2016 Primaries and Caucuses Thread - Part 1

Why is Rocky De La Fuente, Keith Judd, and Willie Wilson on the North Dakota Democrat caucus ballot? Are they even still in the race?

I believe De La Fuente and Judd are technically still in the race. I'm not sure about Wilson though.

I find it a stupid move, even more so if the allegations are true, and the Clinton campaign persuaded the AP to put out that story.

She should just wait another day. Last thing they need is for it to look even more rigged than it is.

Allegations from who, Bernie supporters? AP calling it last night did not benefit Clinton in any way. if it has any effect on the outcome tonight it's that it pisses off Bernie supporters Clinton needs in the general and gets them out to vote today in protest. Clinton wanted this called tonight.

Fixed that for you.

I looked them up. Keith Judd is quite the character.

His name is Keith Russell Judd. His nickname is "The Dark Priest". He claims to have run in every presidential election since 1996. In 1999, he was convicted of 2 counts of "mailing a threatening communication with intent to extort money or something of value" and sentenced to 210 months in jail.

His actual crime involved postcards that stated “Send the money back now, Keith Judd, Last Chance or Dead.” and a package containing a semen stained Playboy, a knife inside the magazine, a key chain, and his father’s military discharge papers. He also sent letters to jurors after his trial. He has appealed his conviction no fewer than 36 times, but each appeal has been dismissed for various reasons.

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/23819/usa-v-judd/

How the **** does someone like this get on any ballot anywhere? People like this should no be running for public office at all.

I'm actually surprised to see it looks like Clinton might pull off South Dakota. I didnt think it would be close. I'm thinking Clinton gets NJ, NM, SD, Sanders gets Montana and ND. CA will be a complete toss up.

I think that Hillary will do a lot better than most people expect. Looking at how Bernie is performing tonight along with Hillary clinching the nomination yesterday, I think she has California locked at this point.

Can we take a moment to appreciate what is happening? A woman has just been nominated by a major political party for President of the United States. This has never happened before. This a class that, less than a century ago, could not even cast a vote. Today is a major historic milestone for our country. I know people tend to be cool toward Clinton, but the relevance of this day shouldn't be overlooked.

Last edited:
I have a very young daughter. I got her out of bed to watch Clinton's speech. She did not know why, she did not like being woke, and she really didn't care. I'd like to think she will thank me some day for having ensured she saw it. Today is the day that she can truly be a nominee for President of the United States, should she so choose. I hope the next time I am pulling her out of bed, it is to show her that she doesn't have to settle for being a nominee...that she can be President.

Can we take a moment to appreciate what is happening? A woman has just been nominated by a major political party for President of the United States. This has never happened before. This a class that, less than a century ago, could not even cast a vote. Today is a major historic milestone for our country. I know people tend to be cool toward Clinton, but the relevance of this day shouldn't be overlooked.

I wish I could enjoy it. I dislike Hillary. Yeah, yeah, I know. Trump is Caligula, and will destroy Rome. I mean, America. So, okay I have to go with Hillary. But she is just such an uninspiring candidate.

It feels more like the monarchy is passing over the crown than an election.

I'm actually surprised to see it looks like Clinton might pull off South Dakota. I didnt think it would be close. I'm thinking Clinton gets NJ, NM, SD, Sanders gets Montana and ND. CA will be a complete toss up.

South Dakota is a primary, and the flip side Bernie is kicking her butt in the North Dakota caucus. On a side note shouldn't we just get ride of the Dakotas and make them 1 Dakota?

I actually though decent chance Hillary would win Montana as well and look like she is slightly leading. I basically based that on how well she did in the Wyoming Caucus(which she lost but was much closer then expected)

I wish I could enjoy it. I dislike Hillary. Yeah, yeah, I know. Trump is Caligula, and will destroy Rome. I mean, America. So, okay I have to go with Hillary. But she is just such an uninspiring candidate.

get off of it

Papa Smurf lost

now he can go back to Vermont and do whatever it is white people do there

Sanders is going to be laying off half his campaign staff.

But even if you dislike Hillary, surely you can appreciate the historic importance of this event.

Without sounding like a BernieBro (I've voted for him, but acknowledge he's only a half-measure who wants things both ways), I echo the sentiment that I wish the first woman [seemingly] nominated wasn't someone who's advantages are "convenient coincidences".

Taking just the last 24 hours into account, we have AP running a story ahead of a massive set of primaries that essentially sends the message, "Don't inconvenience yourself, we'll see you in November." Then this morning as the primaries were taking place, the State Dept announces that e-mails that could show Hillary brokered and majorly profited from a TPP trade deal that sells out American businesses won't be released until after the election.

This misinformation and misdirection just reeks and that shouldn't be footnote to the first woman rise to power. This election cycle is opening a lot of eyes. Maybe it will make a difference next time.

Hillary should use this as her campaign song

[YT]HH3ruuml-R4[/YT]

Without sounding like a BernieBro (I've voted for him, but acknowledge he's only a half-measure who wants things both ways), I echo the sentiment that I wish the first woman [seemingly] nominated wasn't someone who's advantages are "convenient coincidences".

Taking just the last 24 hours into account, we have AP running a story ahead of a massive set of primaries that essentially sends the message, "Don't inconvenience yourself, we'll see you in November." Then this morning as the primaries were taking place, the State Dept announces that e-mails that could show Hillary brokered and majorly profited from a TPP trade deal that sells out American businesses won't be released until after the election.

This misinformation and misdirection just reeks and that shouldn't be footnote to the first woman rise to power. This election cycle is opening a lot of eyes. Maybe it will make a difference next time.

I mentioned this on the previous page but there is absolutely no logic to the idea that the AP story benefited either candidate. You could apply the same logic and say Clinton voters stayed home today because she won yesterday. I hate anecdotal evidence but my Facebook feed is littered today with pissed off Sanders supporters who said more or less they were going to make sure to get out as many voters as possible today in California to stop Hillary from winning to spite the AP report. Meanwhile my dad who supports Clinton told me he didn't vote because he thought the election was already over. The fact of the matter is the AP announcing the race yesterday only pissed off Sanders supporters more. It didn't do any favors for Clinton at all and probably hurt her if anything. I'm so sick of Sanders supporters blaming the DNC, rigged primaries, super delegates for losing. There is no vast conspiracy against him by the DNC or the media, he simply received less votes than Clinton. For that matter, let's assume Clinton was reponsible for the media announcing her the presumptive nominee last night. Why on Earth would she want Puerto Rico to be the primary that put her over the top when she was very obviously going to hit that benchmark less than 24 hours later in New Jersey? It turned out to be the most anti climatic end to the race ever whereas winning NJ, SC, New Mexico and potentially CA would have been a great high note to end the primary on.

The DNC is in the tank for Hillary, so is the media (even some in the media have pointed it out). That's not some conspiracy. Having said that, Bernie had little chance of winning from the get go. Maybe if the DNC hadn't been so underhanded and biased (Debbie scheduling debates on saturday night), there wouldn't be this much bad blood.

Bernie might have the last laugh if he can get Wasserman-Schultz primaried. But maybe Hillary will make her secretary of something in return for her service.

Sanders might get primaried himself by this Al Giodarno (sp?) guy. After tonight, I imagine the party is eager to see the back of him any way it can.

Sanders might get primaried himself by this Al Giodarno (sp?) guy. After tonight, I imagine the party is eager to see the back of him any way it can.

Lol. He's beloved in Vermont (highest approval rating of any US senator). And technically an independent, who doesn't need DNC money.

Also apparently that guy is a joke.

If Sanders can have his delusions, so can I. *stamps foot*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"