Hmm...

Do not think so...

Exactly, there's no Scarlet Witch and Wasp. Captain Marvel is the only female.

Exactly, there's no Scarlet Witch and Wasp. Captain Marvel is the only female.

That's because they have no marketing art of the Wasp yet because she isn't out until 2018. Even the Captain Marvel is just reused marketing art.

And we've known forever that Scarlet Witch is excluded from a lot of the promo materials.

New team:

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange

Hmm...

Do not think so...

You're missing the point. Nobody is saying that'll be the whole team but it's clear Marvel is getting ready to start pushing those heroes to the public.

Last edited:
Hm it'll be interesting to see how the MCU changes post Infinity Arc(Thats What Im Callin The First Three Phases).

@ MbJ

Hmm, wasn`t it, that there are always just 6 (!!) Avengers at the same time?
Did not want to offend you...
I just asked myself, if this could be the six...
And i do not think so...
Pushing - yes, and thanks for the pic!!

What you guys are thinking - will they go (with the Avengers) with Ant-Man/Giant-Man and Wasp or Vision and Scarlet Witch?
Or even both?

That would be two "love-stories" within the group.. do not think so!

I have no clue - i like Vision and Scarlet Witch more, but do not know, what Marvel will do?!

Well AOU had 9 even though one died by the end.

I also wouldn't expect Doctor Strange to be a permanent member.

They should get the SW Vision thing out of the way in CW. And deal with Ant Man/Wasp Romance in there own film. I'd prefer no romance in IW. Just drama action suspense and a bit of horror.

Adding new heroes was just to tease the idea that the Avengers lineup changes, and will change in the future. Six is the fixed amount, but The Russos, and Avengers producer Jeremy Latcham said the lineup would change for good after Infinity War. Six is the ideal amount. If Marvel is going to introduce an all new Avengers roster after Infinity War, then they can't do it right away, but rather slowly introduce new characters over several years. That's why AOU had extra heroes. Extra heroes was also used to set up Civil War. You can't have a superhero Civil War with only six players.

Adding new heroes was just to tease the idea that the Avengers lineup changes, and will change in the future. Six is the fixed amount, but The Russos, and Avengers producer Jeremy Latcham said the lineup would change for good after Infinity War. Six is the ideal amount. If Marvel is going to introduce an all new Avengers roster after Infinity War, then they can't do it right away, but rather slowly introduce new characters over several years. That's why AOU had extra heroes. Extra heroes was also used to set up Civil War. You can't have a superhero Civil War with only six players.

Well said Mike.

Six is the fixed amount,

According to whom? We've had one movie with six Avengers. Even if they didn't join the team officially, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were still major players, as was the Vision during the final act.

And given that Hawkeye is included in the Sokovia Accords as well then he's likely back on the team anyway, bringing the number to 7 at the start of Civil War.

According to whom? We've had one movie with six Avengers. Even if they didn't join the team officially, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were still major players, as was the Vision during the final act.

And given that Hawkeye is included in the Sokovia Accords as well then he's likely back on the team anyway, bringing the number to 7 at the start of Civil War.

The comics always had the core Avengers team along with support Avengers. Any more than six characters, and it becomes difficult for the movie to keep focus. Civil War has plenty of Avengers, but it has a simple plot with the heroes fighting eachother instead of a singular villain.

The Sokovia Accords includes all current and former members of The Avengers. Hawkeye is not part of the team at the end of the movie, but he could rejoin if he wanted. It's the same reason why Tony Stark's name is there. So, had the Accords only included current Avengers, Hawkeye and Iron Man would be able to conduct illegal vigilante activity.

Six always seemed a little on the lower side to me, but I'm not sure how they could've added more members in the original Avengers movie without the setup required, and therefore coming across as forced. The four big guns were established via solo movies, and SHIELD was threaded through all of Phase 1, so Black Widow and Hawkeye's inclusion felt organic. Randomly throwing Wasp into the mix, for example, as per the original plan, would've been a mistake IMO.

An 8 member squad works well IMO. Big enough to be a "team" but not so crowded as to not be able to give every member some nice character moments/development.

I thought, and think, that they go with six members...

In "Avengers" and at the beginning of "Age of Ultron" we have

Hulk
Iron Man
Black Widow
Thor
Hawkeye
Captain America

At the end of "Age of Ultron"

Captain America
Black Widow
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
War Machine

I think that shows, that they will go with six members...

Scarlet Witch, Vision or Quicksilver were not official members of the group during "Age of Ultron".

If you read the comics, there is always a point were new heroes come along and they have to be addressed official as Avengers.
But, there are always some "Avengers around, who are not official in the team, but can come (back), if help is needed".

I am reading now a comic were the Avengers are She-Hulk, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), Wasp, Starfox and Scarlet Witch - by the way, many women.. smile
Spiderman assists them, as he wants to be a Avenger, and does not get the job at the end...
And Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Beast and Wonderman are also Avengers, but not active.

Just temporary Avengers for the bigger threats.

Scarlet Witch, Vision or Quicksilver were not official members of the group during "Age of Ultron".

The fact that they didn't get called "Avengers" until the ending is kind of unimportant. They were still major characters in the film and pretty much all the marketing for the film positioned them as new Avengers.

V0wlDU9.jpg

10869325_591589580977275_2778898650041679518_o.jpg

avengers-aoe-ew-spread.jpg

You can post all the pictures, you like. That doesn't change anything, really. Age of Ultron started off six Avengers, and it ended with six Avengers. That's the way it was in the first movie, and that's the way it's been in the comics. Scarlet Witch and Vision were added so others could retire/move on. There was a transition period between the old team and the new team throughout the movie.

Half of them will be gone post IW anyways. So...yeah

You can post all the pictures, you like. That doesn't change anything, really.

It does. As I said, saying Vision and the Maxmimoffs weren't official Avengers is semantics. They were effectively Avengers and for much of the film our cast of heroes basically consisted of 8 and then 9 in the final act.

They were down to 6 in the final scene which is made irrelevant by the fact that the team immediately balloons again in the very next movie.

That's the way it was in the first movie

Which was the first movie and where according to Whedon they couldn't have too many heroes because they were trying to establish the origin of the team, hence why he only added three more in the sequel.

and that's the way it's been in the comics

Not really. The number of heroes shifts wildly depending on who is writing. The All-New, All-Different Avengers currently have 7. The Uncanny Avengers have 7. The New Avengers have 9. Bendis' New Avengers had 8. Hickman's Avengers were basically an army. Busiek's Avengers basically had 8 before expanding into a whole army. Geoff Johns' Avengers had 12.

Last edited:
The fact that they didn't get called "Avengers" until the ending is kind of unimportant. They were still major characters in the film and pretty much all the marketing for the film positioned them as new Avengers.

I think it is quite silly to discuss that. Or?

We talk about Avengers. And that means, they have to be mentioned as Avengers. OFFICIAL. And there were always just six of them - to any time (during the movies)
And at the end, some heroes, who helped the Avengers during the movie stepped up. And became Avengers.

I think it is quite simple... Hmm...

I wrote about one comics - Spiderman also was helping the Avengers, but he was not one during the whole comic.
Helping, "being on pictures" or something does not mean, that they are "in the team"!

But... the question is not important to me.
We will have some more in "Infinity War 1+2", as some inactive Avengers joining the team again.
Therefore - we do not have to discuss this, as we will have an answer not before the start AND the end of "Infinity War" (if they always go with six, or if they raise the number)

At the beginning of "Civil War" we will see six, again... and that for the third movie in a row...

I think it is quite silly to discuss that. Or?

We talk about Avengers. And that means, they have to be mentioned as Avengers. OFFICIAL.

See, that's where I said semantics. They weren't called official Avengers but they were still main characters in the movie and sharing screentime with the Avengers.

That they didn't have uniforms is not essential. They were for all intents in purposes, part of the team, and were marketed and promoted as such.

Last edited:
nvm

Last edited:
-Black Panther

-Hawkeye
-Scarlet Witch
-Vision
-Black Panther
-Doctor Strange
-Spider-Man
-Captain Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread