• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: Global Warming, Emission Standards, and Other Environmental Issues - Part 1

I was reading from a 2023 newspaper today that said only 9.6% of waste produced in Chicago is recycled. It is 19% in Minneapolis and over 70% in California cities.

I quit.

I was reading from a 2023 newspaper today that said only 9.6% of waste produced in Chicago is recycled. It is 19% in Minneapolis and over 70% in California cities.

I quit.
It's not helpful tat there is such a difference between states and worse -- between countries. It's easy to say, why should I recycle if China doesn't?:(

Personally I think it’s just laziness. The attitude between Chicago and San Fran says it all.

Personally I think it’s just laziness. The attitude between Chicago and San Fran says it all.
I'm sure money has a lot to do with it. Some states have more resources.

Not a news article about global warming or anything, just something I found on Reddit.

I'm not sure how much recycling does, but I remember when I was a kid the three R's were reduce reuse recycle. We stopped talking about the first two, but they would go a long way, for example if consumer goods lasted longer.

I'm sure money has a lot to do with it. Some states have more resources.
The story did say that a new high tech facility was being built but hopefully people will put things in the recycling bin to begin with.

The story did say that a new high tech facility was being built but hopefully people will put things in the recycling bin to begin with.
There are towns near me that still don't have town recycling pickup. If you want people to do it you have to make simple and easy. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"